For someone who wants to buy this phone, you can buy this phone for:
1. Camera - The camera is one of the best. Daylight pictures comes super excellent, lowlight comes above average. Wait? Did I just said above average? Because I do have S7 and this one, I've made side-by-side comparison, S7 creates more sharper and less noise than this one. But don't let my opinion fool you, you will considered very good and excellent if you only have this single phone. I think the lowlight camera was pretty good enough. Just don't make comparison.
2. Display - This one is rather subjective. S7 has far better display than this one but again, don't let my opinion fool you, the display was good enough. Also visible under sunlight, has vivid colours.
3. Battery - Okay, this one could completely knock out S7. Pretty solid battery, 1.5 days battery life for moderate usage. S7 only lasts a day, struggling to start on second day.
4. Performance - No question, you know Samsung UI, very big different compared to iOS optimization.
But don't buy for this purpose (I'm not hardly prevent but not recommended):
1. Storage - To make this clear, I do claimed storage is disadvantage is because it doesn't have microSD card slot. If you have 64GB storage, you need to stick with that 64GB for entire usage. Less worries if you have expandable storage options. I do realized that expandable storage is very useful, especially for taking photos and recording video. 4K video that I recorded for 2 minutes ate 2GB of my storage!
2. Ecosystem - For long-iPhone user, this one is not problem for you. But for Android users wants to try iOS, advisely don't do that. You can't change theme, but the biggest factor and being a deal breaker is your iPhone can't connect to a computer for data transfer.
3. Durability and repair costs - You already know the iPhone price tags. iPhone repair's costs is the most expensive. Be careful at all time! Since it does have glass back, I put my iP8+ in my fit pants and some cracked on the back panel and slightly bended. It didn't happened on my S7, so I guess S7 has tougher material.
iPhone 8 Plus is second none. Prior to 8plus , I was using Samsung galaxy s7 edge and s8. To me, there isnÂ’t any compatibility b/w them. iPhone 8 Plus is far better and way head in many ways. Camera one the finest ever , battery life superb , processor speedier than all in the market. It is worth a price. No regrets at all.
Anonymous, 26 Mar 2018lol at the 2010 screen resthe resolution doesn't matter. it blows most oleds away with color accuracy and truetone. if you watch videos on this screen they look amazing
Iphone 8 Plus is very good mobile phone. A11 chipset is the best mobile processor in the world. 12 mp dual camera setup is the main highlight of this mobile. Totally satified.
Niyaz, 007., 14 Mar 2018Iphone 8 plus is still better than Note 8 camera. I am Note 8 user. Not really. I have iP8+ and S7, S7 has better camera than this one compared the main camera. This phone camera might have better stabiliser and natural colours but S7 have more sharper and less noise than this one.
Does anyone know when the 11.3 (or 11.2..7) update will take place?
Vastly improved reality camara👌
Superb retania rtue tone display
Ilove my A11 processr speed
Best my iPhone 8plus
Anonymous, 18 Mar 201864 8plusI got a used (1 month old) 8+ 256Gb for the price of new 8+ 64Gb. Believe me with 4k 60fps video recording option and the 1080p slow motion option memory will get full sooner than you think or ya go for 7+ 128Gb. Don't go for 32/64Gb variants if you are going to keep the phone for 3+ years or if you are not into photo/video shooting through mobile then only 32/64 variants are fine.
As for my mobile it just flies through day to day tasks. Just amazing and the cameras are wonderful. Coming from sammy S8, this is just an amazing experience. S8 was good but this is another beast.
Essam, 04 Mar 2018Planning to get a new iPhone. Confused between 7plus and 8plus. I am getting a 128gb 7plus for... moreI phone 8 plus have new processor 70 percent more powerful compare to previous i phone 7 plus don't bother about internal storage 64GB enough for normal use. Use google photos have unlimited strorage.
That is a good video also I believe the iPhone 8 plus is better than the iPhone 8 there basically the same it's just the iPhone 8 plus is better because it's bigger
Iphone 8 plus is still better than Note 8 camera. I am Note 8 user.
chap1, 06 Mar 2018when u say that some of iphones(like u said-8plus)will last longer,how long do u mean,how long... moreOf course.
My brother has an iPhone 6 and still runs great (of course, OS updates have slowed it down a LITTLE bit like 0.5 sec when launching system apps only), no stutter in games or when watching videos
Battery life is of course not awesome, it's 3.5 years old but $29 are nothing so he'll get it replaced soon. I'm gonna buy the 8 Plus soon, now I have an old Huawei P8 lol
Anonymous, 25 Feb 2018I am confused who's the best I phone 8 + or I Phone 7 + Pls sugges...8 Plus of-course, I did a mistake when I brought the 7 Plus specially the battery quality goes down fast