can anyone telme does its silver portion and front screen need to be covered.. i have already put casing for the back side..
I wonder if there's a way to fix the screen when it's not flush? Mine suffers from this and been using it for 8 months now but i want to be able to wipe the screen without catching the bezel at the upper right side.
Phoenix, 26 May 2010I saw that some 3GS users are interested in sony ericsson xperia x10, so i desided to inform y... moreoops, sorry for that "○" thing, it was a symbol, but it can't be shown correctly here, good luck :)
I saw that some 3GS users are interested in sony ericsson xperia x10, so i desided to inform you guys about it :)
A quick look at the Xperia X10:
The first thing that caches our eyes, is the nice and sleek design, it's really unique!
○ And the huge shiny scratch resistant screen! TFT capacitive touchscreen at 4 inches with best resolution so far (854×480). shows 65k color, but it'll show 16m color after OS update! (not to mention that even with 65k color the screen looks great)
○ Then the unique and beautiful UI! fast and smooth Media/time scape
○ An excellent 8MP camera that is FULL featured, autofocus, LED flash, touch focus, image stabilization, geo-tagging, face and smile detection (it can recognize up to 5 face to save their picture between previous taken pictures from those people!), with WVGA at 30fps video recording, and after OS update it'll be an HD recorder!!
○ 3.5mm audio jack & micro usb port & 8gb memory card included, officially supports 16GB but 32GB memory have tested on it successfully!
○ 384mb of RAM and the Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon 1 GHz processor!
○ Android 1.6!! but it's still great because of the SE custom UI (for example it can transfer files via bluetooth unlike so many phones with 1.6!) and it'll get android 2.1 or maybe 2.2 plus with UXP upgrade in Q4 2010 (september) and then it'll support flash too!
○ And the build quality is excellent! It really feels great and comfortable in hand!
AND of course no phone is perfect and this phone has some lacks too:
○ No front camera (it seems that it'll be able to make video call with rear camera but it’s not cool anyway)
○ No multi touch(SE is working for an alternative and we know that it has 1 finger zoom feature)
○ No build in radio(on the other hand it has MW600 with radio and brilliant audio quality and you can enjoy listening to music or radio, 10 meters away from your X10)
○ Average loudness for loudspeaker (but the quality is nice)
Well, i love this beauty and i have no doubt about buying it. you?! you buy whatever suits you ;)
If apple made TV's iphone users would have to buy it.They couldnt handle having a sony or pioneer tv or any other brand instead of an apple TV.
Hi Friends, 26 May 2010I have one question that if i buy an unlocked iphone and i used in india can i update the phon... moreDepends where and how you get it unlocked, as there are few different ways of getting it unlocked. An official unlocked iPhone should not lock back to its original network after an OS update. However some companies that Jailbreak the phone use software that only unlocks for that version of the OS. Do your research and when buying always ask the seller that the phone will not get locked back to its original network.
I always recommend an official unlock, which is what I did in the UK by the network operator o2. The phone is not jailbroken and I did an OS update to 3.1.3 and had no problems.
I have one question that if i buy an unlocked iphone and i used in india can i update the phone, if i updated again it will lock or remaining the same unlocked.Please help me soon.
[deleted post]It's nothing about technology. Most iPhone users know there are higher spec phones out there. But just cos they have better specs don't make them the better phone. A BMW 3 series may have better specs than a Ferrari but that don't make it a better car.
they play up all the time, never get recpetion, freezes all the time..they were faulty from the day it came out, and people say " Ohh its just a phone but its a phone i PAY for so i want it to WORK
At the endof the day, hating people, companies etc just because of a phone is so stupid. Its almost laughable at how dumb it really is.
If you want an Iphone get one, if you don't then don't! Happy Days!
This is coming from the owner of an Iphone, and a very happy one at that as well.
Hooker T, 25 May 2010Well said man. Very articulate, straight to the point. I love my iPhone for it's sheer ease of use. Thanks pal. It definately is such a user friendly phone, which is what I love about it. We dont need 100 sub menus, and functions that we aint gonna use that often, to make this phone the best. iPhone users know what they have and are very happy with that aspect.
Its funny how some people get so upset and angry that we have an iPhone. I mean no one forces us to buy any mobile phone, we make our own choices. To have sheet hatred of a mobile phone device or the owner of Apple seems insane and extremely unhealthy to me.
K, 19 May 2010LOL A lot of us stick up for the iPhone as IMO, and for millions of other users im sure, its a... moreWell said man. Very articulate, straight to the point. I love my iPhone for it's sheer ease of use.
Mr Gay said that "HTML5 may be a good solution for building video websites like YouTube but it won't be as rich a media platform as Flash is today.
"H.264 is not an open standard from my perspective."
He explained that the Flash developers wanted to use H.264 when they first added video support to their software, "but the patent licensing fees would have cost around $5m (£3.5m) per year."
He also said that "it would be a waste to orphan the enormous investment that has already been made in Flash content."
He added: "I think that the more open approach of Google with Android will put competitive pressure on Apple to support the full web and we'll see ... support for Flash in Safari on the iPhone sometime in the next few years."
Mr Gay is an iPhone user himself, and thinks "it's a great device", but is ready for a change.
"I would guess that my next phone will be an Android phone because I think the more open Google model will meet my needs and the needs of the carriers providing the phones better."
Much emphasis as an alternative to Flash has been placed by Mr Jobs on the latest web standard, HTML5, which is currently undergoing development.
In an open letter on Apple's website, Jobs said that HTML5 "lets web developers create advanced graphics, typography, animations and transitions without relying on third party browser plug-ins (like Flash).
"HTML5 is completely open and controlled by a standards committee, of which Apple is a member."
Earlier this year, Adobe was busy creating software that would have helped iPhone App creators translate Flash website content for use on the iPhone.
But a recent change by Apple to the iPhone and iPad developer's agreement effectively prevented developers from using the technology.
nick, 25 May 2010i own an htc hd2 if you'd asked me whether i wanted to get the wp7 upgrade on my hd2 when i... moreyou some it up, Closed, thats apples word of the year, exclusive, means your not in, no flash, no open development, and all the blind apple divs still back it up, oh my phones really good, yes it is a good phone, but only cos of a few apps, this is not future ready, you need to open your eyes to what is going to happen, you buy into 2 yr contracts just so you can be like one of them, look I dont have the brains to chose anything better than what everyone else has. and then you get the IPAD oh my god come on, its a big ipod touch, wake up. and thats not got flash, the future is android , and FROYO say what you wont about this post, blah blah chip on shoulders and iphone hater, its not true, i hate people being mugged of with over hyped tat that they have been brain washed into thinking is the dogs nuts when its not