Anonymous, 27 Mar 2010I'm sure that even if the hardware on 4G is ramped up, the software will be just as stupid, ju... moreSo which ONE of those phones sold more than 25 MILLION last year, seeing as how you brought up the subject of pwning.
Money talks bull$%!t walks.
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2010When the 4th generation is released I am certain this will be a big step in hardware and specs... moreI'm sure that even if the hardware on 4G is ramped up, the software will be just as stupid, just look at the software section: http://tiny.cc/iPhone3GS_review
Just look at the androids and symbian phones, both have models with lower specs that easily pwn the iphone.
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2010When the 4th generation is released I am certain this will be a big step in hardware and specs... moreI'm sure that even if the hardware on 4G is ramped up, the software will be just as stupid:
iDon't reflow text.
iDon't offer a real web experience, most sites identify me as a phone or don't even work!
iDon't save web pages for offline viewing, i'm missing apps.
iDon't have audio/video streaming for 90% of the multimedia sites.
iDon't handle any in-browser applications or games.
iDon't have Flash.
iDon't have instant messaging , i'm missing apps.
iDon't have push e-mail, iOnly sync, draining a lot of power.
iDon't process HTML attachments correctly.
iDon't have user privacy, every online action is parsed through safari servers.
iDon't download content for offline playback, except through iTunes.
iDon't have access my own folders by any means.
iDon't even have access to mp3/custom ringtones.
iDon't handle Flash applications.
iDon't have MIDP/JAVA support.
iDon't handle DivX, XviD, FLV native video, i'm missing apps.
iDon't handle ZIP, RAR or SFX, i'm missing apps.
iDon't have a real office suite, i'm missing apps.
iDon't get searching right, neither for files nor in-text, i'm missing apps.
iDon't handle videocall, but you can use this to enable it.
iDon't handle tethering, must pay extra to the carrier.
iDon't send MMS right, iShow wrong sender number.
iDon't A2DP (BT stereo) lags on videos, my power-hungry cpu is useless!
iDon't AVRCP Bluetooth Profile - only some headsets work.
iDon't support any services when pairing with a MacBook.
iDon't have any BT file sharing my BT is almost useless!
iDon't have subfolders for the main menu.
iDon't have parallax (finger/screen offset) adjusting (enhances precision).
iDon't have desktop customization/widgets and shortcuts.
iDon't really have a ďsnappyĒ UI, iHide my slugishness with animations & transitions.
iDon't have a real operating system, I'm firmware-based.
iDon't have multitasking (first multitasking handheld Ė 1993), my power-hungry cpu is useless!
iDon't have any power optimization.
iDon't allow open development.
Idon't have proper platform security.
iDon't have proper application security. Also see this.
iDon't handle handwriting.
iDon't have a built-in TO-DO(app) like any other device - buy one!
iDon't have apps developed for my useless power-hungry HW.
iDon't have freeware, iTunes treats free applications like purchases + FairPlay DRM wrap.
When the 4th generation is released I am certain this will be a big step in hardware and specs that should rival or exceed anything on the market. Rest assured even the 3gs is plenty fast for most people. Actually I have not come across a zippier phone yet. In terms of sheer usability the iphone shines in this department, the iphone is simply the easiest most accessible os to use. Though there is a lot I do love about Android 2.0. Don't listen to all the negative b.s by people who have never used it. There is a reason the world has been swooning over these devices despite having NUMEROUS shortcomings. Don't worry a better screen, camera, processor are on the way. Let's hope Apple make it a better phone as well.
The best phone lol.
Htc hero phone of the year
Global mobile award
Iphone is having a ton of problems
Blank or white screen
Cannot find application
Battery wil not hold it charge
Reboot by itself
browser will not open & the list gose on.
Junk of the year go the iphone.
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2010the most LoL advanced browser that, oops, doesn't even have flash lite :))
how about no the... moreShow me where Apple claims these things.
I've been tethering via USB and Bluetooth since June last year.
Where does Apple claim that you can set it up as a wifi hotspot?
My web experience IS better without stupid Flash ADS which is why I block them on my computers.
