Obvious, 08 Feb 2013it cant as Adobe have stopped supporting Android after ICS. If you search the we there are way... moreFlash player doesn't load on ics version which I am currently using..so I believe this is not adobe problem but Asus problem..
I have been looking for a new Phone and tablet for a while now, i was thinking of the Note II and Note 10.1 but they dont come with enough internal memory, then i found this. It terms of concept it is awesome it dose everything i want in a phone and tablet. Only downside is the lack of SD card slot and no keyboard.
The Padfone 3 is coming out late 2013 and if the specs are right i will get it like a shot. i think the Padfone 2 was let down a bit by not having the features i previously mentioned. Give this thing a Sd card slot, a keyboard dock and a stylus and you would have the best "Smart" device to date!
Does anyone have a problem of the phone staus became emergency call only after connecting to wifi and unable to use the phone even after power on/off the phone.
yyy, 10 Feb 2013is there 2 modales of padfone 2 ? some reviwes say it 3g network: 900/2100 and some say: 850/9... morei bought this padfone 2 recently and it works perfectly.
i live in trinidad, west indies. no regrets to date. had phone for a few months now. camera is exceptional, battery life lasts 3 days if just making calls and using internet. when playing games moderately the phone lasts 2 days.
is there 2 modales of padfone 2 ? some reviwes say it 3g network: 900/2100 and some say: 850/900/1700/1900/2100
i want to buy one and i need to know if it"ll work on my country (at the asus padfone 2 web page the 3g network say only 900/2100)
thank you for your help
-1 point is missed is that the phone gets heated up quickly when inserted in the station. This is my first smart phone and I am not sure how soon other high end smart phones get heated but this phone gets heated up quickly inside the station than using the phone alone.
- Battery: It is very good on paper and so far I dont have any issues with it. Even though I cant say how long it will last for so and so operation, the battery should last a day with moderate usage. Internet browsing and games will consume more battery as with any phone. The tablet has a 5000 mah Battery so u can charge ur phone with the tablet whenever needed.
- Another disadvantage is that this phone does not use a micro USB port. It has a unique port and so its availability may be scarce.
- ASUS provides only 1 cable and so u cant charge both the phone and the station at the same time
I got the Padfone 2 64 GB version with the station from Hong Kong and I have been using it for the past 2 weeks now. I will split my review into 3 portions
- I have a white one and the looks are stunning ( though it is prone to catch dirt soon)
- Jelly Bean out of the box (4.1.1)
-The 13 MP camera is excellent in day light and it has lot of shooting modes and many options to play with
-With 2 GB RAM, the touch and interface is pretty smooth
- The phone itself feels very light on the hands and the tablet combo is also pretty light
- The on screen keyboard comes with numbers on top of the alphabets which is very helpful( u don need to switch to the next set to type the nos)
- The display of the phone is awesome - pictures and videos are sharp on the screen and movie watching is very pleasant on the phone
- The Call quality is damn good and the loudspeaker of the phone is decent and the tablet's speaker are pretty good
- This should be the biggest problem with this phone. For some reason it does not detect wi fi signal strength properly. When I am near the modem, it shows full signal but when I am a little away from it, it shows only 1 point or sometimes even 0 whereas my ipod touch shows 2/3s or full signal. I have seen the same issue in Hong Kong and India as well. I am not sure whether it is a problem with all phone or not but I have seen people complaining about wi fi in some forums.
-The Camera is not good in low light. The flash seems to be very bright but it does not have the impact on the photo. The photo looks dark. It could be a software issue and may be fixed in firmware upgrades
- The resolution of the tablet is not as good as the phone. When you watch a movie in the phone and connect it to the station, you feel the images are not as sharp as it is in the phone. But it is not that bad either
Some observations and things which i read on the net
1. Lets say u r watching a movie on ur phone and u have 10 apps running in the background. You connect ur phone to the station. The movie plays seamlessly and there are no issues. Then you click on the recent apps button on the bottom right, u get a message saying NO RECENT APPS. All apps in the back ground are killed when u connect the phone to the tablet. I checked this with ASUS service center in Hong Kong and they told me this seems to be an issue in all padfones and they would fix it in the next firmware update. But I was not able to confirm on any forum that this is an issue in all padfones
2.**IMP** This is something which I read on a forum and it seems to be an issue with all padfones. Dust seems to accumulate on the camera after a month or so. The dust seems to be going to the camera from the headphone jack at the top. If u open the back case, your warranty will be void. You have to go to service center every 2 months or so to get the camera cleaned up. You can read more about it on http://www.padfoneclub.com/pl/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?4906
Jaya, 05 Feb 2013I have recently imported padfone2 from Malaysia into India. My padfone2 is still having androi... moreI got it from Hong kong and it had JB 4.1.1 out of the box. But as soon as I connected it to Wi fi I got 2 firmware updates. So if update is available for ur phone u should get it automatically when u r connected to a network or u can go to setting -> about padfone-> system Firmware Upgrade and check if any update is available
I find the padphone2 to be very fragile and the casing that Asus provide does not provide much protection.
I had my padphone charging with the casing and it drop from table high, and must have landed on one of the corner and the whole screen crack. Not only that, but it also stop responding.
My personal experience with other tablet and casing, this padphone 2 is fragile and i regret buying it.
Jaya, 05 Feb 2013I have recently imported padfone2 from Malaysia into India. My padfone2 is still having androi... moreHey,
Where did you buy this padfone2 from and how much did u buy it for? Any import duties for india? Is it a good device and worth spending so much? Any problems related to hardware and network?
Does Anybody know if this works well in Melbourne(Australia), with a Kogan mobile sim?
I want to buy one but I am unsure if it will work properly.
Anonymous, 05 Feb 2013Hello, I purchased Padfone 2 and I have problems with importing phone book. more specifically,... moreIf you have a gmail account, input all your contacts into gmail contacts, sign into the phone with the same account and everything is there including your calendar. Also if you loose your phone all your contacts are still there in gmail ready for your next android phone
Saurabh, 05 Feb 2013How can we play videos which require adobe flash player? Quite surprised that Padfone 2 is mis... moreit cant as Adobe have stopped supporting Android after ICS. If you search the we there are ways round it or use sites that use HTML 5 to broadcast videos like youtube.
This is not the phone or OS fault its adobe
Saurabh, 05 Feb 2013How can we play videos which require adobe flash player? Quite surprised that Padfone 2 is mis... moreIf its jelly bean flash is no longer supported. Its not google or asus's choice.
I''ve just purchased padfone 2 yesterday, went home to charge the station & it kept showing pic to insert phone which I was already in. It can't charged nor using it from START, brought it to the service center & it needs 5 working days for repair. What a craps phone is that.
Hello, I purchased Padfone 2 and I have problems with importing phone book. more specifically, I import it either from mail account or from a file saved in the device's memory.
at a certain time automatically disappears.
few times I try to recharge it fails.
Also, when importing it i get a message that the agenda is loaded on clipboard. I guess this would be the problem, but I managed to find a setting to change this.
can anyone help me with a solution in this regard please?
I have recently imported padfone2 from Malaysia into India. My padfone2 is still having android 4.0.4 and there is no firmware updates available. I chked on net that jelly bean updates have been done by several users. How do i get Jelly bean update?