Don't buy nexus 7 2013 it has many complains also my experience with nexus 7 2013 is not that great like I expected I would say go for Samsung instead if nexus 7 2013 I was nexus fan before i bought this tablet but this product is great due to specification but got lots of problems.
I've been reading every reviews on which is the best un-expensive Tablet and everyone kept telling that it is Nexus 7 2013 yet a there is a lot of complains with many factory defects of the unit...
Can Someone tell me which tablet can I buy as a substitute for Nexus 7 (except Galaxy tab 3 and Kindle)with the following preferences: At least android 4.2,1GB RAM,at least 3G, Accurate GPS (really need it, which I read that is awful in nexus 7 2013,expandable memory, and at price $300 or less (preferably less)
is the default video player can play .mkv video format?because I try to play .mkv video format and it's lag so bad,must use other app like mx player to play .mkv video format smoothly..is it normal?
Hello. Do instagram and skype videocall can work on this one ? Thank you.
d686968, 23 Feb 2014hey got my nexus 7 2 here. seems like im having a problem on my batt, it drains fast. i can on... moreHi,
Yes from what i read, the maximum on screen time is around 7-8 hours. So if your gaming and your getting 5-6 hours its really good.
From the 16GB Model, how much memory are you actually left with after the system files and os uses? Like without installing anything straight out the box?
medo, 27 Feb 2014do this tablet have phone calls option??can use this set as cell phone for calling?
zoidian1883, 05 Mar 2014Does this tablet's OTG supports USB HDD (hardisk drives)????yes, it does support OTG (ON THE GO)cable! :D
Keidis, 04 Mar 2014I won mine in the Kit Kat competition in South Africa, how does the warranty work if something... moreYou have a one year warranty which allows servicng of the unit based on your s/n
I won mine in the Kit Kat competition in South Africa, how does the warranty work if something goes wrong?
heymarkjohn, 02 Mar 2014Does this tablet support USB on the go? Please answer meYes it supports USB OTG. But if you wish to connect flash drives, have nexus media importer installed first
How to extend your Nexus 7 (2013)'s battery life:
1. Do not use any power saving apps as most of the time, they don't really work. This also includes task killers. When I uninstalled Battery Doctor, the battery life got better, same thing with Task Killers. If you're going to install a Task Killer, make sure you do not let it run in the background, do not schedule a task, etc, and do not auto-kill apps in the background as most of the apps it kills, will just start again and again, draining your battery. Just kill the tasks or open apps manually, if possible. I do this especially when I'm playing games so there's no a lot of apps running in the background giving me more RAM.
2. As much as possible, avoid automatic brightness. I think it really is draining my battery a lot. When I adjust it manually, I get more juice for my battery. I just make it brighter manually when I'm outdoor.
3. Do not put a lot of widgets on the homescreens. Only use widgets that you really need. In my case, I only use a 3rd party calendar widget, Play Book widget for easy access to my e-books, Any.do widget and Google Keep. The rest are app shortcuts which doesn't really run in the background.
4. Do not use live wallpapers. Well, I only use the one preinstalled in the tablet but most of the time, I just use static wallpapers. A darker one would also help save battery life. Most 3rd party live wallpapers drain the battery fast!
5. Always check the Battery under Settings to find out which app/s really drain/s the battery. Before, the Google Play Services was the culprit so I've disabled some of its services and it worked.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Nexus 7 (2013) but there are times, I'm having issue with the keyboard which acts up once in a while so I can't type properly. Sometimes, when you type P, the letter R will come up, though these 2 letters are far apart from each other.