Review After using for 1 and Half month.
First I will go with the pros and cons and later, user experiance:
1. Stunning rear camera with 13 MP and shoots upto 51 MP in super resolution mode but without flash.
2. 3000 MAh battery charges in 2 hours with non fast charging adapter and lasts for a complete day with always on H+(3G)
3. 1080P (Z00AD Model) display offers great looks and GPU is good enough to render most of the regular formats with HW decoder(PowerVR G6430).
4. 5MP front camera is good enough for selfies with the Beatify feature.
5. Build quality is good stunning looks (unless you ruin with protectors :-) )
1. Mild heating (only when playing huge games not on using data or on calls) but far better than most of the other branded mobiles.
2. Size is not handy 5.5" is little glitchy if you small hands, better experiance without any cases.
3. x86 architecure is not as par with arm v7 out there (snapdragon latest SOC).
4. No headphones in box, the sound is pure and clear* (when using SoundMagic ES18, Phillips shp2700, Nokia COLOUD)
5. Sim slots are tricky few standard micro sim cards are loosely fitting, Sim cards that are cut to make micro are fitting well.(Just keep a small plaster to ensure positioning)
Software Pros and Cons:
1. Zen UI is great but launcher gulps 150MB+ ram. Most of the ZenUI apps are very useful.
2. Stand by state uses 1.3 GB+ ram (This is not a con as everyone think, Maximum Resource usage gives maximum performance on Linux kernels).
3. It would be great if the Google Play services are optional, all the google apps are pre installed. How ever most of the stock apps are uninstallable unlike the zennfone5.
4. Proximity stops to work with the Tampered glass. How ever u can use with PowerButton ends call if you love to use a tampered glass.
5. Regular updates to UI, System fixing every single bug, and i have recieved about 500MB updates in 35 days every update is good.
6. Still on android 5.0 waiting for 5.1.2.
1. Not so handy but will become comfortable within a week of usage.
2. Will love the display and the camera.
3. Heating while running HD games like Dead Trigger and Asphalt 8.
4. Double tap to wake up is added for more convience.
1. Antutu Bench mark on Z00AD 2GB RAM is 46000+
2. OTA updates will not install after rooting ( as system image will be modified ). How ever NON OTA updates will work, you can download full image from asus website and keep in root of SD card and auto install.
3. No confirmed working cynogenmod is available.
Link to GSM Arena for more details:
it is sad to hear that zenfone 2 is not available in
retail stores but only online
heyy guys i buy asus zenphone 2 after 20days cellphone have charging issue, cellphone connect with charger but no charging progress also battary discharging very fast and it wil take 4 to 5hours to full charging now i given my cell to service centre they told after 8 days we will give you cell but i dont have another cellphone what should i do now??
I buy ASUS Zenfone ZE551ml, after using for 15 days it is hanging and very slow. please help me out friends.
AnonD-433202, 24 Aug 2015i m going to buys a phone but i cant deiced which phone should i buy?? 1.asus zenfone 2(2gb ... moreYou can buy asus for better camera quality and for faster cpu but the battery life of Asus zenfone 2 is lesser than that of redmilenlenovo k3 has radiation problem.Moto g3 is not worth of its money.You can buy asus.
My first asus phone is zenfone 5 and now zenfone 2 ZE551ML. both phone are verry verry good and the price are cheap
please make 4.7 inch for more convenient like ZenFone tipe 4C but the specification like zenfone 2
If anyone is facing hanging problem....... Uninstall updates of all pre-installed apps...... Or do not update pre installed apps......
Hi guys! Just wanna ask your opinions about Asus Zenfone 2gb RAM vs Lenovo K3 Note? And heating issues. Thanks :)
Chris, 26 Aug 2015Is this phone have panosphere mode?Ya it has hot both panaroma and panosphere mode
This is the SUCKIEST phone I have ever used and the WORST service. My phone keeps hanging and the camera doesn't work, finally when I found a remote service centre, after keeping the phone for over a week, I call them and they keep telling me that its going to be ready in a day. Everyday a new part has to be ordered and they refuse to replace the phone. So guys highly recommend get another option..DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE, Disgruntled
I am facing some problems with my Zenfone2 551ML, when I am open mobile data I am losing mobile network please tell me solution for this issue.
Ive got this phone zenfone 2 4gb ram.... for almost a month already... all specs is good... its almost perfect except the sounds... its too slow... thank you...