After two years of loyal service, i´´ll finally change to a moto g5s.
Great phone, decent specs and overall good experience.
the only downsides is batery backup, and wifi reception (quite poor) and usual ton of bloatware from Asus.
(My review is based on one that has never been upgraded to Android 6.0, and have been using it for over 2 years.)
- Excellent camera. My hobby is toy photography and this phone is perfect for it. Super easy when focusing on small objects at close proximity. May need to tweak the camera options a bit, but the end results are usually very satisfactory.
- Great 4G connectivity/coverage.
- Runs emulators rather smoothly. I don't really play mobile phone games, but I do love playing console emulators on them, like PPSSPP (PSP), ePSXe (PS1) and MyBoy (GBA). I found little to no issue when running all of them on this phone. So does that makes this phone good for gaming in overall? You decide.
- One tough phone. I've had dropped this phone quite a number of times, and it still runs great. The Gorrilla Glass 4 is definitely the best protection you could get for this phone. Hardly any scratch can be seen even after 2 years usage.
- Poor battery life. Not so much of a problem when playing music even after a whole day, just that you'd get hardly a few hours when constantly playing games/surfing the net even on a fully-charged battery.
- Poor placement of camera lense + bad design choices. The curved-shaped rear side of this phone looks good, but then the camera is placed on top of the curve, so when laying the phone down with the screen facing up, the whole weight of the phone falls on the camera! So getting an extra casing for this phone is highly recommended..unless you want the camera lense to get scratched easily, that is.
- Stock virtual keyboard buttons are too small. Well, too small for my fingers, that is. I found it so troublesome when typing messages, because the buttons are too small & placed too close to each other. (It may be better on the 6" variant?)
Do not update this phone past 5.x, ever since I went to 6 and got a data plan I'm missing text messages from many users, with no notice on my phone, and whether data is turned on or off. No support from ASUS either.
Don't upgrade to Marshmallow. It has a bug such as proximity sensors and gestures motion.
Not to buy...
Battery drainning fast
Sometimes it will turn off automatically
And getting very hot
the last update of this phone was not good, my data sometime turns on automatically, any solution?
MrBrown, 28 Oct 2017same goes to me m8.. hopefully someone sent us the link to update to marshmello.. Someone at zentalk already made a post about it, check it out:
Idk if this would work or not
z00ed, 04 Apr 2017Hello I using zenfone 2 Leser ze500kl but there not coming Android M update.i am using LRX22G... moresame goes to me m8.. hopefully someone sent us the link to update to marshmello..
Prabal Pathak,Assam, 19 Sep 2017I'm using this ph. 1 Year 8 months, i'm happy to use asus ze550kl. no need to update android ... moreHi Prabal, Have you tried updating to Android 6? What are the exact problems being faced?
shamah, 12 Apr 2017I have been using this mobile for 10 months now.
I havent upgraded the os to mashmallow yet (... moreI'm using this ph. 1 Year 8 months, i'm happy to use asus ze550kl.
no need to update android 6.0, it will creating so many problem, Ex. battery, LED notification Light, perfomench,
Plz don't update OS 6.0 with this ph.
android 5.0.2 is best for asus se 550kl.
every ph. created such problm after update OS.
Own OS is best for every ph,
According to my 7 years experienc with so many OS with ph,mc,pc
Asus tack valu of money....
the phone comes with a 2010mAh battery.
can i replace the battery of ze500kl into 3000mah??
kuma, 24 Aug 2017they say the internal storage 8/16, what does it mean.It means the phone comes with 8 or 16 GB of storage.
they say the internal storage 8/16, what does it mean.
Hi guys help me out my asus zenfone 2 laser ze500kl was working well all day and night suddenly what happens i just switched off the phone and put it on charging and den switched on but it didnt got started and stucked on asus in search of incredible.
I went to Service centre they didnt done Anything And said Your Motherboard is Damage.
And Den i went to local Market they said they Will Update the Software And Luck Is Yours If It start It Again Or Not..
I Just want My Phone Back.
Using custom rom lineage os nougat making this phone great again, although the battery is not so good but easy replacable
Is it volte or lte