This phone lacks many basic features like bluetooth, a good camera, mms etc . But agree with me or not iphone has changed things forever in the vast world of mobiles . It has introduced some features like , multi-touch UI , Auto rotation , The best Web browser etc . There features has brought revolution in a true sense . If its not a revolutionary phone , then tel me why are Nokia , Sony Ericcson , Samsung etc. are launching ' iphone killers ' , like Omnia , Xperia x1 , Nokia tube etc . Nobody hasn't ever launched an ' N95 killer ' Lol . We were almost done using same old traditional N series , Walkman series . . . . . . . . Thanx 2 apple . Itz a revolution . . . . . !
It was good to read the 13 points from Anon which summs up what I think of the iPhone too after playing with it in the Apple store.
Just too hard to use esp the text function which should be in landscape, and the Bluetooth joke. Its a nice looking phone and great UI but I text a lot and want proper B'tooth so not much use to me!
The new HTC HD looks like the phone for me!
Having put my sim card back in my N95 & given up with the iphone because it's so horrible to use, I realise one of the most annoying things about the iphone is point 8) below.
1) iphone bluetooth is incompatible with most other devices. It wonít pair with my PC, my laptop my sonís phone, my printer, my wifeís laptop, phone etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe this was done deliberately by Apple so you have to use itunes or some such reason. That makes me very angry. Bluetooth is supposed to be a universal standard like USB. In making the iphone incompatible with most other bluetooth devices they have in effect consciously made it a defective product !
Iíve never heard of such a thing. Itís a completely crass thing to do.
2) Canít switch off predictive text. To add to this, the predictive text youíre stuck with doesnít seem to learn !
3) Canít enlarge font size in text entry box. Why have a relatively large phone screen then leave the customer with tiny fonts !
4) Cant forward SMSís or phone numbers.
5) Canít sort order of internet bookmarks
6) Last Incoming & last outgoing calls mixed up in one call log so difficult to distinguish outgoing from incoming calls.
7) Myspace music doesnít play. Same with other sites where programmes such as flashplayer etc are needed because those programmes don't work on the Apple platform.
8) Hereís one of the most irritating niggles with the iphone. Can't use the iphone with one hand unlike most phones where a little group of selection keys gives access to most functions within easy reach of the thumb of the hand you are holding the phone with. The iphone touch screen is too sensitive to the duration of finger stroke. It needs quick stabs with index finger so thumb doesnít work well. The iphone is a big slippery lump you need two hands to operate where icons are dotted all over the place rather than all within easy reach of your thumb anyway.
9) Any phone screen, including the iphone screen, is too small to use the internet conveniently. I've got a PC at work & two at home. Do I really need the internet in my pocket ? No not with a silly little phone screen. So the main reason to justify having an iphone, namely 3G, isnít a valid enough reason for putting up with the poor ergonomics & camera.
10) The camera is of course not as good as for example the N95 which has 5M pixel & a Carl Zeiss lens.
11) When youíve finished with the phone then press home key the next time you use it, the previous application youíve finished with opens up !
When I go to use my phone I expect the home key to give me the desktop for me to select the application I want to use. Not the application I finished with hours ago !
12) The Qwerty keypad is so small you keep hitting the adjacent key by mistake. Iím so used to to entering text with multiple key strokes via the telephone keypad on my N95 that itís quicker & more reliable & less fiddly than the tiny Qwerty keypad on the iphone.
13 Iphone wonít take a standard earphone jack whereas Nokia had the sense to make the N95 so it does take standard jack.
The iphone is very slick & impressive, but alas ergonomically poor. The wow factor is there initially, but then you find itís not so nice to use. In fact it's a bit gimmicky & I can't forgive Apple for the bluetooth issue. I found the 13 irritating problems listed above within a week of owning my iphone. No doubt there are many more problems one would find over a longer period of time.
I'm happy to be taking my iphone back to the shop & switching back to my Nokia N95. Iím very very disappointed with the iphone.
only issue is that you have to use itunes, dont like being forced to use apple software, nearly as bad as micro$oft
I work in the telco industry and the amount of people that have purchased the iphone and then come to buy a phone that actually does what a phone should do is just ridiculous!!..all you iphone lovers out there need to get a grip on reality, the iphone is just a glorified ipod and nothing else, compare the spec sheet with the HTC Pro and see what argument you can come up with, if you want to talk seriously about specs the email me at email@example.com
How do I register my phone and create an itunes account. I registered but did not receive the confirmation email. Is that because my billing address is outside the U.S.?
