jack, 18 Feb 2009come on apple i know you will do it again and win the market .please come up with your new 12 ... more12PM ? why not 100 MP
I do not think camera is that importent
it is still a PHONE and 2 MP camera by now it is more than
enought for IPHONE it makes nice and clear pix even in low light.
I love my IPHONE
come on apple i know you will do it again and win the market .please come up with your new 12 mp or higher fone . we are eagerly waiting for you .. we want something new from you apple guys
nick, 18 Feb 2009i couldnt switch from an N82 to an iphone. id just miss the features.
id miss the radio fo... moreSo don't Charlton Athletic do a web stream?
I get thousands of stations from around the world via web streaming, including all my local stations.
it is xcllent fone..touch is amazing..xcept sum minor issue which are totally ignorable..the first fone of my life of which i m satisfied.touch is amazing..yeah u cant forward messages,or blutooth is not proper..but these kidy things..
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2009So you are going to downgrade your N95?
I suggest you wait for the Samsung Omnia HD, I'm th... moreme downgrading from the n95 to the 5800 touchscreen?
i would say it is not downgrading. they are just two different nokia smartphone line-ups. 5800 touchscreen is also feature pack just like the n95. it has the latest OS. only difference between the two is the camera mp.
i couldnt switch from an N82 to an iphone. id just miss the features.
id miss the radio for charlton athletic commentery on saturdays :)
id miss having a usable camera
and id miss having a real keyboard
therock, 17 Feb 2009How can the iphone be the best? It is not even an all around phone to begin with. therefore, i... moreSo you are going to downgrade your N95?
I suggest you wait for the Samsung Omnia HD, I'm thinking of replacing my N82 with it.
See, I use my iPhone more than my N82, if it had a dual SIM slot I wouldn't bother with my Nokia at all.
After using the iPhone for a while I find it annoying to use with it's small buttons and tiny screen, web browsing is a pain.
How can the iphone be the best? It is not even an all around phone to begin with. therefore, iphone still sux. apple needs to upgrade the device itself such the camera, instead of just applications and softwares.
I DO HAVE AN IPHONE!! I rarely use it. I use my n95 more. my next smartphone is the 5800 touchscreen.
blondie, 16 Feb 2009"Bluetooth Yes, v2.0, headset support only" guys pls help does this mean i can only send n ... moreThat means you can only use the bluetooth for the headset... You cannot transfer files via bluetooth... yet...
nick, 16 Feb 2009that i8910 absolutely murders this. and none of you can desert that factOK let me know when they sell 17 million pieces and have an app store with 20000
Good luck copycats :
Fortune notes a string of announcements coming out of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona where it seems mobile app stores are on everyone's mind. DeWitt summarizes the headlines and notes that "now everyone has an App Store":
- Nokias Ovi Store. An online app and media portal that comes pre-integrated on Nokias (NOK) new N97 (right), but will be available for download on a slew of existing Nokia phones come May. (link)
- Windows Marketplace. Along with a new version of Windows Mobile, Microsoft (MSFT) announced Monday that it will open a new Windows Marketplace offering - you guessed it - 20,000 apps, some of which actually run on mobile devices.
- App Store for Symbian. PocketGear, which had previously built its own Palm App Store and an App Store for Windows Mobile, unveiled an App Store for Symbian, the operating system that runs Nokias smartphones. How it will compete with the Ovi Store remains to be seen.
- Android Market. Google (GOOG) opened an application marketplace for the Android platform last October, but so far it has only accepted free apps. Look for an announcement from Google this week about how thats going to change.
- BlackBerry Applications Center. Research in Motion (RIMM) invited developers to submit programs to its forthcoming Applications Center in October. We may be hearing more this week about when that will open for business.
- Palm Software Store. This one went live in December with 2,000 apps and 1,000 free games available for download to both Palm (PALM) OS devices and Windows Mobile.
All these companies are, of course, trying to emulate some of the breakaway success of the iTunes App Store which now houses over 20,000 apps and over 500 million downloads.
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2009there are many things that apple wont want you to know about the iphone, like the lack of basi... moreYou left out that they've sol 17 million of them and there are now 20,000 applications and 12 million songs available with a couple of touches of the screen.
Why is Nokia trying to copy with OVI?
Why is Microsoft trying to copy with Skymarket?
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2009just come here from nokia forum.
Nokia E55(600Mhz), N97(unknown, quad core maybe) and 5800X... moreI prefer to go to the Samsung and LG forums to see the real innovators.
Nokia is still riding on boring rehashes of the N95.
Nothing new just more of the same old same old.
IF YOU DON'T OWN A IPHONE OR HAVE NOT SPENT THE TIME TO REALLY CHECK IT OUT FOR MORE THAN 2 MINUTES, YOU SHOULD NOT BE TOO QUICK YO COMMENT.
I have had the iPhone 3G since mid Aug '08 (I got an early Hardware Upgrade). I never planned on keeping it for sure, I thought I would sell it and buy something else. At first it was buggy, but after the firmware updates it's improved tenfold! The Firmware 2.2 update made Safari even faster. I don't even use my old PC to surf the Net anymore! My iPhone 3G is just as good and the touchscreen is easy to use. I do wish it had MMS and changeable themes and a video recorder, but I can Jailbreak if I want those things. Or I can be patient and wait for them to appear in the App Store. There is 30,000 Apps and counting.
Are there better phones coming out? Yes, of course. But the iPhone may still have the best browser out there. And the next iPhone will be even better. Remember, Apple is still very new to the mobile game and with just 2 handsets out, they have proven they can make a very marketable phone. (I am no big fan of Apple, but I do like the iPhones)
Don't judge the phone unless you've owned one or tried it out to it's full abilities (it will take awhile!)