RE: Anonymous; Anonymous Annoying User *AAU*;
As discussed in the previous logs in this Apple/3G blog up until date: -2008-12-15 15:25-
Everyone has different tastes & styles of many different mobile devices in today's market place. Rather it be a Nokia, Moto or Apple device etc.. there are many new devices coming out to select from with different tech specs each year! It does get confusing for the new mobile users or lets say the users who do not keep up to date with the new specifications add-ons when a new device is launched. Many users who do not bother educating themselves with the latest specs rely on who? Friends, Sales Reps teams in stores to lend them a hand in a device selection. The user can simply look up the specs online here @ GSM ARENA if it's a GSM phone they want. Sadly, many "NOOBS" who recently upgraded their devices have chosen to go the Apple root - a mobile/entertainment/door stoper device!
Now-with all this said I did not mean to start a GSM ARENA War blog on the Apple iPhone. I just simply listed a few pointers that the Apple iPhone/3G needs improvements on! WTF? Maybe Apple Corp. will smarten up & learn from other mobile competitor/manufactures on their next gen iPhone release. Some of those USEFUL features I & 'AAU' argued about in the previously logs -2008-12-15 15:25- are good add-ons in my option!
"AAU" good luck searching for your next gen device in the near future, because if your going to rely on your friend Steve Jobs by just slapping a few more GIG's of ON-BOARD memory in your upgraded iPhone & minor OS improvement fixes with included crappy promos add-ons, you are truly wasting your $$$!
On top of that all said, it might as well join your current iPhone/3G dev. as an expansive door stopper!
Whoa.. I haven't checked this site for a while and now i come across fighting and bashing. Take it easy you two. "Anonymous" I get your point. Relax, don't waste time defending yourself when you don't have to.
To everyone: This should be an "opinions" page. Sharing your opinion doesn't require bashing other brands or picking a fight. If you're so annoyed by a particular brand then stage a demonstration in front of their office or talk with a friend who is equally passionate as you about the phone brand you like most. There are other ways.
Key to getting the phone you want: research on your needs and wants in a phone, ask a friend or someone you know who has used it or better yet call the retailers and ask them everything you want to know, or go to the shop and tinker with their sample units, and then decide what you want to get. If you don't like it in the end, then better luck next time. We make the decision to get the phone, so if we get disappointed, then it's our own fault. Not the phone's.
No phone is perfect. If there was, then there would only be 1 mobile phone brand out there. "Everything" for one person may mean too powerful/ complicated for someone, or too boring for another. All brands have their shortfalls, no brand is perfect, each brand has their own target market, admirers, and haters. So just let's just leave it at that.
Please, can we just get back to sharing opinions and helpful answers instead of this? Take it somewhere else for the benefit of those who do not want to argue and are just seeking for useful opinions.
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970ok fine youre so determined that i defend the iphone, here i will:
lets looks at the unique features of the iphone -
The screen: theres plenty the iphones screen has to offer nobody else does, the unique multitouch action, neigh perfect sunlight legibility, tempered scratch resistant glass.
The OS: the iphone has the exclusive use of the Apple OSX software, developed by the same team who develops the mac OS for their desktops, one of the most stable and virus free OS on the market today
Music: using the same software and hardware as Apples leading brand of mp3 players makes the iphone the best personal audio phone released to date.
The App store: With a free SDK the app store boasts a wide and varied range of application for any persons needs, both for entertainment and professional uses. The number of which is expanding every day.
So thats 4, completely unique features that the iphone has that NO other phone on the market has, what does nokia have? the symbian OS, and im sure the new touch version of it will try its very best to rip off OSX in every aspect
Allan, 16 Dec 2008N97, 360 640 pixels, better then iphone!youre way to caught up in this idea that me and you are trying to compete, frankly i dont care what you buy or what you like but youre just like all the other typical nokia fanboys, you just say any crap that comes to your head to try and defend your brand and put down others, and this is all misinformation for the people who read these opinions to sway their purchase, your the kind of pain in the ass that all my customers come in and say "my mate said this does this and that and its really awesome, and that ones really crap cause he said so" and of course all that info is wrong
Allan, 16 Dec 2008All you have to do is look at n97 spec's, that's not hard. 5 meg camera, auto focus, flash ,48... morewow you just listed a bunch of specs already common in the touchscreen market available RIGHT NOW just like i posted on the n97 board.
im sure you were one of those kids at school that when all your mates knew you were wrong and told you so you just stood there with your hands over your ears blabbering nonsense so you didnt have to listen to reason.
Allan, 16 Dec 2008Look who is talking about other people spreading mis information. N97 forum you said n97 is a... morehaha see once again you provide no facts and take cheap shots at me, i dont give a rats about how apple sales are i dont care if its not a feature packed as any other brand, i love my iphone and its perfect for my needs nothing more, i still think they are a great phone id recommend them to people that wanted the same features as i but they arent for everyone, and yes i know its lacking in some of the areas which are considered standards, dont really care i dont use any of these features so it doesnt bother me
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2008youre still a blind zealot for nokia, youve hailed and praised the n97 till my ears have bled ... moreAll you have to do is look at n97 spec's, that's not hard. 5 meg camera, auto focus, flash ,48 gig memory with card, 1500 battery, built in gps receiver with voice guidance, handwriting recognition, touchscreen, a2dp. wi fi, 3g. Slide out qwerty.
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2008Im sorry but when i see people who are misinformed or spreading misinformation i feel its nece... moreLook who is talking about other people spreading mis information.
N97 forum you said n97 is already out of date. That's ridiculous. Then whats the iphone,when it's features aren't even as good as n97!
Iphone users think iphone is good because of sales.
