FIRST I am currently on a N82 looking to upgrade (omnia, Idou, Iphone, N97 and others). This is a list of advantages and disadvantages (personal opinion) for people who want a balanced view not that of a apple fanboy or troll.
Where the iphone 3G is BEHIND.
- CAMERA, 3MP is poor when compared with 8 & 12 although the difference is probably less than you think... lens & sensor quality is more important than MP.
- KEYBOARD, no physical keyboard is poor compared to N97 and xperia and most nokias.
- MULTI TASKING is limited to a few key apps, has been improved with push
- RADIO every phone bar apple has FM... very poor, no FM transmitter but their sound quality is questionable
Where the iphone 3G is ON PAR.
- SPEED, the 600 mhz processor (approx) is on par with most high end devices (better than N97). Apple tends to perform better than the mhz.
- GPS, Bluetooth, MMS, cut paste etc have all been pathetic in the past but they have been brought up to speed with other phones with 3.0.
- MEMORY & RAM 32gb is more than standard but there is no option to expand with micdro SD
- SCREEN size is on par with other high end devices, sunlight legibility is the best aorind, OLED is coming in on a lot of devices so indoor saturation is not as good but OLED is very weak in sunlight.
- GPS RECEPTION is on par, the lack of a proper app will be fixed with TOMTOM which has been the best software for years and will go great on the iphone
- VIDEO is 30 fps which is standard, the new software looks good
- BATTERY 3G does chew the battery but the new improvements will probably have the iphone equal to most
- SIZE and weight are similar to other phones, slightly wider but a bit thinner than most.
- WLAN same as others
- OTHER, Tethering, SMS, tones, phonebook, Bluetooth, USB, etc are on par.
- 7.2 MBPS 3G is better than most although it is the new standard.
- BUILD Quality is on par with others, probably better than sliders or keyboards because of fewer moving parts. There has been case cracking but this seems to be fixed.
Where the iphone is AHEAD
- TOUCH SCREEN sensitivity is second to none
- WEB BROWSER is still the best around but there is no FLASH support :-)
- OPERATING SYSTEM is more stable and easier than almost all other OS, there are several areas that could be improved though.
- MUSIC PLAYER is the best by a mile
- APP STORE is where the iphone leaves everyone for dead
As you can see there are several specs which are behind (and appear to be for future marketing purposes). Most specs are on par with other high end devices while a lot of the big ones are ahead.
If the camera is the be all and end all look at the idou or n86, if you want a good phone for genral use, web browing, music with the best and cheapest apps this is right up there. Hope it helps.
PS If you have never used this phone please try before you bag it. Sorry got a bit long winded :-)
i just wanna know? the songs that i downlouded can be ring town ,,,,,,,??? some one tell me plz
Does This New Iphone Have a Radio?? If Not, Can A Radio Be Accessed In Any Way??
Anonymous, 09 Jun 2009oops, apple guyz started making mobiles for elders :)Making a phone for elders is not bad ... you will grow old too
Nokia should definetly take the chance now, since it's pretty obvious that Apple will dropp in sales big time.
i'm ok with no secondary camera, but the 3.15 mp with no flash for its main camera is just so sad. Mr. Jobbs, get your phone and call kodak to improve your camera.
Anonymous, 09 Jun 2009
What prevents Apple I-Phone from going from good to great is
1) No dual SIM
2) No Slider... moreanyway good work apple
do you know that XENON flash is not needed in mobile phones? XENON is required if the camera quality is bad or average. its like to cover people that if has XENON, the camera is good. other brands like to put LED flash because they confident that their camera that works well in any condition. the reason people like bout XENON is when capture on rotating fan, it will stop, right? or maybe it has a big and long flash. but the important thing is autofocus, sensor, wide angle, iso, lens that is used, and many more.
apple products and specially iphones are over hyped and over priced. this device is very simple to use and is only meant for idiots-thats why its called iphone. u cant use bluetooth to share files, u cant use it as usb device , still no video calling , 3 mp is ancient when others are rolling out 12 mp phones, it will never work as a full fledges pda, its a toy for playing games and listening music. if u need serious stuff look some where else. apple's application store offers 35000 applications but please remove last 3 zeros and u will be left with only 35 useful applications. all normal phones have those functions inbuilt which are sold for iphone as applications . wake up people- apple's steve job does one job nicely -- ripping off ur hard earned money ...
hi this is noy a good phn.i didnt like it.only JDA phone is the best.JEEYAY JDA BABA