Alok Ranjan, 27 Nov 2008To start with I can say it's a cheap and stylish PDA with Windows 6.1. Looks are attractive an... more@Alok
Wanted to comment on couple of the points that you have raised,
1. Windows media player sucks
2. Sync is not smooth
3. On hard reset data is lost
These three points are are common to Windows Mobile, not specific to the phone :)
4. Battery nor great, yes it isn't the best possible one around but as always its dependent on your usage. Full brightness + Wifi will suck the juice out of this phone / any others, have written on how to improve this on my blog.
Buji, 21 Nov 2008Hi Vikram/ Anybody,
I got p320 and i am unable to forward text messages . also can't send t... moreHey, as written by another member you must have figured out how to forward an sms, thought I'd add some clarity to the reason why it works in such a way. You see in the default text message inbox, all message are arranged in a conversation format, hence you need to select the conversation, then select the specific message within the conversation , now you will get the option to forward it :)
Do visit the following site for further details on the actual usage
Hammy, 20 Nov 2008hi folks,
ive been using the ASUS since a month now, its a no problem phone basically. Well... moreHi, haven't visited this page for sometime, I understand your problem, your more familiar with the numeric keypad compared to the keyboard provided.
This is a solution called Phonepad that does this, I have written about it earler, suggest you visit my blog to get details on where this is available and how it looks like etc
very good phone
Ofcourse you have to use 3rd party programs for music and video playback. The Microsoft Windows Media Player is bullshit.
Always convert your videos to 320x240, otherwise the playback will be too slow. For the conversion you could use KawaiiRiver: http://www.acc.umu.se/~individ/kawaiiriver/ .
For video you could use the recompiled TCPMP:
For audio I use GSPlayer; I know there is a better player out there but I don't know it's name.
and how is the video playback?? should we use any 3rd party software for video??
what video formats does this phone support?? (avi,mp4,divx????)
amila, 29 Nov 2008This phone is my life it's really amazing.Lookwise this is nice once. but the performance is very poor and top of that windows mobile will trouble u lot. there is no way to switch between GPRS and WiFi. for example you can't stop GPRS while using Wifi.. u rellay don't know whether u r connected to GPRS or Wifi. And no option to store your emails in your storage card (this is a issue with all windows mobile)
This phone is my life it's really amazing.
Asus p320 is amazing and not like i phone.It's configuration superior and very fast i think asus products are the best.
Alok Ranjan, 27 Nov 2008To start with I can say it's a cheap and stylish PDA with Windows 6.1. Looks are attractive an... moreI bought Asus p320 2 weeks before.Good review. i am totally agree with your comments. One more things also .. all outlook mails stores only in phone memory. there is no way to store it in ur storage card. so becarefull. I am not happy with its camera. it takes nearly 1 to 2 mins to open camera.
i bought the p320 phone last week.its raaly a good phone i just wanted 2 know whether the phone supports 8gb memory card & does it work smoothly with it.do tell abt dis its urgent.bye
I'd got this Phone just two weeks ago.
1. There sre times that you can't make and received calls. My remedy, retart the phone and its ok again.
2. Text messaging ringtone will not stop automatically as soon as you press any button or opening the message, it keeps on ringing. My remedy, edit all my ringtones in short period tones
3. very hard to use when making sms, keyboard feature is too small even ajusted to large settings.
4. Windows Media has no sound enhance features (bass, ex-bass, ans surround sounds)
5. Themes features is not auto adjust to phone screen. My remedy, resize the picture before applying it as themes.
6. I cant choose my favorite tone for my wake up alarm
7. So far for my two weeks of use, only once this phone hangs up. My remedy, restart the phone. he.he.he
8. Battery life, I recharge my phone every two days (48 hours)
Good Luck to those who plans to buy this phone. . .
it has good looks,ausumn features n economical tooo.
To start with I can say it's a cheap and stylish PDA with Windows 6.1. Looks are attractive and features are rich.
I am though not sure about the quality of product. My PDA had a problem of getting hanged which ASUS tried to rectify by software upload. Then the touch screen concked off. Again it is with ASUS for the repairs. Last three months I have used this PDA I have faced various problems as under:
1) Hangs frequently.
2) On reset the stored data is lost.
3) Touch screen is not sturdy
The cons first:
1) Difficault to use camera.
2) Handsfree sound quality extremly feeble
3) WIndows media player not very good
4) Sync is always not smooth.
5) Sluggish batter talk time,
and to TOP IT ALL
After sales service "POOR" hope ASUS is taking note
The pros however are under:
1) Stylish looks
2) Good net speed through EDGE / GPRS.
Its my first hand experience about the PDA. My advice to future buyers 'BEWARE".
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
i bought this mobile one month back and works good. Thanks for all of your feedback on this device.
If i install Java application, it is installing in Main device memory and that reaches full. I am not able to install any further applications.
Please help me if any of you know how to install (Java) applications in storage card and how to use device memory effectively.
Anybody tell me the real fact abt asus p320. hw it is great than htc touch. i am so much confused with this two phones. plz help me to buy one.
I am not frequently use mobile. i make low calls n hear lot of music. just fall in love with GPS and Wi-fi in mobile.
Hello to veryone,
Can somebody please tell me if there is a locking software that I can install on my Asus P320 that will keep the touch screen locked during a call? Thank you!
hey guys today i also ordered one p320 from ebay.in
and i got it for RS.8899.20 only and also i ordered one 8GB sandisk micro sdhc card for RS.1215.00 only
so,is my shopping a good one,isn't it great guys.
I am not sure ASUS P320 has 64 MB SDRAM. It shows 47.5B in the system memory and windows about window. And also there are some memory leaks in the phone firmware, because if the memory usage is not coming down, if you close all your application.