Asrar Khan, 22 Aug 2008BEWARE OF BUYING iPhone 3G!!!
Friends.....those of you in India planning for iPhone...
THINK... moreIn response to your nonsense
1. No video calling
Not a very popular feature. So who cares? Don't buy the iphone then =)
2. No AD2P on the Bluetooth
Good, this would keep my cheap/lazy friends from asking me to transfers files that I bought/downloaded =)
3. CAN’T share ANY (mp3, images, videos....) files via Bluetooth,
I can share files. I can email it. That means, I don't have to stand right next to them just so I can send them a file =)
4. Can't use as a wireless modem, (you pay ridiculous data charges to activate internet on your
phone, but cannot connect it to your
PC and browse when you are at home)
Have you heard of USB cable? Gosh, some people =)
5. No copy and paste,(cannot copy a part of a.... say.... email & send it....have to type it out yourself)
You are wrong. You can forward an email. If you only want to send a portion of it, just delete the unwanted lines. But why would I want to do that? Unless of course you want to hide something =)
6. No 3.2 or 5 mega pixel camera ,(the 2MP camera it carries is
worst camera i've ever seen..... photos look like they have come out of a VGA camera)
You are wrong again. The iphone takes good pictures. But who cares? I never compromise with pictures by using camera phones. I use my standalone camera anyway.
7. No video recording with camera
Again, who cares? I'd rather use my standalone camera. Unless of course you can't afford to buy a good quality camera, then I guess you do need an all around phone, lol. You won't get great pictures or videos though. Just mediocre ones =)
8. No front camera
Does not make a lot of sense to use this. I know phone that has this feature yet the owners never uses it. What a waste.
9. No flash
No need. I don't use phones to take pictures.
10. No JAVA support
Yet it's still has the best web browser.
11. No physical keyboard (BELIEVE me! this alone is a deal breaker...touch keyboard as
good as it looks...once you use it then only you come to know about the
importance of having a hard keypad)
Look up what FULL touch phone means =) The iphone is a full touchscreen phone, it wouldn't be if it has a hard keyboard =)
12. No 3G network yet in India So why pay for expensive 3G
phone if you can't use its 3G services so,for India , iPhone 2.0 is no better than its first version
Then it's obviously not for India =)
13. No removable battery. (You cannot change
battery. Have to send it to apple outlet.. Come on now!!!!...This is not an
iPod . Its a bloody phone. You cannot live without phone for 2-3 days)
Battery is good for 4 or 5 years. By then, it's time to get a new iphone =)
14. No hap tic feedback.
15. Cannot send MMS
But I can sent email, and will not have to pay extra for MMS fees =)
16. Can't use as external storage device (16 GB of utter waste..next time you go to your
friend's house & find some interesting songs, movies , etc...Sorry you cannot connect
your '16 GB' phone and share it!!!! Apple apparently has a solution.. " BUY
MUSIC & MOVIES FROM iTUNES STORE "..... Give me a break will you APPLE!!!)
16gb is more than enough for most people. Unless of course you do not have a dvd player and a TV set at home to watch movies =)
17. No FM radio
It has mp3 player and Pandora. What more do I need? =)
18. Can't use your mp3 files as ringtones,(This is heights man!!!)
As long as it rings when I get an incoming call, I'd be happy =)
19. Cannot insert any other SIM card….
It has 16gb of internal memory, I don't need more =)
20. Completely tied to iTunes... Connect to
your friend's iTunes & you risk erasing everything on your phone ….
That's a good thing. That means I get my files from a reliable source. Why would I connect my iphone to my friend's itunes when I know that it would wipe out my files? Don't be stupid and ignorant =)
this phone is crap it sucks it does not start and and comes off by itself and i carried it back for repairs but they couldn'n fix it.I should have bought a cheap phone!!!
Bought the Iphone last year in Sept/07 just recently upgraded to the iphone 3G This is the best phone ever well done Apple keep it up :)
Ok i know a lot of people talking here bad for iphone..I hate only iphone, because the data plan is to high 30.00 in USA, and $20.00 unlimited text..But before we was paying 20.00 data and including text..Now apple going smart for them pocket..But if you ask me about iphone 3g, i would say great job, and no one cares about video recording or some stupid mms..That options more using kids, and not adults..Why you want video on your phone ? you will go take video every day ? you will do MMS every day ?? im sure not..I have video camera 8.0mp in my house and whenever i need i take with me..Iphone or iphone 3g, about same, only they add GPS and 3G on last iphone..But i love nore 1st iphones material, i mean this one can be more easy scratches on the back side, and apple must fix some problem which getting allot of iphone 3g users..Problem is, let say we go APP STORE and looking some program, iphone by it self going home screen or freezing some times...Otherwise, great system and phone..
The hype has finally ended. It just came out here in the Philippines and you won't see anyone lining up for this. There were some ocassional glances but most turned away when the saleslady admitted the lack of features, which ironically are already standard in most existing phones, even old ones.
Enlightened customers simply saw no logic in spending a lot just to downgrade to a phone with actually LESS features. In the vernacular, it's "nilalangaw", a reference to flies and how only they seem to be interested in this, along with other forms of rubbish.
what kind`a telephone is it? it doesn`t record video, transfer files via bluetooth and memory card !! it`s not that well thinked...
