Anonymous, 05 Jun 2013This is the most underrated s600 / flagship phone ever. Perhaps no one in US have it yet. This isn't going to be in the us
gjav1286, 04 Jun 2013review please.. and quad core shootout with s4, htc one, optimus g pro, and xperia z! and comp... moreThis is the most underrated s600 / flagship phone ever.
Perhaps no one in US have it yet.
review please.. and quad core shootout with s4, htc one, optimus g pro, and xperia z! and comparison review with its most related rivals like snapdragon 600 phones! this is also a high end phone!
Price of Padfone Infinity 64gb + Pad Station was NT$28,000 (1 month ago).
Asus should concentrate and release different dock stations for this phone,
1. laptop dock with sd slot + normal usb with build in 500gb spinning harddrive?
2. 7 inch mini tablet dock for people who want just abit more space.
3. 23~27 inch 1080p monitor for desktop user.
4. small dock for hdtv with additional usb for the hdtv multimedia user.
5. dock as a screen function for a dslr 24MP camera 18-55mm zoom camera?
The choices are endless!.. And people will take notice of this phone, and Asus will become the king of hybrids (which they already are)! haha
2 more bizarre but important things:
- USB OTG works fine on the phone, but does not work on the Pad Station. Therefore you cannot connect the Pad Station (with Phone docked) to your PC or USB. You need to undock your Phone first.
- Charging the Phone or Pad Station individually is fine, but when the Phone is docked into the Pad Station, the combo can ONLY be charged if connected to the provided ASUS adapter. Plugging it into your PC, car or a proprietary AC-USB adapter will NOT charge the combo. Maybe this depends on your country.
I got my 64GB Padfone Infinity + Station from Taiwan a month ago (it's cheaper there!). It's used as my only phone. I'll summarize my user experiences.
+ looks and feels really great, much more premium than anything else yet less slippery than HTC One.
+ vanilla android is smooth and creamy.
+ display is excellent, same for viewing angles.
+ external buttons well positioned on single side only.
+ several firmware updates over the past month.
- Asus standard apps aren't very useful and don't look as polished as HTC/Samsung.
- Android 4.1.2 only (4.2 was promised).
- camera software isn't quite as quick or smart as others.
- single speaker is weedy and easy to accidentally cover with finger.
- nano-SIM only is inconvenient.
- gets pretty hot if used intensively AND being charged at the same time.
Pad Station Pros:
+ significantly boosts battery life.
+ makes watching movies, playing games, photo galleries and reading text a joy.
+ speaker is very loud and clear.
+ docking mechanism feels very sturdy.
Pad Station Cons:
- Pad Station build quality is suspect, it has a plastic creak noise when pressed in lower right corner.
- using the camera in Pad mode limits maximum resolution to 5.5MP for some reason.
- cannot lie down on a table as the protruding back means it rocks around when typed on, a stand-case is a must.
- environment settings don't carry across from Phone mode to Pad mode, so you need to set them up separately, which is annoying.
- switching displays may confuse the phone and its Apps for a few seconds, sometimes requiring closing the App.
- switching is not instantaneous, there is a short loading time.
- takes a second for the Pad Station to respond to being unlocked.
Extra comment: I have no docking problems with putting screen protectors on the phone. There is a slightly raised bezel around the edge of the screen, so the protector sits flush exactly within it.
Don't be fooled by the number of negatives, as I am just nitpicking. The most important thing is to purchase a svelte leather cover-flip case for the Pad Station.
Tested PadFone 64gb with PadFone Station briefly
Here is the stuff normally not told.
1. 53 ~ 52gb usable storage
2. When docked with pad station, you cannot transfer data from padfone to computer via USB.
3. FM radio have loudspeaker mode. But earphone is needed to act as antenna
4. PadFone home screen is not reflected in Station. (You have to set both manually)
5. You can install both tablet + phone apps from app store. or tablet only apps not available for phone which you can only use in tablet mode.
6. Respond speed is faster then S4 on default and latest firmware. On par with response on HTC one.
7. Adding a thick screen protector is not advisable when docking often.. the dock and phone slide in very tightly no room for cases or screen protectors.
S4 might have higher benchmark value. But i found this device actually respond faster then S4.
Even without the dock station, its a very good device as itself.
ab741742, 01 Jun 2013does this support any of the asus keyboard docksNo.. the tablet does not have the keyboard connector.
rags, 18 May 2013is this available in Saudi Arabia. if yes where can I buy oneI cant find it any where in Saudia Arabia. In Riyadh I visited Axiom Telecom and Jarir bookstore to find it but they dont even know about Asus Padfone Infinity!
without talking about the padfone station you can buy later on, lets look at the phone. 1 week use and i'd say it's the best I had. I've used xZ for 3 monthes and it's beatten in many points. To me, screen colors and overall design are better than S4. Only competitor now would be HTC one. Maybe some will miss micro SD slot and removable battery, I thought I would but with 64Go,USB OTG and good power consumption management I forget about it.
Asus please teach sony how to use their own 13MP sensor: instant camera launch, way better photo quality than xperia Z. +better power consumption and battery time: screen on + wifi, no power saving mode: now 4h30 screen time and still have 20% bat left. mines not getting hot.
Long time I hadn't been so enthusiastic about a phone guys
Really cool design but Asus should let the top of the phone flush with the pad when fully inserted. Will be much better.