PHONES 4U IS DA BEST, 16 Feb 2009worst phone ever!! runs slow, crap camera, no bluetooth and the sound system on it is very dis... moreYou're joking, right?
I went to google to set up a new gmail account with a blackberry storm and it told me I had to use a desktop browser on a PC, so I set it up on my iPhone instead with no problems.
The storm is really annoying to type on after a while, having to continuously push the screen in, the screen rotation also seems to have a mind of it's own.
The applications and games are nowhere near the quality of the iPhone.
Apart from that the Storm isn't too bad the push email is second to none.
worst phone ever!! runs slow, crap camera, no bluetooth and the sound system on it is very disapointing!! go to Phones 4u and get the Blackberry storm
I do love the iPhone but I would trade for a better phone in a heart beat. Web browsing is better than the Omnia though.
The N97 is without a doubt a wonderful device, but the Symbian OS can only deliver so much fluidity and ease of use. What Iphone lacks in features like video call and MMS, it more than makes up for it with the App Store (over 20000 apps I think?) and of course the amazingly fluid and beautiful OS. If you've ever used one, you would understand how fun it is just swishing through the menus. I am extremely happy with my Iphone and would not trade for any other phone unless it was priced competitively (under 300 bucks) and had a good variety of useful applications, as well as games, 5 MP+ camera, among other things. And with jailbreaking your iphone ALWAYS an option, your Iphone can be as simple or as complex and equally powerful as you like. My cousin just put a PSOne (Original Playstation) emulator on his Iphone 3G, works like a charm. I have never seen any other phone pull that off quite as nicely, and there are VERY few that can do it at all (N95 is the main one).
Anonymous, 15 Feb 2009The bigger news of the week is the N97 has been comprehensively trounced by the Samsung Omnia ... moreJust check out the new SONY ERICSSON IDOU with 12mega pixel and the new symbian touch interface software
It really rock i feel after the I phone this is really the new thing along with the PALM PRE
I must also add the real Pepsi loves her iPhone and will never trade it in for a N97!
I have been using this phone for more than 6 months. This is an excellent phone to me so far. The phone is fast and easy to use. Of couse this is not a perfect phone but this is amoung the best phone in the market.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970More news SonyEricsson has announced a 12 megapixel Symbian touchscreen phone.
So why are you recommending a 2nd rate phone like the N97 as a suitable upgrade for iPhone users when there will be far better alternatives.
If the features of the N97 were that important to me that I'd consider changing to it, why wouldn't I get one of the better phone's?
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970The bigger news of the week is the N97 has been comprehensively trounced by the Samsung Omnia HD.
8 megapixel, HD video recording, HDMI out, capacitive(?) touchscreen.
If I wanted Symbian I wouldn't bother with the Nokia.
I'll just stick with my iPhone.
Anonymous, 15 Feb 2009can i put my downloaded music using limewire on the iphone 3g, or do i always need to use iTun... moreYes, you can add any MP3 on your computer to iTunes and sync them with your phone.
dont buy this phone. its not a smart phone its a fashion thing not practical, i could go on for ages.............no MMS....dodgy APPS......
so what benefits do u get from a jailbroken iphone? & if ur downloading apps by the iphone over wifi do u still have to sign in to your account? steve jobs is pissing me off with this itunes thing. am having trouble making an account. so i cant even download free apps. man this sucks.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I do agree that the N97 shows a lot of potential to be an iphone killer. But so did a lot of touchscreen phones that came out before the N97 that included features that's missing on the iphone. So I don't think anyone can be sure that the N97 is indeed an iphone killer, until it finally comes out. Features is one thing, user experience is another. And user experience is where the iphone trumps all of them.
The iphone still has some advantages over the N97 that are noteworthy and important. To name some:
1. Capacitive touch (N97 uses resistive) - capacitive has more pros than cons than resistive. Sorry, but the stylus is more of a turn off than a likable feature.
2. Scratch-proof glass display (N97 uses plastic) - The N97's screen would look cheap and easily scratched compared to the iphone's beautiful and sturdy glass display.
3. Safari and OSX- already known to be the best, if not one of the best, mobile web browsers and OS out there. We're not sure yet with the N97's because it's not out yet.
4. MP3 - It's already known to be the best, if not one of the best, MP3 players out there. Nokia's Tube did not turn out to be at par with the iphone's mp3, I doubt if the N97's would, but we'll see.
5. The App Store - it has over 20,000 available apps right now, and still growing (some apps fill in for the iphone's missing features).
6. Integration of services - for legit iphone users, this gives us the EASE and CONVENIENCE in acquiring services that's almost none existent in other phones (app store, itunes, at&t)
7. Built, Quality and Design- the iphone has a more solid and sturdy feel and look compared to the N97 that I'm sure would again be creaky and too plasticky. Quality is very important to a lot of users. The physical qwerty is good, but then, that is not what being a FULL touchscreen phone, like the iphone, is all about.
8. Multi-touch - I need not elaborate on this one. We all know that this is a winner feature.
So, is the N97 the real iphone killer (for the 1,000th time)? I really doubt it, but we'll see.
can i put my downloaded music using limewire on the iphone 3g, or do i always need to use iTunes for my multimedia experience on the iphone 3g?
i have lots of mp3 on my comp. can i transfer them to the iphone?
how can you say the touchscreen is well done?
it is not out yet, you never tried it for long period.
your judging a phone with no experience on it...
haha seems pretending you know more.
You no it makes sense just check out the n97 specs then compare to iphone and there is your answer n97 Wins O