Why are you people got a lot of complaints on using zenfone 2. ?i've got zenfone 2 4gb version and there are no problems at all. The updates are continue for the improvement of the phone. All you have to do is to use it properly.!
Ace Angel, 29 Aug 2015Guess you were just too lucky that had just bought either a defective unit or an imitation fak... moreJust asking when u buy stuff esp cp aren't you supposed to test "all" of the features? Did u notice any problems at all before you pay the cp? It's either return w/in 7days, or have it repair....I hope that you'll be able to have that speaker repair...
Its taking 5-6 hrs for charging my ZenFone2 ZE551Ml.
Is this normal or did I get a faulty piece???
Plzzzz...help me out..
Im unable to change lock screen type like from pin to pattern....plzzzz someone help me out
Ace Angel, 29 Aug 2015Go Google for solution. If that can't help or you are too lazy then go ask some of your tech s... moreYou definitely have a corrupt application. Uninstall it. Better do a hard reset.
Faro, 25 Aug 2015Hi SBR, I have also downloaded and installed the same update that you have, but I am not facin... morehi..please let me know what is the apps for no firewall and please give me more detail on the home screen deleted apps. i would like to follow your suggestion. thanks in advance!
1 month ago..i bought a couple of asus zenfone 2 n zenfone 5..both of the phone got speaker prob...the speaker is out !!
Frustrated!, 27 Aug 2015This is the SUCKIEST phone I have ever used and the WORST service. My phone keeps hanging and ... moreGuess you were just too lucky that had just bought either a defective unit or an imitation fake unit.
It's actually easy to solve, send it back to authorized Asus Service Centre.
Raj, 27 Aug 2015I buy ASUS Zenfone ZE551ml, after using for 15 days it is hanging and very slow. please help m... moreGo Google for solution. If that can't help or you are too lazy then go ask some of your tech savvy friends for help.
If you got no such friend, just send it to authorized Asus Service Centre.
davey, 27 Aug 2015Ive got this phone zenfone 2 4gb ram.... for almost a month already... all specs is good... it... moreDude. Go download an app to maximise the volume. And also not to forget to check for firmware update.
So happy with this, I felt like I got a bargain coz it's cheaper but the specs are good. Only problem I had was that it froze twice and I had to wait for the battery to drain, since it's built in and I can't just remove it. Good phone though.
adnan, 27 Aug 2015when the battery less than 20% and wifi on .. the mobile stop suddenly and shutdown without an... moreAfter it turned off don't turn it on and plug in charger continually for more than 12h without any try to turn it on or using it , just off mode to recalibrate your battery and it will be ok, after that don't let the battery goes under 10% or you will need to recalibrate it again, the new Lithium battery is preferred to be charged before goes under 10% and this will extend its life time
MAXJP2005, 19 Aug 20155.2 x 1.35 = 7w (normal asus charger - takes 180 minutes for full charge , but no heating issu... moreZenFone 2 551 ML Battery drains very very fast... charging needs more.than.3 - 4 hours to charge fully. Done over-hyped. Not worth the money..
Review After using for 1 and Half month.
First I will go with the pros and cons and later, user experiance:
1. Stunning rear camera with 13 MP and shoots upto 51 MP in super resolution mode but without flash.
2. 3000 MAh battery charges in 2 hours with non fast charging adapter and lasts for a complete day with always on H+(3G)
3. 1080P (Z00AD Model) display offers great looks and GPU is good enough to render most of the regular formats with HW decoder(PowerVR G6430).
4. 5MP front camera is good enough for selfies with the Beatify feature.
5. Build quality is good stunning looks (unless you ruin with protectors :-) )
1. Mild heating (only when playing huge games not on using data or on calls) but far better than most of the other branded mobiles.
2. Size is not handy 5.5" is little glitchy if you small hands, better experiance without any cases.
3. x86 architecure is not as par with arm v7 out there (snapdragon latest SOC).
4. No headphones in box, the sound is pure and clear* (when using SoundMagic ES18, Phillips shp2700, Nokia COLOUD)
5. Sim slots are tricky few standard micro sim cards are loosely fitting, Sim cards that are cut to make micro are fitting well.(Just keep a small plaster to ensure positioning)
Software Pros and Cons:
1. Zen UI is great but launcher gulps 150MB+ ram. Most of the ZenUI apps are very useful.
2. Stand by state uses 1.3 GB+ ram (This is not a con as everyone think, Maximum Resource usage gives maximum performance on Linux kernels).
3. It would be great if the Google Play services are optional, all the google apps are pre installed. How ever most of the stock apps are uninstallable unlike the zennfone5.
4. Proximity stops to work with the Tampered glass. How ever u can use with PowerButton ends call if you love to use a tampered glass.
5. Regular updates to UI, System fixing every single bug, and i have recieved about 500MB updates in 35 days every update is good.
6. Still on android 5.0 waiting for 5.1.2.
1. Not so handy but will become comfortable within a week of usage.
2. Will love the display and the camera.
3. Heating while running HD games like Dead Trigger and Asphalt 8.
4. Double tap to wake up is added for more convience.
1. Antutu Bench mark on Z00AD 2GB RAM is 46000+
2. OTA updates will not install after rooting ( as system image will be modified ). How ever NON OTA updates will work, you can download full image from asus website and keep in root of SD card and auto install.
3. No confirmed working cynogenmod is available.
Link to GSM Arena for more details: