The beta testing of the Android 8.0 Oreo on the Huawei Mate 10 Lite and P10 Lite has ended and the OEM has started pushing the final version of the firmware. Some users in Germany already report that they are receiving the much-needed upgrade.
The OTA update is about 2.5GB big and just 500MB if you are updating from the beta version. The build number for the P10 Lite is WAS-LX1A 18.104.22.1682 (C432) and RNE-L01 22.214.171.1240 (C432) for the Mate 10 Lite.
You can expect some new features and under the hood changes once the update hits you as well.
- Now holding onto an app icon will display commonly used features and actions of the app itself.
- AI improvements are at hand improving the overall user experience when navigating through the menus. The OS boots up faster and works smoother.
- Improved security of the system and the PrivateSpace app
- Smart tips will help you get the most out of the EMUI
- You can now sync more details of your LinkedIn contacts with your email and calendar
- The settings menu has been re-designed
- Added recycle bin in the gallery app that stores deleted photos up to 30 days
- The Phone Manager app has been improved - traditional cleansing takes less time while the thorough cleansing clears more thoroughly
- The phone can now connect to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously
For now, the update has been received by German users, so it won't take long for the OTA update to reach the global market.
Source (in German)