Please advise how i can register so I can at least download something onto this otherwise boring phone!
Audrina, 17 Sep 2008My boyfriend has this phone and it's not all that. Not all that in my point of view. The only ... morebut isnt it why you buy the phone? features? 5mp camera? seriously does anyone here use a camera for a photo shoot???
another thing. im out to buy a phone worth what, 200, 300 dollars plus? it must look the part not just be the part right??
lets face it nothing beats it in looks...
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2008HTC phone are the best phone now....! iphone is dead lol...!You're obviously wrong, because the iphone won "Gadget of the Year", not HTC =)
now its on payg maybe more people can afford one & try out its ease of use,luxury & charm
My boyfriend has this phone and it's not all that. Not all that in my point of view. The only thing that is so nice about it is the touchscreen and its features.
Anonymous, 17 Sep 2008'' lol! I havenít seen yet any iphone killer on the market. I went to Giga store of gsm I've s... moreMaybe the iphone is not all that, but it does offer features and qualities that to some people are very important for a phone. And you are right, there are other phones in its category that looks better on paper, like those phones you've mentioned. But you see, the iphone outperforms most of them, if not all. I know that because I've had some of the coolest phones before I switched to the iphone and realized that those extra features are only nice things to have but aren't that essential. A responsive, intuitive, and fluid UI is actually more important. But I also recognize the fact that I have that mentality because I can afford a digital camera that I prefer to use than any camera phone, and that I have a pc at home and a laptop that I prefer to use for my pc projects. A person who does not have the same amenities that I have would probably disagree with the qualities that I find more important in a phone, because obviously they need a phone that offers more features because they lack the better quality standalone devices.
The iphone is not ideal for every body, but if what it offers suits your needs and lifestyle, it's the best phone that there is.
iphone is a "GRAND FATHER" of every touch
based phone.........it is true.
in terms of UI there is no match for the...
"""THE GREAT"" iphone.
iphone UI = Bluetooth,sms,mms,video call,
and 5.0 mp. camera with flash
injoy the good & new features.
****the moment we've all been waiting for has arrived***
iPhone out on PYG in UK!
visit the Carphone Warehouse website. £399 for 16GB and £349 for 8gb!
*expensive but good sh*t*
I-phone wins gadget of the year,,well done chaps,,it will be xperia next year unless apple up the anti
iphone is useless , for the price this phone should cook ,wash my clothes and clean my room.cannot be compare to any phone cause is so weak .
All white 16gb the speaks go away after few times .
And in portugal we have to send him to america to repare.
Just wanna say thats rubbish throw it in a bin.
HTC Touch HD even has HSDPA @ 7.2mbps, thats DOUBLE the speed the iPhone can do, poor Apply fannys their precious iPhone has been surpassed SO EASILY too.
HTC Touch HD: please try not to drool TOO much when reading that spec list:
Allan, 17 Sep 2008Say hello to HTC Touch HD! Catch ya later iphone 3g!WOOHOO! Indeed! HTC Touch-HD with a 3.8inch screen, 800x480 HD display, 5MP camera VGA 30FPS video recording, 288mb RAM, 528MHZ Qualcomm CPU with Graphics Acceleration, Windows Mobile6.1 with TouchFlo3D etc. . . The iPhone has OFFICIALY BEEN DESTROYED, the HTC Touch HD makes the iPhone look like a 5yearold Java phone that cant even handle multitasking LOL!
'' lol! I havenít seen yet any iphone killer on the market. I went to Giga store of gsm I've seen the differences I touch the differences and feel it too. The OS All have small icons and small tab with letters that is to match on the scene, some of them u need toothpick. Aha ha try before you buy. Long live the iPhone! ''
Long live the i-phone PLEASE!!! Come on. The i-phone is not all that, yeah great features, but their are now phone that are much better, The Omnia, HTC Touch range etc, Even The N96. the only reason people like the i-phone is the name and the name only.
And before anyone slates me i WORK FOR O2!!!! And hate all the training and ''buzz'' around it, plus the tarrifs and price of the thing way over board