I have recently purchased zenfone 2(ze551ml) mainly for the reason that it has quite good output via headphones but I cannot feel any difference between my previous grand prime or galaxy j7. At max volumes it distorts at highs and mids.
I am using cowon em1 or mi piston 3 earphones.
Is this normal or there is something wrong with my handset?﻿
phone (32gb ,4rgb ram in dual channel mode) is awesome.battery with cool use dont drain fast (we talking about 5.5 inch screen!!!).its a very fast phone in all apps ingluding GPS ,camera is midle (or u can buy a DLSR), desing is very good.
This phone is seriously a dissapointment. Battery drains too fast. Overnight with super saving on and data off, yet u lose 10 to 15% power in the morning. U have to rely on powerbank the whole day.Gets really hot when charging and while talking. A dud phone. I have bought a samsung A8 now. No such problems. Will never buy asus products ever again
For 2GB RAM model, free RAM is around 700MB-900MB.
For 4GB RAM model, free RAM is around 1700MB-1900MB.
You can find more FAQ's about Zenfone's & join Community here :
Phone is trouble and problems all the way around. Sound breaks up, battery runs out 2 soon, Contacts access goes in & out, blah,blah, blah,, u name it. TOO many damn issues for whatever it costed! Don't buy save yourself the headache!!
AnonD-484830, 06 Jan 2016I bought the 4GB, 2.3Ghz, 64GB version from qd_au eBay early Dec 2015 for A$389. Needs getting... moreHie..I went through your series of problem...Most of them aren't worth giving a thought as they don't exist.
Regarding screen-shot, Asus provide a one touch screen shot button which you can activate by scrolling through settings.
Regarding warming up, every phone heats up when after continous use so thats not an issue.
I find battery life is Ok.. we can still work around 12 hrs with effective use.
sam0723, 05 Jan 2016have anyone tried connecting via nfc?Is there issues with nfc connectivity?Yes the NFC auto turns off, so annoying
I bought the 4GB, 2.3Ghz, 64GB version from qd_au eBay early Dec 2015 for A$389. Needs getting used to after using Note2, but if you use LG the layout is similar. There are some concerns potential buyers need be aware, so please read Zentalk forums as well as GSMarena. I haven't experienced all their problems but I will describe the problems I experienced below
1) Yes the battery sucks and gets hot, and that is expected when you work a smart phone with a unremovable battery. So just buy a power bank with more than 2.1A output to recharge, but if you can wait until a cheaper new phone with cheap removable batteries comes out, you will appreciate it. the LG G4 is expensive.
2) Asus needs to make settings that automatically close apps after certain idle to save power.
3) Asus needs to allow the apps to notify when there is activity. Currently, I am not even alerted when there's app activity.
4) Bring back scheduled SMS please! The to-do-later is so limited in effectiveness, Asus have shot themselves in the foot.
5) Unable to important xml format bookmarks, SMS history, etc is a real pain in the ass! Why shoot the other foot too?
6) The screen used to flicker all the time when you scroll, but since the 1 Jan 2016 update, I haven't noticed.
7) Why is it so difficult to multi-task when you're in a call and you hangup when you press the menu?
8) Why not keep swipe the contact left and right to call and SMS?
9) Why can't the middle menu touch be a settings menu like the right touch for Note2?
10) Why cant the earphones have volume adjust?
11) The screenshot is so troublesome to take, needs to be the power + volume up buttons instead of volume down. Also why does the screenshot have to darken when you screenshot with lowest brightness and blue light filter?
12) Why is there so much adware on the in-house apps? We paid for the phone, we deserve advertising free apps.
Seriously, Asus, you need to think before you design. And for goodness sake, listen to customers!
Anonymous, 02 Dec 2015terrible device. Always having problems. Memory management is very bad so 2G is never enough e... moreYes I agree, I want Asus to allow me to remove bloatware.
The 1 Jan 2016 update made the screen flicker less.
The speed of navigation when sharing photos, and copying links is slow and disappointing for a 2.3GHz 4GB RAM.
have anyone tried connecting via nfc?Is there issues with nfc connectivity?
You can post your ideas or suggestions here :
They might take this into consideration.
Anonymous, 04 Jan 2016Sony Xperia Z3 Compact or Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML 4 GB RAM/32GB?u should try asus..im using zf 2 laser..no prob..i want to try this zf 2 too..with 4gb ram..
Hope that asus would add software keys option in the update. Orayt...
I am using the Asus ZenFone 2 ZE551ML with 2GB RAM & 16GB Memory bought on 25 May 2015. Below is my review point wise for a better understanding of the Handset.
1. Looks good holds well but, when you place it on the table and want to type or touch the screen, it seems to swivel like a boat since it has a curved design at the back.
2. Battery lasts for 12 to 14 hours max on constant 3G data on without plying any games and playing videos. If I use the phone for browsing for around 2 to 3 hours it drains the battery rapidly.
3. The screen is sharp but not vibrant, seems dull when you place it in front of much cheaper Samsung or HTC handsets. You feel duped when you see that happening.
4. RAM: one word, pathetic! You get 222MB max available no matter whatever you do or application you use to clean it. After the last update in December the phone has become an annoying piece of equipment. I am looking forward to change it with a Samsung or a Motorola.
5. Major issue with display which I can (I guess) only resolve by giving the handset at the service center. The screen freezes most of the time and becomes non-responsive. The keypad and the numbers punch themselves and no matter how much you try and punch the back button, nothing works. I tried reasoning with the customer care over the online chat and they advised to clear the cache partition which I did and after that the phone lags as a 512MB RAM equipment. It is just pathetic.
I would advise people to go for a much trusted brand like Samsung, LG, HTC, Mi rather than such deceptive brands. They don't have any network of service centers neither any trained technician to serve the customers. I spent 15K on it, I could have got myself a any other handset with much better performance.
6. Camera of this handset is a shame. Front or back it is just too damn dull.
There are no Pros for this handset. At a price I paid, it is a Bad Purchase. A handset at this price should have atleast the capability of giving a consistent performance without any lag. 2GB RAM is a lot given the everyday tasks. I wouldn't complain how much is left if it wouldn't lag but, shamefully it does. I mean what does these companies expect us to do? Buy the phone with claimed performance and keep it on safe mode, using the data only when it is required and keep the super saving option on always? Then, why the hell say that it is the ultimate phone at the this price? You have much better options available.