Front camera is very nice, but the rear camera is ugly, captures ugly yellowish grainy pics.
Nicole, 08 Mar 2016My phone takes 4 hours to 100% full charge. Is it normal? Or is it because my data connection ... moreactual charging time is 200 minutes or 3hours 20 minutes with wifi ON but no broswing
I am giving now 62 tips to reduce battery power consumption to get good performance and battery backup, I am requesting to all members to read all the tips and if you think still more points to add means just post your opinions and I to accept your tips and give vote to me , if it usefull, please reply
here they are tips
1.enable AUTOMATIC BRIGHTNESS in display
2.enable SLEEP INACTIVITY as 15 seconds
3.choose normal WALLPAPER
4.enable SCREEN COLOR MODE as BALANCE MODE
5.switch off BLUETOOTH
6.try to avoid MOBILE DATA connection instead use WIFI connection
7.use default sms app asMESSAGING APP ONLY, dont use Hangouts
8.turn off DIGITAL MEDIA SERVER
9.turn off TETHERING AND PORTABLE HOTSPOT
10.Disable ZEN MOTION
11.keep less VOLUME in alarm
12.disbale VIBRATION FOR CALLS
13.turn off DIAL PAD TONES
14.turn off SCREEN LOCKING TONES
15.turn off TOUCH SOUNDS
16.turn off VIBRATE ON TOUCH
17.remove tickmark in NOTIFICATION ACCESSS in aSUS COVER , asus launcher , pc link
18.turn off DO NOT DISTURB
19.uninstall unwanted APPLICATIONS, those are not usefull
20.enable POWER SAVING in POWER MANAGEMENT
21.use auto start manger to DENY autostart appliactions in downloaded except ( antivirus aplication)
22.use auto start manger to DENY autostart appliactions in preloaded
23.remove all tick maRKS IN ASUS CUSTOMIZED SETTINGS
23.turn off LOCATION
24.turn off EASY MODE
25.turn off KIDS MODE (if kids not using mobile)
26.turn off DISPLAY QUICK ACCESS in display in lock screen
27.turn off SCREEN PINING in security
28.check SYSTEM UPDATE and if there new version , just update
29 enable DO NOT AUTO-UPDATE APPS in auto-update apps in settings in googgle play store
30.enable OPT OUT OF INTEREST BASED ADS in reset advertising ID in ads in google settings
31.enable over WIFI ONLY in update drive-enabled apps in data management in google settings
32.turn off NEAR BY in google settings
33.turn off show all cards , show basis cards only, manage card historyin now cards in settings in google settings
34.turn off AUTO SIGN-IN in smart lock for passwords in google settings
35. use ONLY ONE SIM CARD for data and calls
36.turn on PROXIMITY SENSOR
37. try to clear cache memory and install new update
38. free up clear all cache memory in all apps in settings in apps
39. download and install Kaspersky Lab Internet Security 11.9 from google play store ,
then update the data base and do full scan
scanning apps for detection viruses , trojons etc , i uswe kaspersky , but iam not ordering to others
40. use proper charger and usb cable which is supplied by handset box
41. dont charge your phone through computer usb port , it reduce battery life by 5% as per research
42. turn off sync in all accounts , settings -- accounts - google account -- click email- remove all tick marks
43. turn off sync in all accounts , settings -- accounts - email account -- click email- remove all tick marks
44. turn off sync in all accounts , settings -- accounts - whatsapp -- click email- sync off
45. move all photos , videos songs to memory card( branded sd card )
46. make sure device memory should have atelast 6GB as free
47.move downloaded photos songs videos to memory card
48.move only whats app medias like photos videos to memory card , since whatsapp folder occupies morethan 4GB space , i conformed with me friend phone , and i checked
49. move bluetooths folder only tems ( received contents )to memory card
50. move share it folder only items ( received coontents )to memory card
51.move uc browser folder only items ( downloaded contents) to memory card
52.after uninstalling some applications, few data's are still left begained in android\odd\ folder , please check carefully and delete ( only for expert users )
53.after uninstalling some applications, few data's are still left begained in android\data\ folder , please check carefully and delete ( only for expert users )
54.use Ccleaner app to clear emapy folders
55. set only 2 or 3 icons in home screen
56.try to use bluetooth headset for calling
57.check daily for system updates
58.check daily for applications updates in google play store
59.set data saving in google chrome
60.turn off google detection in google setings app
61.use UC browser mini and set speed mode disbale quick access ( optional )
62. or use Opera mini ( optional)
My phone takes 4 hours to 100% full charge. Is it normal? Or is it because my data connection is on? Pls help
SWIY, 08 Mar 2016does it support usb otg??yes supported only usb 2.0
Achu, 08 Mar 2016Antivirus & other applications for this phone.
Which is the good memorycard between 500-600?i recommened Kaspersky internet security for android
I using only transcend sd card class 10 from the year 2004 onwards , till now no problem.
32GB card is rs 800 +tax, less than also
Hey for yellowish pics try these steps :
1. Auto mode or even Night mode
2. The flash must be always on, not auto, not no flash, flash always on, upper right corner.
3. Before taking a picture long press the screen about 3 to 4 sec, then brightness option will appear, max it.
4. Take the picture.
Camera flash is very ugly. Can barely take any pics with the flash turned on since its very powerful and burns the pics. while taking photos of faces using the flash, it produces ugly yellowish pics. is there a solution to overcome this yellowish ugly pic problem?
on 7-3-2016 night asus released 3 applications updates
1) asus calling screen 12.56MB
2) asus email 8.11MB
3) asus messaging 6.47MB
1) real racing 3 v4.1.6 normally it takes 1.19 Gb and still 780MB balance to download ,
2) asphalt nitro 40MB only
3 asphalt 8 airborne 1.3GB , I used before update and then deleted
4)uc browser mimi
5) kaspersky internet security (paid version)
6) extract apk ( to extract applications from installed memory)
7)Kaspersky QR scanner ( barcode free)
8) dailyhunt (newspapers )
does it support usb otg??
Antivirus & other applications for this phone.
Which is the good memorycard between 500-600?
thinking of buying this phone?
is it a good idea
i purchased this mobile about 15 days back,after latest update my mic didnt work,i disabled audio wizard settings
and mic started working normally,it is my observation.
What are the Application should download in this phone?
Which are the games are u have?
Name some good games also
Achu, 06 Mar 2016Is ur memory card 32 GB?
How is its gaming performance?
I am decided to buy Asus zenf... moreyes my memory card is 32GB transcend hd class 10
performance is good
real price 2gb version at asus show room is rs9999 with tax
real price 3gb version at asus show room is rs12999 with tax
heating problem when using camera i can use only 300 mb ram out of 2 gb ?
The problem with the Mic came back again
AnonD-511362, 05 Mar 2016I am having issues with the phone Mic recently. The recipient is not able to hear me when I ca... more1) may be sim card service provider problems
2) be care sure sim card must be compartable with this phone , like frequency
3) us sim card uses different frequencies , when compared to indian frequencies
4) use only indian sim card for indian phone , currently airtel 4G iusing 2300Mhz frequency in india and provider uses 4G lte 1800Mhz
5 ) signal should be full , while we make calls
mic problems for many users
Annoyed asus user, 06 Mar 2016I have a problem with my internal storage. It shows it at about 11gb full but i only have abou... moredownload ccleaner from google play and install
then scan full , it will show unwanted datas left behind after uninstalled apps
and carefully check , put tick mark , and delete
find ""thumbnaildata3 "" likethese files , you can find ""thumbnaildata3 "" from DCIM folders its useless , its takes more 2GB
select and delete