The back street boys sold a lot of cd's. Therefore they must be good. This is your thinking!
Allan, 16 Dec 2008I can admit faults as well, as i did before, mentioning n96 battery should have been better!youre still a blind zealot for nokia, youve hailed and praised the n97 till my ears have bled but when asked for some hard factual evidence of why i should even care about it or that it will be a relevant piece of tech when it hits the market youve just resorted to petty insults and brand bashing
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2008no sorry i was just pointing out and debunking his fallacy. Also as im a mobile retailer ive u... moreI can admit faults as well, as i did before, mentioning n96 battery should have been better!
Allan, 16 Dec 2008Putting down another phone "storm" is defending your own!Im sorry but when i see people who are misinformed or spreading misinformation i feel its necessary for someone to try and make them aware of their mistakes or at least make sure anyone taking these opinions seriously are properly informed, which as i said im a retailer and thats part of my job
Allan, 16 Dec 2008Putting down another phone "storm" is defending your own!no sorry i was just pointing out and debunking his fallacy. Also as im a mobile retailer ive used the storm as im expected to sell it and it is awful disregarding the iphone totally its still awful. im not a fanboy like you i can admit the faults with my prefered phone and brand
Anonymous, 15 Dec 2008and limited 3rd party apps? what kind of selection do you want? there are literally thousands ... moreYou said in post 2008-12-15 03:06 That your not trying to defend the iphone. Sure sounds like you are to this person you replied to, Mobile expert.
just compared the iphone with the Blackberry Storm. BB in my view much better and less frustrating, intuative keypad better as unable to operate the apple with gloves or cold hands accessing battery a plus and i like the ability to hot swap memory, videoing useful. BB needs a hardware upgrade already, need to turn off 3G to make it thru the day, and I dont understand why they changed to a micro usb but all in all still better than the apple so I bought it. would recommend business pers stay with the BB Bold
Mobile expert user, 15 Dec 2008Missing items on Apple's iPhone & iPhone 3G:
1. no removable battery
2. maximum screen re... moreLet me just pick out a few faults with your argument...
1. No Removable Battery - That's why we get chargers, or car chargers... and Apple actually gave us aeroplane mode for those long flights over the Pacific. Sure the battery life isn't immaculate, but when you think about what the iPhone can do, its not an issue.
2. Maximum Screen Resolution is 320x480 - Your point? It still looks fantastic. I don't give how many pixels it is. Stop worrying about the specs, if it looks good, who cares?
3. Limited 3rd Party Apps - Um, no. Try unlimited. Seriously, maybe if you were writing this before the app store, I'd believe you, but the however million sales they make per day begs to differ.
4. No Streaming Stereo Audio Profile - Okay, I'll admit, it doesn't, but you can buy adaptors for it, and before too long, hopefully the January Macworld will see the support added. At least with the iPhone Steve Jobs can give us free updates through iTunes, nice and simple.
5. Google Maps on 3G Model Only - Show me a non 3G phone that does Google maps anyway. Thats like saying no image on radio, or no bullets in water pistol. And this is the iPhone 3G forum... so it just denotes your point yet again.
6. User is Locked to 1 Service Provider with 3G model - Since when is that anything new? And the fact is, I have my 2 year contract with Optus, but I can get my handset unlocked for free. Or I could buy it PrePaid, which would then be locked to Optus as well, but thats no different from the Nokia PrePaids we sell. Contractual agreements have nothing to do with the phone, but the service provider, so don't complain about it here.
Anyway, Optus gave me a free 250MB of data on my Cap just because I'm an iPhone customer, no megabucks MIP here :)
7. No Windows Live IM Support - Its a Mac... Windows software not running on it isn't anything new, lol. That's Microsofts problem, if they don't make the app, Apple can't support it. There is third party applications that can run it, Palringo being one example, but again, its not the iPhone's problem.
8. User is Stuck Using Safari Which Doens't Even Support Flash - Safari is brilliant, and Apple are working on Flash Support as we speak. I'm all for waiting for Apple to get it right, then for them to pump out buggy half finished nonsense.
9. No Onboard keyboard - Its a touchscreen phone... keyboards denote that fact. Far out, pick actual faults, not what you want in your own perfect phone.
10. Cannot Compare to EDGE Speeds - Um, yes, it can. And the Wi-Fi means that I can use internet without paying money, making that 250MB I mentioned earlier go a long way. When I'm at work or home, free iPhone internet. I'm not complaining. And using 'limited apps :)' such as Wi-Finder I can discover many free hotspots.
11. Users Can't Put In Flash Memory - Sure, its a tad annoying, but 16 gig is really plenty enough room. You can only physically listen to a certain amount of songs in one day, and I think I have 17 days (Don't quote me, I don't have iTunes open) on my iPhone. I know that it has more than 24 hours, and thats really all you need.
12. There Is No 3G Video Calling - How many times do you video call? If you really need to see someone that much, go out for coffee with them. And if they are that far away that you can't meet up, then video call rates are too expensive. Exercise patience and use Skype when you get home.
13. No Skype - The reason there is no Skype is because no Telco is going to sell a phone that they don't make any money off. What's the point of singing you up to a plan when you will just make free calls?
With that said, you can get Skype support with Fring, so if you really are desparate for the calls, then it can be done.
14. - Sorry? You can only pick 13 faults with the iPhone and most of them aren't valid anyway?
Conclusion - Stop making up rubbish lists complaining about stupid things that the iPhone was never intended to do. Next you'll be saying it doesn't have 'Nokia' on the back, so it mustn't be good, lol.
Please, please, please let this be the last of these annoying lists. This isn't user opinions, its people complaining about Apple. So please, stop. Go to an Apple shop and talk to a Genius about it.