Have anybody experiencing difficulties in getting the LTE Signal? i already used the LTE simcard, i tried to switch another number LTE Simcard. i already tried to enter Engineering mode to select LTE only ( forced ), but its stated "unknown". the choice was GSM only, GSM Auto(PRL), WCDMA only, and "unknown". is there any certain patch to solve this kind of problem?
Need information ASAP... thanks.
i buy this phone on 6/3/2015..really amaze with the phone performance in doing multitasking work and capturing a beautiful pictures. but the only main reasons why i really disappointed with this phone is the battery..
I have owned this phone since dec 2014, because that was when the phone was available for the first time in Indonesia. My thoughts about this phone are:
1. The phone doesn't lag at all, compared to my friend's Note 3. In tablet mode, it still doesn't lag so that's good. However, when changing into tablet or into phone, there is a bit of lag but it only last about 3 seconds. Also, some apps might be affected after changing from phone to tablet and vice versa. Examples like Facebook. When changing into tablet, the fonts looks smaller. This is solved by restarting the apps.
2. Phone heat is kind of a problem. When exposed too much of the sun, it feels kind of hot. I usually place my phone in the pocket. This problem however doesn't really affect the battery life significantly. When in tablet mode, it doesn't heat that much compared to the phone mode.
3. Battery life is good for daily use like internet, social media, camera, video playback. 100% to just 34% for the whole day. However, for gaming, i have to charge the battery twice a day, starting from about 10%. In tablet mode, for gaming, the battery life is better.
4. The phone itself is not really heavy, but in tablet mode, i feel it is quite heavy for daily use.
5. The back cover of the phone feels plasticky, and i have dropped mine for a couple of times and i found there's a bit of a dent, so accessories that protects the back of the phone is needed. However, the metal sides seems to be just fine, no scratches in mine so far.
6. Availability of ASUS phones, except zenfones, are quite difficult. I even bought mine online so this is quite annoying. The availability of the service centers are quite difficult to find as well, so tread with care.
7. Availability of the accessories are difficult as well since not many stores sell accessories for padfone s, either the phone or the tablet. They are available online though.
netado, 11 Mar 2015hi everyone!
i planned to buy a new phone,so i have 5 choices:
1.sony xperia z2
... moreI own Asus Padfone S. The pro about this phone are:
1.Very good camera.
2.Call quality is OK.
3.Standby time and calling time is great. The battery only drop 1% for 20 minutes talktime.
4.Screen is vibrant and punchy with great viewing angle.
5.The Soc is great, heating is not bad but there is some heat present when playing heavy
6. Asus support and zen ui update is frequent.
1.The speaker sound is quiet. Able to produce high quality sound but not satisfying as it is
2. Battery life when playing game is only medium.
My suggestion go for Xperia Z3.
i planned to buy a new phone,so i have 5 choices:
1.sony xperia z2
4.sony xperia z ultra
5.asus padfone s
to be considered:
-.i like photography
-.i'm social media maniac
-.i'm not a gamer(but still love game)
-.i dont like something complex
-.i pick phone based on the design(primary) and hardware
-.i want a phone for long-term use
-.i'm a student,i planned to use it for study too
so which phone should i get?thank you!
ChoDockZ, 27 Feb 2015Using this phone since last week.. Screen : good Body : slippery back cover..must add extern... moreI have use it for 2 months and for activate screen I used smart screen, but sometimes if my hand covered proximity sensor and make it turn off. I already give delay 1-2 sec for turn off to avoid accidently turn off.
Had this phone and the station for 4 days now. It's used (but by only 1 day!) Works perfect for me. No issue at all.
US$ 260.55 only. Haha.
Well, battery life is short, but I can understand since its 2300mAh only.
The station works as power bank also, so when I don't use the phone, I plug into the station and battery issue no longer significant.
My rating: 8.5/10.
Andrias Susilo, 09 Feb 2015I've been using the Padfone's Indonesian edition but unfortunately negated feature for wireles... moreASUS Padfone S support wideband LTE (900-1800-2100)..
LTE in Indonesia will use 1800 after The Government and Operator retune Their Channel..
LTE 900 just trial because the 1800 Operator Channel will be rearrange..
Thankfully..whatever Band that use for LTE..ASUS Padfone already full support..
Using this phone since last week..
Screen : good
Body : slippery back cover..must add external cover
Camera : good
Performance : good
Battery : good but better if Asus give 2600 mah
Support fast charging because the charger use output 0.3mah.
Overall its a nice phone with good performance compare to its price..I buy it around USD 250 in Indonesia exclude the Pad.
ONE NOTE :
NO ALTERNATIVE BUTTON EXCEPT THE POWER BUTTON TO ACTIVATE OR OPEN SCREEN
The best phone ever..good battery life and also good for gaming..high speed on surfing ibternet because i got 4g sim..the gps also working great and accurate..it got A-GPS and also internal GPS..very recommended to anyone who want to buy it. I give 8 star for the ranking.
Bought two ASUS phones in my life and the Padfone S is a great improvement. However the touchscreen experiences is one of the worse I ever had. It's very sensitive to water so your hands have to be perfectly free of water before you touch it. Plus there are cases where when the touchscreen doesn't work or barely works.
I would avoid this phone.
Now if the coming Zenfone 2 is a lot pricier than my budget would allow, I will consider this as alternative. Any suggestions?
Hi for Padfone user how long it take to charge the phone from 20 to 100% ? Does the padfone support fast charging? i read it slow to charge
pete pete, 07 Feb 2015been using this phone for about 3 months, is a very good phone compare to its class (more bett... moreThe speaker is able to produce great high quality sound but the volume is on the quite site. Not to say it is very low but will not able to satisfy demanding music lovers. S5 sounds a lot louder.
z, 17 Feb 2015How about the battery usage. Is this phone is good? How about the price at Malaysia ?Call, Sms and light wifi browsing lasts for 3 days and less (half sccreen brigthness, no auto brightness.) Standby is OK if not great. Playing games, heavy browsing lats for 1 day and less. I bought this about 1.5 months ago at RM 849.