Flash lite is not full web either.
Maybe you should see a doctor about your delusions.
Its now availble in India.
When considering touch screen phone, i-phone comes first in mind and stays till end too when you buy somethin else....
Why Apple? Being best at touch and apps you fail to figure out some necessary flaws like camera, being top priority in a phone now days.
Still in a sense you are the winner!
i will be mad when apple will tell any news about new iphone,,,plz apple any news
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2010What does it claim to have, that you feel is missing?the most LoL advanced browser that, oops, doesn't even have flash lite :))
how about no thethering via usb and certainly NO TETHERING via wifi (aka iphone as a wifi spot)
So much for yet another "most advanced computer" from apple :)))
Well us potential buyers of an iphone would not complain if the iphone actually has "everything" it claims to have!!
jock, 26 Mar 2010My top five Probs
1. Decent battery life. I was (mistakenly, clearly) under the impression ... moreYou don't deserve the iphone. There are other phones out there that has those features that you want. Why don't you get those instead. It's quite stupid to buy the iphone when it doesn't have the features you need and then complain. Would you go to a Chinese restaurant when you do not like Chinese food? Would you eat meat when you're a vegetarian? Be smart, not dumb.
I love my iphone. I know what it does and doesn't do. And the things that it doesn't do, I don't really care about, so it is the best device for me and my needs.
My top five Probs
1. Decent battery life. I was (mistakenly, clearly) under the impression that the iPhone 3G S had a better battery life than its predecessors. Not in my experience. Iím averaging one charge a day if Iím lucky - and I barely use it as a mobile phone. If itís supposed to be used for music/phone/internet/email, why doesnít the battery reflect it? And while Iím aware that itís (partly, at least) due to push settings on the applications, surely someone somewhere in Apple should have picked up on this fact before it was released.
2. The ability for apps to run in the background. Getting logged out of instant messaging because you want to check your email is a bit of a pain. Likewise that I canít run Boombox or other music apps in the background while I work online.
3. An FM radio. Which would handily eliminate the need for the third party radio apps that currently donít run in the background.
4. The ability use it as universal mass storage. That way you donít need to use iTunes for everything and you could possibly use it to edit documents on move without having to download yet another app.It might handily solve that annoying tendencey it has of prompting me to erase my phoneís music library any time I dare plug it into my laptop to transfer music instead of my desktop, which just happened to be the first PC I installed iTunes on.
5. A better camera. Yes, itís a phone. No, a camera is not a necessity. But fact is, people use them. So instead of relying on third-party apps (yet again) to zoom or perform even the most basic editing features, perhaps Apple should have put a little more work into the camera functions.
so when is the new iphone 4g out ? this summer? hope it comes with a camera flash and camera on the front for video calls.......I been doing video called for years with nokia phones its not as iff its new technology!
K, 26 Mar 2010Your right, the iPhone battery isnt the best and every phone needs an update now and then. But... moreI admit the iphone internet experience is better.For me i like having a good camera in a phone and i love the hardware qwerty.Some of the things the N97 offers me.To each his own.
d, 26 Mar 2010also its got no stereo Bluetooth output, or fm transmiter, and you cant watch bbc, itv, and ch... moreAnother person who clearly has never owned an iPhone but is making judgement, probably on that ridiculas "iDont" list...
Pal check out www.tvcatchup.com. Then come back to me say you cant watch tv on an iPhone! And I can bet you that this free live streaming knocks the socks of any free live streaming you MIGHT be able get on your Symbian phone. And TVU player....I was watching live football on the phone this week, games that are broadcasted from another country!
And 64% Apps bookmarks? WTF????????
also its got no stereo Bluetooth output, or fm transmiter, and you cant watch bbc, itv, and channel 4, and now even sky on demand, and it dosnt view youtube as desk top version, that means you cant get all the tv shows, and films, also 64% of apps are links to web pages, ( that can only be seen in mobile version cos it got no FLASH ) lol , also symbian now has second largest share of free app software on market, free sat nav ( voice ) compass ( on HD ) iphone is not just the best cos people with one say so, i sold a 3gs because it was over hyped, Simples