This phone came out in the Philippines about 2 days ago and I finally had the chance to try it out. I went over the brochure and the phone itself with the saleslady, trying to convince myself to get it. I mean, I was waiting for v.2 when iphone first came out. But... I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.
I have a 2 yr old w800 and even that could take videos. I sometimes take mms for business purposes and my w800 can do that too. I receive text messages often that need forwarding and my w800 can do that too. Iphone can't???!! WTF?! And, oh yeah, the Music Store isn't available for the Philippines yet. Just in case your wondering.
I post here, not because I want to unnecessarily trash Apple, but as an honest feedback. Get your act together, Apple! Your lagging in minor details called "features". Wake up!
what i fine funny is all these iphone hateer spend 24/7 research the iphone what it does't have thinking there are the best when they post the commet "hehe this makes me big"
you must like the phone in the first place to be even on this page am i right> i know i wouldn't look on a phone i dont have/want.
and we know it dosn't have the basic. and we know that when we buy them. iphone now has video recorder and mms / copy and paste etc on the way
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970
this fone is really cool
iphone is really lame
thx 4 the option u presented
Is it true that iphone 3g speaker is too weak? Can it plays mp4 format (entire movie)? Iphone users please answer
The best flaw to date is when you put a password into it it types it out so you can see it... to bad if someone is watching so therefore wats the point in hiding the password?%Pr
redneck, 22 Aug 2008cell phone lovers in the Philippines, how well is the iphone 3G doing there? Im dying to have, have already reserve the 16 gb and so much excited to recived, Bravo apple!
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970hahaha yeh I sweep up iphones we smash on floors ahahaha. Get over ur half good phone and take the flaws or rather wat they missed out, on the butt champ. Anyone would think you were an Apple with how hurt you got and your response loloPr
the latest phones today are n96,i900,i8510,htc touch pro,8800 carbon arte,iphone 3g,samsung serenata,i-mate and the vertu.what will you choose guys?
Oh yeh cheers Bob I left those out of my first post. See you Iphone freaks lolol.
Amazing new technology hahaha.
-No file manager? No copy, delete, past?
-No multitask? Can do one thing at a time?
-Can't forward a text message? Need to email?
-No multi-recipient message? Sent 20 times for 20 people?
-No voice dialing
-No multi-select? Delete 321 times for my contact name list?
-Can't replace the battery?
-Can't do anything with Bluetooth? You called that bloothoth?
-Can't share anything via Bluetooth?
-No ringtone customisation%Pr
Ahahaha guys guys look at all you icrap freaks taking your iphone flaws to heart. I know who needs to grow up, wake up and smell the coffee. Stop being soooo hurt when someone points out the cheapness & money hungry nature of Apple over there shortcuts lol. Its only the truth guys deal with the facts. Haha 2MP umm we are up to 5 MP now. Hows ur bluetooth sharing going too. Have you made that video call yet off your amazing Icrap. WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!Pr
just been to the nokia e71 forum checked a few pages and not 1 quote from iphone user!!!!! Y r nokia fanboys hating in here? I dont get it. U dont like, u dnt buy! Its simple
Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970no bob go away bob we knew this in jan 2008 bob
SuS One, 23 Aug 2008The guys who posted this next section was not researching, I would dare say they are working f... moreI just bought a new Nokia E71 after compare with the triple price iphone.
- Fluid UI? Yeah my E71 has that too. Try it man.
- Intuitive Touchscreen? I don need that. I can live. Not dying
- Very Good mp3 player? My E71 does that too, with loudness and wide setting? You have that?
- VGA screen? you called 480x320 VGA? Study more man. VGA is 640x480!!
- Scratch-proof glass display? My E71 display is unscratched too. Try it!
- Very Good Organizer? With no multi task like my E71 is good organizer?
- User Friendly UI? My E71 is running on new s60. It is too. More I think.
- Lots of SAFE applications? My E71 has too.
- The BEST visibility under sunlight? You use your fone at midnoon midstreet all the time?
- Very fast and easy zooming? My E71 does that too. With number shortcut.
- Screen turns off auto? Why you need that? You wait for it to turn on again to see how long?
- Full touch qwerty keyboard? My E71 does that without touch and comfortable.
-Very annoying little button that you always have to correct when you press… you know that too?
- Easy syncing of files via itunes? My E71 does file manager without pc. See how easy?
- 3.5mm headphone jack? My E71 can too with just little connector.
- Cool design? Someone I know ask me what is that thing when he saw for the first time? And he said, you called that mobile phone? Where are answer and end buttons?
- wifi? My E71 has that too.
- YouTube Application? My E71 play that with real player directly.
- Very Good Weather Application? My E71 has too, world mate.
- Lots of Games? My E71 support lots of s60 games too.
- Dictionary application? My E71 has it onboard too.
- Bible application ? What is that?
- Currency Converter Application ? My E71 has converter too.
- Stock Market Application? You’re a worldclass broker?
-Password protected? My E71 does that too.
- Pandora Radio? It’s not a radio right? My E71 has radio.
- Plus more, more, more faults? You know that too?
- Bluetooth? Can’t not do anything with your Bluetooth, you know that right? I can with my E71.
- The lack of copy and pasting. You know that too? I can with my E71.
Wow, it seems like you missed lots of disadvantages man… Wake up! And grow some balls? Exactly how you like that thing????