Anonymous, 12 Oct 2016 ZENPHONE 2 Laser 550KL
It satisfied my all requirements. Its a great gadget. Stylish, slee... moreI am using the 3gb version with snapdragon 615 (my friend has the 2gb with snadragon 410). I'll just share my opinion (so please don't be easily offended)
- speaker quality is indeed on the low side for a phone (even my old Samsung Galaxy S Duos produces higher volume). But it can be fixed by downloading a volume booster app (I am currently using one so no problem with the sound production now).
- 720p is enough for it's screen, but the screen brightness is also in the low side but not to the point that it is unusable in broad daylight. It struggles under broad daylight whether you're using auto brightness or not. Also it's lowest brightness setting is not low enough for comfortable use in the darkness (but you can always use the built-in bluelight filter or download an app for applying a darker tint).
- UI is among the best I've used in android (have used Samsung's new touchwiz, vanilla android on nexus, and various launchers). It has useful gestures, shortcuts, widgets, and security apps that aren't present in other phones (security app is actually built-in. So, for example, if a person tries to access your locked apps he/she can't just easily uninstall the app to disable the security lock).
- design is simple, the curve makes it easier to hold. Double tap to wake/sleep is there so the top position power button is not an issue.
- camera is good (produces a lot of noise in low light conditions)
- performance is good (barely lags if compared to a Samsung mid-ranger(which sometimes do that 1 sec lag thing)).
- Marshmallow update helps with smoother performance. The main messaging app, calendar app, etc will be replaced by google's official apps. Most bloatware are also removed. But it only applied after I did a factory reset after updating to 6.0.1
And that is what I can share with my 1 year and a month of experience from using this phone. :)
Anonymous, 12 Oct 2016 ZENPHONE 2 Laser 550KL It satisfied my all requirements. Its a great gadget. Stylish, slee... morereally???...because i am planing to buy one...tell me about marshmallow update problem and batter backup in marshmallow
my phone is giving a problem of occasional mic problem, low sound, how to solve it?
ZENPHONE 2 Laser 550KL
It satisfied my all requirements. Its a great gadget. Stylish, sleek, looks expensive, performance is exceptionally good for a phone under 10k. No LAGS AT ALL.
The PROS :
1. The looks - Fantastic looks for a 10k phone , its built well and far better than other smart phones of this range. 10/10
2. The screen - 5.5" with gorilla glass 4.. more than enough and even though its 720p it is sharp enough and bright with very good viewing angles and the touch response is smooth and accurate. 10/10
3. The performance - Has a snapdragon 410 1.21 ghz soc , snappy performance - smooth game play ,no lags in usual day to day tasks , 800 to 900mb ram always free , 10.8gb internal space available for usage and sd card can be added ,no issues with the performance in any way. 9.5/10.
4.The camera - Very good camera with lots of settings and modes (manual mode, beautification, HDR , time lapse , time rewind , low light mode and many more).. Image quality is amazing in good lighting conditions and quite good in indoors as well (sometimes grainy in indoors but not a major issue), laser auto focus is really fast and focuses accurately, video recording is very good and what do i say about the front cam... simply superb for selfies with good color reproduction... so 8.5/10 for camera.
5. The audio - Some guys were telling speaker volume is low... i think they were expecting a subwoofer or something... come on guys the speaker is crystal clear and loud enough for call ringtones , songs and video playback. And coming to the audio through headphones -- MARVELOUS... connect any good headphone and you will enter into a new world of music.... 10/10.
6. The connectivity - Dual 4g sims and Jio 4G works fine, wifi , bluetooth , all is well and call quality is clear and distortion free... 10/10.
7. The Battery - The battery backup is superb --
--only calls and sms (2 days).
--3g/4g internet with whatsapp, fb, browsing , light gaming (1-1.5 days).
-- heavy usage (8-10 hrs easily)...
10/10 for battery,
but the charger is a 1 amp unit so takes some time to charge.
8. The UI- smooth ,snappy and tons of features... font color ,font style ,themes'
double tap to wake/sleep, gestures to launch apps, one handed mode etc etc
1. No cons actually according to me and don't get me wrong that i'm exaggerating or something... the phone IS REALLY GOOD for 8999/-
After 6.0 marshmallow update i can't find option for storage changes for app installation what to do please suggest
Just got a new update this morning. It's around 200 MB. It says bug fixes and performance improvements. Didn't install the upgrade yet.
I want to buy Asus zenfone 2 laser ZE 550KL 3GB ram varient. Can you pls tell me the charging time (0 to 100%) & battery back up? Somebody tell me that there are a lot of bugs in software, is it true? Pls help.
Had this phone about 7months now, although without a case for it to be kept in it feels kind off cheap. The phone itself however for my experience is the best android phone I've owned to date paid $300 Canadian for mine, if and when it starts to fail like all phones do eventually, I'm definitely going to buy another zenefone. Keep up the good work and thanks.
AnonD-589538, 25 Sep 2016Is it ok to update now into marshmallow? any suggestions plsDont software and hardwear not match.
dk, 04 Oct 2016My ZenFone 2 laser 2GB automatically switch off or rebootDelete unused apps or reset
Nick, 06 Oct 2016Hi. Files are not deleting on sd card in my asus ze550kl how solve this when i delet any file ... morePlease formate ur sd card or reset ur mobile if it happend in mobile memory (if u can find damege file delete it with help of computer , one damege file or broken file can create this type of problem like not make new folder ,not rename, not deliting any file )
Why my asus zenfone 2 laser always reboot ?
Can we solve thats problem ?
AnonD-479930, 08 Oct 2016sir i am planning to buy moto x play is it better than asus zenfone 2 laser ze550kl asus is better than lenova. lenova isnt good . i got 1 asus phone and one lenova. the asus is way better
AnonD-494664, 29 Aug 2016in lolly pop , two sims supported 4G and both are active in 4G
but in marshmallow , only... moresir i am planning to buy moto x play is it better than asus zenfone 2 laser ze550kl