i think iphone is the best when it comes to sound quality and web browsing.i do not use my phone for taking pics since i have a 14 megapix high end camera w/true HD video anyway (taking pics with your phone these days looks really old school to me with most of them trying to beat the real cameras,c'mon!).when i am driving the very sensitive touchscreen and bluetooth really helps.the apps store is where apple really leave the competition behind.no doubt ill get the new 32gb 3gs.
Ottomans, 09 Jun 2009Stay stand-by, stay disappointed
There is no radio?
There is no secondary camera... moreim not disappointed.. only nokia fans feels its disappointing!LOLhaha because they are envy because all they have is an antique slower cpu and slower 3G with n97 to wait.haha im waiting for the OS 3.0 update in june 17!! great update for iphone 3g! the os 3.0 is even enough to make iphone users happy, because it offers alot already. you guys are just exaggerated and over acting.LOL
i think if the os 3.o update is not introduced before and debuted with the iphone 3GS, you will not say you are disappointed!LOL haha
Stay stand-by, stay disappointed
There is no radio?
There is no secondary camera?
There is no buttery replacement?
There is no file management?
Realy good but it's not "complete" phone!
just ask about if i downloud songs on new iphone?it can be aring call ???? ???? plz somebody help
Thats true a work in a mobile store in switzerland and i must say i do to thank you gsmarena :-)
i wasnt expecting a higher res, and i wont next yr either, and maybe the yr after that. the apps in the app store wud either not fit the whole screen or be stretched and pixelated - which i dont think apple wud wna do.
but with competition like palm pre, zune hd, new blackberry phone expected, apple will add something small, insert words like revolutionary, brand new, ahead of the competition by 5 yrs... and apple fanboys will w8 in lines to buy a phone. and then they brag about it as well. the line for iphone was sooo long. do they realize how stupid they sound??? w8in in those sorts of lines and 4 wat? a phone which is actaully behind the competition.
I'll stay w/ my current iPhone 3g.... i don't think the enhancements are worth it to upgrade my handset ... maybe when the next one comes out next year =P
Ross, 09 Jun 2009Does This New Iphone Have a Radio?? If Not, Can A Radio Be Accessed In Any Way??there is no fm radio = very poor apple!!
FIRST I am currently on a N82 looking to upgrade (omnia, Idou, Iphone, N97 and others). This is a list of advantages and disadvantages (personal opinion) for people who want a balanced view not that of a apple fanboy or troll.
Where the iphone 3G is BEHIND.
- CAMERA, 3MP is poor when compared with 8 & 12 although the difference is probably less than you think... lens & sensor quality is more important than MP.
- KEYBOARD, no physical keyboard is poor compared to N97 and xperia and most nokias.
- MULTI TASKING is limited to a few key apps, has been improved with push
- RADIO every phone bar apple has FM... very poor, no FM transmitter but their sound quality is questionable
Where the iphone 3G is ON PAR.
- SPEED, the 600 mhz processor (approx) is on par with most high end devices (better than N97). Apple tends to perform better than the mhz.
- GPS, Bluetooth, MMS, cut paste etc have all been pathetic in the past but they have been brought up to speed with other phones with 3.0.
- MEMORY & RAM 32gb is more than standard but there is no option to expand with micdro SD
- SCREEN size is on par with other high end devices, sunlight legibility is the best aorind, OLED is coming in on a lot of devices so indoor saturation is not as good but OLED is very weak in sunlight.
- GPS RECEPTION is on par, the lack of a proper app will be fixed with TOMTOM which has been the best software for years and will go great on the iphone
- VIDEO is 30 fps which is standard, the new software looks good
- BATTERY 3G does chew the battery but the new improvements will probably have the iphone equal to most
- SIZE and weight are similar to other phones, slightly wider but a bit thinner than most.
- WLAN same as others
- OTHER, Tethering, SMS, tones, phonebook, Bluetooth, USB, etc are on par.
- 7.2 MBPS 3G is better than most although it is the new standard.
- BUILD Quality is on par with others, probably better than sliders or keyboards because of fewer moving parts. There has been case cracking but this seems to be fixed.
Where the iphone is AHEAD
- TOUCH SCREEN sensitivity is second to none
- WEB BROWSER is still the best around but there is no FLASH support :-)
- OPERATING SYSTEM is more stable and easier than almost all other OS, there are several areas that could be improved though.
- MUSIC PLAYER is the best by a mile
- APP STORE is where the iphone leaves everyone for dead
As you can see there are several specs which are behind (and appear to be for future marketing purposes). Most specs are on par with other high end devices while a lot of the big ones are ahead.
If the camera is the be all and end all look at the idou or n86, if you want a good phone for genral use, web browing, music with the best and cheapest apps this is right up there. Hope it helps.
PS If you have never used this phone please try before you bag it. Sorry got a bit long winded :-)
i just wanna know? the songs that i downlouded can be ring town ,,,,,,,??? some one tell me plz
Does This New Iphone Have a Radio?? If Not, Can A Radio Be Accessed In Any Way??
Anonymous, 09 Jun 2009oops, apple guyz started making mobiles for elders :)Making a phone for elders is not bad ... you will grow old too