Prashant, 31 Aug 2008You can actually go up to 8GB without any issues. Some Kingston 8GB cards go have an issue, bu... morePrashant, did you noticed that Asus released Windows Mobile 6.1 for Hong King region? I got to see this on Asus VIP website today.
Maybe Asus will release Windows Mobile 6.1 for India Region as well...
Any thoughts or comments ?
Bharat, 31 Aug 2008Do u have ne ASUS service centre in Mumbai....If yes, den ver is it n hw's d service?.....
... moreHey Bharat, What's with the shortcuts in your messages - this is not IM or SMS - there's no size limit on typing in here, so type out the full words without any worries!
As for your query, of course there is a service center in Mumbai - check out the first place where you would expect this information to be in - the ASUS India website: http://in.asus.com/aboutasus.aspx?show=3
Anonymous, 31 Aug 2008I am using 4 GB card without any issues.You can actually go up to 8GB without any issues. Some Kingston 8GB cards go have an issue, but there is a patch on the ASUS site to fix this issue.
Ketan, 31 Aug 2008I have noticed that if i click "x" button to close the applications completely, it is just get... moreKetan, This is actually the default behaviour of Windows Mobile. Some phones include their own Task Managers, and the HTC one is actually pretty good. ASUS also includes Auto Cleaner for this purpose, but it doesn't work too well (at least for my needs). So, I use a 3rd party lightweight one called pBar - the latest version 1.5 is actually very functional and does a lot more - check it out at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=284952
Anonymous, 31 Aug 2008I figured out that applications can be fully closed by using "Auto Clean" otpion in System Settings.Thanks.
Did anyone observed that ASUS released Windows Mobile 6.1 for Hong Kong versions only? Check VIP website.
I believe soon they are going to release for India region as well...
Ketan, 31 Aug 2008I have noticed that if i click "x" button to close the applications completely, it is just get... moreI figured out that applications can be fully closed by using "Auto Clean" otpion in System Settings.
P527 supports microsd card, rite?....so wats d max. capacity it supports?....coz d retailer in mumbai told me dat it supports upto 4Gb..is it true?...coz I didn't c nething of dat sort posted newhere on d net
Do u have ne ASUS service centre in Mumbai....If yes, den ver is it n hw's d service?.....
Reply is eagerly awaited
Recently I noticed that ASUS released Windows Mobile 6.1 for P527, only for Hong King (Traditional & Simple Chinese).
I believe soon they will release for India region as well...
Any comments ???
I have noticed that if i click "x" button to close the applications completely, it is just getting minimised and not closed.
Only way to close applications completely is to go into memory section and stop all running applications. this is not a good way to free up memory.
can anyone let me know how to close applications completely by just clicking "x" button? or is there any setting or third party software which can help in this regard?
dex, 29 Aug 2008did anyone use any voip software (e.g. skype) on this phone? how was the experience?I use Skype and Fring regularly over WiFi, and the results are pretty good most of the times.
did anyone use any voip software (e.g. skype) on this phone? how was the experience?
Thanks for your reply. Basically, the Airtel guys here did not know how to configure the handset for GPRS. Quite strange considering this is a IT City. Thankfully I got a contact of a technical person from ASUS. Your advice helped me connect to the wi-fi.
Thanks again. You rock.
Anonymous, 28 Aug 2008Hey Prashant,
I am based out of Bangalore so the same software will will be applicable for m... moreHi Neil,
1. If you are using the SatGuide software which comes packaged with the P527, then you do not need to (in fact, you can not even) update your included maps. You only need to update the Satellite data every 3 days, which can be done through a WiFi connection. But if you're using Google Maps, it does cache only a few maps, and you will basically need a GPRS connection for the most part, to download the maps on the fly.
2. As I mentioned before, if you don't downsize your videos yourself before moving them over to your device, the the device will have to do this work as you play them. Since the processor on these 2 devices is not the fastest one, it will make your videos lag and your audio slip. Just do the groundwork before copying your videos, and then enjoy them anywhere you go!
Prashant, 28 Aug 2008Hi Neil, 1. The GPS software that ASUS distributes will depend on your location. In India, ... moreWhat I meant is could you clarify whether the p527 has the same performance issues while playing movies ?
Prashant, 28 Aug 2008Hi Neil,
1. The GPS software that ASUS distributes will depend on your location. In India, ... moreHey Prashant,
I am based out of Bangalore so the same software will will be applicable for me .
1. I have a WiFi connection at home, I updated my friends newly purchased P320s GPS through that. But can I update my maps by connecting my phone to my laptop over the internet ? I am not too keen on enabling GPRS on my phone.
2. I trasferred a couple of videos to the above mentioned P320. The video wasnt playing smoothly and there was a slight lag in the sound. Does this happen in the 527 ? Admittedly the video was not downsized. If I do pick up the phone I will be watching videos and movies on it. And as far as I know the hardware for both the p320 and p527 is the same. Can you clarify ?
Neil, 27 Aug 2008Hey Prashant,
Thanks for clarifying my earlier doubt on the file size of the resized divX mo... moreHi Neil,
1. The GPS software that ASUS distributes will depend on your location. In India, they bundle SatGuide which is based on the Destinator software. It comes on a 1GB card, but only takes about 50MB of space. I was able to transfer it onto my 4GB card, and it works fine, coexisting with the rest of my data files like movies and music.
2. Haven't seen any major performance issues, except when I am running many heavier applications simultaneously.
3. This may again depend on your map provider. As for SatGuide, the current maps will forever work for free, but if we wish to get an updated version, then we need to pay for that.
4. Google Maps should work well for most areas. They have great maps for India, but doesn't do too well when it comes to directions. You will however, need a GPRS connection since Google Maps will download the map data on the fly. As for the 3-day update, it is not the maps, but the satellie data, that needs to be updated regularly for the GPS to function flawlessly. I don't update the data that often, and the navigation software still works fine.
Anonymous, 27 Aug 2008i don't know what the reson is but i've tried this,nnow that i'm able to connect to the networ... moreYou should contact your College's IT department for this issue - my guess is that the Proxy Server is not recognizing your device, and you may have to install some certificates on it to fix the problem.