Maddy and anyone else concerned about speakers:
- At first out of the box, the speakers sound awful and muffled like you were half covering the speaker with your thumb or something. It was brutal, and I was scared it was a hardware issue and the speaker was garbage. But rest assured, that's not the case.
- Sadly ASUS messed up on the software end by making the speakers APPEAR crap due to the lack of proper equalizing by default. The most recent ASUS update tries to patch this by adding an "Outdoor mode" button to the volume rocker menu, and this is somewhat an improvement, but there's a better way to fix it.
STEPS I TOOK TO FIX SPEAKER AUDIO:
1. Go to the inbuilt app "AudioWizard"
2. Click the "Music" button first, and then click the "Advanced Effect" button at the bottom.
3. Up the bass to a high-ish level
4. Up the treble to near-max
5. Leave "Dialog Enhancement" in the "OFF" position
6. Click the EQ tab at the top
7. Arrange the equalizer settings, mine are in an upward rising position until the end then it's straight downward. Hard to explain in text, but just have a song playing in the background and tweak these EQ settings until the audio sounds best.
8. Exit the "AudioWizard" app and the settings are saved. Any time the audio goes back to the original distorted sound, go back to "AudioWizard" and make sure "Music" is selected and the "Advanced Effect" settings remain saved. They should remain in place unless you trigger them off, which the new "Outdoor Mode" setting in the volume rocker will do, so avoid it.
Any other questions about all this, ask me. I love this phone so much, the speaker was the only problem, but thank GOD it was not a hardware defect! Only software related! Speakers are actually great when you fix them!
Is the second sim slot supports 4G and wat about the Speaker review. Please anyone who purchased this model tell about this.
i bought the phone for a week now, and heres my review-
Price: Reasonable for a 4gb/32gb combo
Battery life: it will last a day with moderate usage and gaming
Camera: perfect for its price
Gaming: superb can handle lite to heavy gaming with an ease
Specs: Honestly i think its not overpriced fair enough for its built.in specs
connectivity: fast and reliable for wifi/4gLTE
compared to p9 lite:
VR: asus (p9 has no gyro)
display: p9 and asus (depends on your settings)
size: p9 still a pocket friendly fone, go for asus if you want to experience good movie and gaming resolution
built quality: p9 and asus (premium feel)
non the less its up to the user what device suits your taste. for a gamer like me i suggest you go for asus the brand says it all :)
boy subo, 18 Oct 2016p9 lite vs zenfone 3 cpu- huawei display -huawei camera - huawei memory - asus ram- asu... morememory is not a big deal because it is expandable... but performance base?? duh choose huawei.
Zenfone 3 Laser with Snapdragon 430 is worst than Zeonfone 2 Laser with Snapdragon 615. And they are at the same price point!
p9 lite vs zenfone 3
camera - huawei
memory - asus
its your call
DJ, 18 Oct 2016Yeah, they have the same camera. Does it mean they have the same result when taking a photo? No its not.. P9 lite has good result rather than z3.
Anonymous, 17 Oct 2016P9 lite but its same price of Zenfone 3 too. but P9 Lite and Zenfone 3 Laser has same camera (... moreYeah, they have the same camera. Does it mean they have the same result when taking a photo?
DJ, 16 Oct 2016Which is better in overall performance, Asus Zenfone 3 Laser or Huawei P9 lite? Please do resp... moreP9 lite but its same price of Zenfone 3 too. but P9 Lite and Zenfone 3 Laser has same camera (SONY IMX 214)
Which is better in overall performance, Asus Zenfone 3 Laser or Huawei P9 lite? Please do respond. Thanks.
Guys kindly help me which is better
Lenevo z2 plus, one plus 3 or Asus Zen fone 3 laser
I am not a heavy gamer
Anonymous, 15 Oct 2016i'm planning to buy a midranger phone and i'm confuse to what will i buy between oppo f1s or z... moreIf you want a Camera fone. definitelt buy f1s but if you want a gaming fone. buy Asus
Ive just buy it and im confuse on camera compare to my old lg g4 has got bootloop. Since test to mod the g4 to still work but more random restart... ive still compair side by side and the camera of this phone isnt good. Also the stable video capure not god as g4 last year phone.. but in price range this is a good price rather than replacing g4 board worth higher than this phone.
Ive see a lot of grainy in lowlight. Autofocus stragle on videowhile walking.