Anonymous, 16 Dec 2008youre still a blind zealot for nokia, youve hailed and praised the n97 till my ears have bled ... moreAll you have to do is look at n97 spec's, that's not hard. 5 meg camera, auto focus, flash ,48 gig memory with card, 1500 battery, built in gps receiver with voice guidance, handwriting recognition, touchscreen, a2dp. wi fi, 3g. Slide out qwerty.
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2008Im sorry but when i see people who are misinformed or spreading misinformation i feel its nece... moreLook who is talking about other people spreading mis information.
N97 forum you said n97 is already out of date. That's ridiculous. Then whats the iphone,when it's features aren't even as good as n97!
Iphone users think iphone is good because of sales.
The back street boys sold a lot of cd's. Therefore they must be good. This is your thinking!
Allan, 16 Dec 2008I can admit faults as well, as i did before, mentioning n96 battery should have been better!youre still a blind zealot for nokia, youve hailed and praised the n97 till my ears have bled but when asked for some hard factual evidence of why i should even care about it or that it will be a relevant piece of tech when it hits the market youve just resorted to petty insults and brand bashing
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2008no sorry i was just pointing out and debunking his fallacy. Also as im a mobile retailer ive u... moreI can admit faults as well, as i did before, mentioning n96 battery should have been better!
Allan, 16 Dec 2008Putting down another phone "storm" is defending your own!Im sorry but when i see people who are misinformed or spreading misinformation i feel its necessary for someone to try and make them aware of their mistakes or at least make sure anyone taking these opinions seriously are properly informed, which as i said im a retailer and thats part of my job
Allan, 16 Dec 2008Putting down another phone "storm" is defending your own!no sorry i was just pointing out and debunking his fallacy. Also as im a mobile retailer ive used the storm as im expected to sell it and it is awful disregarding the iphone totally its still awful. im not a fanboy like you i can admit the faults with my prefered phone and brand
Anonymous, 15 Dec 2008and limited 3rd party apps? what kind of selection do you want? there are literally thousands ... moreYou said in post 2008-12-15 03:06 That your not trying to defend the iphone. Sure sounds like you are to this person you replied to, Mobile expert.
just compared the iphone with the Blackberry Storm. BB in my view much better and less frustrating, intuative keypad better as unable to operate the apple with gloves or cold hands accessing battery a plus and i like the ability to hot swap memory, videoing useful. BB needs a hardware upgrade already, need to turn off 3G to make it thru the day, and I dont understand why they changed to a micro usb but all in all still better than the apple so I bought it. would recommend business pers stay with the BB Bold
Mobile expert user, 15 Dec 2008Missing items on Apple's iPhone & iPhone 3G:
1. no removable battery
2. maximum screen re... moreLet me just pick out a few faults with your argument...
1. No Removable Battery - That's why we get chargers, or car chargers... and Apple actually gave us aeroplane mode for those long flights over the Pacific. Sure the battery life isn't immaculate, but when you think about what the iPhone can do, its not an issue.
2. Maximum Screen Resolution is 320x480 - Your point? It still looks fantastic. I don't give how many pixels it is. Stop worrying about the specs, if it looks good, who cares?
3. Limited 3rd Party Apps - Um, no. Try unlimited. Seriously, maybe if you were writing this before the app store, I'd believe you, but the however million sales they make per day begs to differ.
4. No Streaming Stereo Audio Profile - Okay, I'll admit, it doesn't, but you can buy adaptors for it, and before too long, hopefully the January Macworld will see the support added. At least with the iPhone Steve Jobs can give us free updates through iTunes, nice and simple.
5. Google Maps on 3G Model Only - Show me a non 3G phone that does Google maps anyway. Thats like saying no image on radio, or no bullets in water pistol. And this is the iPhone 3G forum... so it just denotes your point yet again.
6. User is Locked to 1 Service Provider with 3G model - Since when is that anything new? And the fact is, I have my 2 year contract with Optus, but I can get my handset unlocked for free. Or I could buy it PrePaid, which would then be locked to Optus as well, but thats no different from the Nokia PrePaids we sell. Contractual agreements have nothing to do with the phone, but the service provider, so don't complain about it here.
Anyway, Optus gave me a free 250MB of data on my Cap just because I'm an iPhone customer, no megabucks MIP here :)
7. No Windows Live IM Support - Its a Mac... Windows software not running on it isn't anything new, lol. That's Microsofts problem, if they don't make the app, Apple can't support it. There is third party applications that can run it, Palringo being one example, but again, its not the iPhone's problem.
