richat17, 02 Dec 2016my phone is
16GB ROMyou are rights
if you want to update , you must downgrade to lollipop.
than only latest version will be updated.
but how to downgrade to lollipop??
Please guide me
my unit is responsive and also fast even after the updates no lags
my device is VOLTE enabled with the latest update 1877
Downgraded the device to android lollipop (184.108.40.2061) and then installed the latest update marshmallow (21.40.1220.1877) through ADB from the computer
RAJU.Msc, 01 Dec 2016yes you are correct , that's the default configuration settings from the firmware after u... morei bought on sep 2016, same issue happens after updating 1794.
so request for replacement .
so it may not be configuration issue i think.
1) don't update latest asus FILE MANAGER version 220.127.116.113_161109 because after update , when trying to open any folder , it gives black screen for 3seconds and then comes back as normal
2) this problems will happened everytime , when you trying to opening any folders in file manager
if you updated latest and facing above problems means , just disable the application and enable and download last version 2.0.0320_160912-4 from internet sites and install it .
sunil, 01 Dec 2016After recent update my touchscreen becomes unresponsive or gets hang, then you have to lock an... moreyes you are correct , that's the default configuration settings from the firmware after update
After recent update my touchscreen becomes unresponsive or gets hang, then you have to lock and unlock the screen to make it work.
Anonymous, 28 Nov 2016How can update firmware without computerby checking firmware updates 5through FOTA , it will automatically download and install for you. go to asus support link , choose a file to download , and copy to memory card , and then go to recovery mode , apply update through sd card
sebax, 28 Nov 2016all done..but when im going to update 1794 its showing cant mount asdf installation aborted...... morethat means current os has damaged in your phone , so that's why you getting error while installing ,
go to service center , ask to format THE rom and install the marshmallow os
sebax, 28 Nov 2016all done..but when im going to update 1794 its showing cant mount asdf installation aborted...... moreThere is an issue on 1794 firmware update you can visit service center if you want for updating your device i saw on Zentalk many users complaining for the same but after update the device is working fine.
Anonymous, 28 Nov 2016How can update firmware without computerCheck the below link for ways to update your Zenfone :
RAJU.Msc, 23 Nov 2016in my phone , those problems are solved . 1) last version I das 1794 , and then updated... moreall done..but when im going to update 1794 its showing cant mount asdf installation aborted...i formatted my memory card then copied and tried again but still its not updating..just showing cant mount asdff
RAJU.Msc, 20 Nov 2016directly to computer and then copy to memory cardI did not understand... why to download on computer and then copy ti sd card.. my phone is showing option to download marshmallow ... can i download it directly on phone?
So if I get your steps correctly that you did for WiFi not working after 1877 update is below
1. Enter Recovery, Perform "Wipe Data / Factory " and then after it completes turn off the phone by choosing "Power Off"under the recovery menu
2. Enter Recovery again, Wipe Cache Partition and apply the offline update for 1794 by choosing Apply from SD Card. (The SD Card has the 1794 update that was downloaded)
3. Reboot phone, reach the normal screen and do not update the apps
4. Update to 1877 from the normal screen via FOTA
5. Reboot the system after the process is complete and then update the apps
sebax, 22 Nov 2016also having the same issues..i tried hard reset then wipe cache then directly update from sd c... morein my phone , those problems are solved .
1) last version I das 1794 , and then updated to 1877 via FOTA , wifi dint not worked
2) went to recovery mode , I did hard reset , switched off it
3) I copied the offline firmware 1794 to sd card , went to recovery mode , I applied the the firmware
4) rebooted the phone , went to normal mode , and then I installed firmware then updated to 1877 via FOTA , ( no updated the applications ) restarted the phone and then swirtched off .
5) went to recovery mode , I did hard reset , switched off it , and then switched on again , went to normal mode , updated all the applications and then switched off
6) went to recovery mode , I did wipe cache partition , problems solved