therock, 17 Feb 2009How can the iphone be the best? It is not even an all around phone to begin with. therefore, i... moreSo you are going to downgrade your N95?
I suggest you wait for the Samsung Omnia HD, I'm thinking of replacing my N82 with it.
See, I use my iPhone more than my N82, if it had a dual SIM slot I wouldn't bother with my Nokia at all.
After using the iPhone for a while I find it annoying to use with it's small buttons and tiny screen, web browsing is a pain.
How can the iphone be the best? It is not even an all around phone to begin with. therefore, iphone still sux. apple needs to upgrade the device itself such the camera, instead of just applications and softwares.
I DO HAVE AN IPHONE!! I rarely use it. I use my n95 more. my next smartphone is the 5800 touchscreen.
blondie, 16 Feb 2009"Bluetooth Yes, v2.0, headset support only" guys pls help does this mean i can only send n ... moreThat means you can only use the bluetooth for the headset... You cannot transfer files via bluetooth... yet...
nick, 16 Feb 2009that i8910 absolutely murders this. and none of you can desert that factOK let me know when they sell 17 million pieces and have an app store with 20000
Good luck copycats :
Fortune notes a string of announcements coming out of Mobile World Congress in Barcelona where it seems mobile app stores are on everyone's mind. DeWitt summarizes the headlines and notes that "now everyone has an App Store":
- Nokias Ovi Store. An online app and media portal that comes pre-integrated on Nokias (NOK) new N97 (right), but will be available for download on a slew of existing Nokia phones come May. (link)
- Windows Marketplace. Along with a new version of Windows Mobile, Microsoft (MSFT) announced Monday that it will open a new Windows Marketplace offering - you guessed it - 20,000 apps, some of which actually run on mobile devices.
- App Store for Symbian. PocketGear, which had previously built its own Palm App Store and an App Store for Windows Mobile, unveiled an App Store for Symbian, the operating system that runs Nokias smartphones. How it will compete with the Ovi Store remains to be seen.
- Android Market. Google (GOOG) opened an application marketplace for the Android platform last October, but so far it has only accepted free apps. Look for an announcement from Google this week about how thats going to change.
- BlackBerry Applications Center. Research in Motion (RIMM) invited developers to submit programs to its forthcoming Applications Center in October. We may be hearing more this week about when that will open for business.
- Palm Software Store. This one went live in December with 2,000 apps and 1,000 free games available for download to both Palm (PALM) OS devices and Windows Mobile.
All these companies are, of course, trying to emulate some of the breakaway success of the iTunes App Store which now houses over 20,000 apps and over 500 million downloads.
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2009there are many things that apple wont want you to know about the iphone, like the lack of basi... moreYou left out that they've sol 17 million of them and there are now 20,000 applications and 12 million songs available with a couple of touches of the screen.
Why is Nokia trying to copy with OVI?
Why is Microsoft trying to copy with Skymarket?
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2009just come here from nokia forum.
Nokia E55(600Mhz), N97(unknown, quad core maybe) and 5800X... moreI prefer to go to the Samsung and LG forums to see the real innovators.
Nokia is still riding on boring rehashes of the N95.
Nothing new just more of the same old same old.
IF YOU DON'T OWN A IPHONE OR HAVE NOT SPENT THE TIME TO REALLY CHECK IT OUT FOR MORE THAN 2 MINUTES, YOU SHOULD NOT BE TOO QUICK YO COMMENT.
I have had the iPhone 3G since mid Aug '08 (I got an early Hardware Upgrade). I never planned on keeping it for sure, I thought I would sell it and buy something else. At first it was buggy, but after the firmware updates it's improved tenfold! The Firmware 2.2 update made Safari even faster. I don't even use my old PC to surf the Net anymore! My iPhone 3G is just as good and the touchscreen is easy to use. I do wish it had MMS and changeable themes and a video recorder, but I can Jailbreak if I want those things. Or I can be patient and wait for them to appear in the App Store. There is 30,000 Apps and counting.
Are there better phones coming out? Yes, of course. But the iPhone may still have the best browser out there. And the next iPhone will be even better. Remember, Apple is still very new to the mobile game and with just 2 handsets out, they have proven they can make a very marketable phone. (I am no big fan of Apple, but I do like the iPhones)
Don't judge the phone unless you've owned one or tried it out to it's full abilities (it will take awhile!)
There still a 2.0 Mega Pixel Camera, most Modern Mobiles are 5.0 Mega Pixel & Above now, & theres No Video Recording, What a Blunder.
there are many things that apple wont want you to know about the iphone, like the lack of basic features. many people are cheated by apple thinking that it is a smartphone that off course should have basic features like mms, running program in background, bluetooth file tranfer, 2MP only camera, video calling over 3g, and it is OVEROVEROVER PRICEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
just come here from nokia forum.
Nokia E55(600Mhz), N97(unknown, quad core maybe) and 5800Xm(368mHZ) are good looking devices
apple iphone 3g is now boring, the design is just too simple and people will get bored with it design easily!
Who needs MMS and why???
I would not send any if I need to pay for it and there is no guarantee if it will be ever recived.
IPHONE can send een multi-photo email its eazy and simple at no charge.
MMS is crap expensive and already died out course of email.
(there is een MMS app for IPHONE thet can send and recive MMS for those who are desperate for it)
nick, 16 Feb 2009that i8910 absolutely murders this. and none of you can desert that factdos KIA cars better than mercedes ?? no even kia is best saling cars now coz mercedes is still mercedes so just like the iphone 3g is mercedes and your i8910 is kia .
can anyone tell me how to turn the "3G" data off on the i phone 3G
please and thank you
that i8910 absolutely murders this. and none of you can desert that fact