8. User is Stuck Using Safari Which Doens't Even Support Flash - Safari is brilliant, and Apple are working on Flash Support as we speak. I'm all for waiting for Apple to get it right, then for them to pump out buggy half finished nonsense.
9. No Onboard keyboard - Its a touchscreen phone... keyboards denote that fact. Far out, pick actual faults, not what you want in your own perfect phone.
10. Cannot Compare to EDGE Speeds - Um, yes, it can. And the Wi-Fi means that I can use internet without paying money, making that 250MB I mentioned earlier go a long way. When I'm at work or home, free iPhone internet. I'm not complaining. And using 'limited apps :)' such as Wi-Finder I can discover many free hotspots.
11. Users Can't Put In Flash Memory - Sure, its a tad annoying, but 16 gig is really plenty enough room. You can only physically listen to a certain amount of songs in one day, and I think I have 17 days (Don't quote me, I don't have iTunes open) on my iPhone. I know that it has more than 24 hours, and thats really all you need.
12. There Is No 3G Video Calling - How many times do you video call? If you really need to see someone that much, go out for coffee with them. And if they are that far away that you can't meet up, then video call rates are too expensive. Exercise patience and use Skype when you get home.
13. No Skype - The reason there is no Skype is because no Telco is going to sell a phone that they don't make any money off. What's the point of singing you up to a plan when you will just make free calls?
With that said, you can get Skype support with Fring, so if you really are desparate for the calls, then it can be done.
14. - Sorry? You can only pick 13 faults with the iPhone and most of them aren't valid anyway?
Conclusion - Stop making up rubbish lists complaining about stupid things that the iPhone was never intended to do. Next you'll be saying it doesn't have 'Nokia' on the back, so it mustn't be good, lol.
Please, please, please let this be the last of these annoying lists. This isn't user opinions, its people complaining about Apple. So please, stop. Go to an Apple shop and talk to a Genius about it.
this phone is really good but people just hate it.. i dont know why? it has basically all functions of other phones. btw for those of you that dont get it.. apple doesnt really care much about the iphone being unlocked... cus if they do care they wouldnt launch the sdk for the iphone... =P which leads to hackers to build unlocking tools.
Currently Viewing Tag "Disaster" in Board "BlackBerry 9500 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Storm"
MaD-MaN, 15 Dec 2008My opinion for this phone (crap),it has slow internet.IT`S full of bugs.MSN MESSENGER is whaaa... morehahaha the storm is the worst blackberry to hit the market EVER, the OS is a joke but not nearly as funny as their attempt at touchscreen, i want a touch screen so i can touch my way through my apps not so i have to select and hit another button
Mobile expert user, 15 Dec 2008Missing items on Apple's iPhone & iPhone 3G: 1. no removable battery 2. maximum screen re... moreand limited 3rd party apps? what kind of selection do you want? there are literally thousands available for download, alot of them free, and alot of the extremely useful for both entertainment and proffesions. My fiance is a nurse and she has several apps that help her do her job better and faster, including a medical dictionary, a dosage converter/calculator among others
Mobile expert user, 15 Dec 2008Missing items on Apple's iPhone & iPhone 3G: 1. no removable battery 2. maximum screen re... morethats funny, i seem to use both skype and msn on my iphone and the internet speed has been on par with any other handset wirth the same capabilities, but ok
My opinion for this phone (crap),it has slow internet.IT`S full of bugs.MSN MESSENGER is whaaackk!!Actually there is no msn messenger i should say.There is no video recording+the picture quality is not very good.Like the mobile expert said you cant even take out the battery(you can but you will literaly destroy your Iphone=not good).It will take you 5 mins ti send 1 phrase in Sms or email etc...Let`s see what else im running out of thouts;well it does have a good responsive screen but it could be better.Enyways the phone is sexy,nice,all that,but,dont judge a book by it`s cover it is nasty PEOPLE please stop bying that phone cause your neightber has it.Even my blackberry bold is way better OBVIOUSLY if yo absolutely want a touch phone be patient and wait for the storm it`s a mix of iphone and blackberry trust me it`s going to own iphone.If yoru just too har headed and you absolutly want it I hope you can get it cracked cause or else your going to be very sad LOL
This is a good handset for people who want something simple to use and where the touchscreen is responsive but if your a phone geek this handset is a big NO! Would choose a HTC handset over an iPhone.
macworld is on 4th n 5th jan.
apple may cut the price of the iPhone as it was done last year - straight away slashed 200$ n may introduce 32GB model.