My opinion after 1 full day of use:
- Display is very good for a phone at this price range;
- Very confortable, despite being a 5,2" sized phone;
- Sexy looking phone, the metal casing gives it a premium feel;
- Fingerprint sensor: cool feature, and works very well;
- Battery (of course): this beast will still have plenty of power left once all your friends start to look for their phone chargers.
- Too much bloatware, the usual in ASUS products;
- Processing speed not outstanding, but it's ok for any standard user;
- Not the fastest touch response out there.
- Camera: photos are too grainy and lack definition. It's an OK camera, at best.
- Sound: very underwhelming audio quality, both through headphones and external speaker. Listening to music through Spotify (with audio quality set to "Extreme"), the audio is crackly. This is very noticeable when listening to calmer music, and even at low volumes. Sound definition is not really good either.
The Achilles heel of the Zenfone 3 Max is, without doubt, the sound quality. But hey, for the price it costs, Asus had to sacrifice something. It's a good mid range phone, and that's about it.
AnonD-597619, 14 Oct 2016specially when it is charging. mine too have the same problem Mine overheats when charging
macky, 15 Oct 2016Is it good for gaming?does it drain fast?does it lag?Bought one last september 2016...it had slow touch response after update on optimized touch panel sensitivity. Brought to the service center and was informed it could take 2 to 3 months to be fixed. Dont waste money on this product.
Krung, 08 Oct 2016Dont waste money on this phone. Mine was just 3 weeks old but got touch reaction issues. Broug... moreWhere do you live? Does law in your country allows this? Here, if a product under warranty breaks up, the salesman/service has 30 days to fix it. If they fail to do so, you can autoamtically claim your money back. I do not believe 2-3 months could be possible in any civilised country.
front cam sucks i mean its VGA quality, seriously? 5mp front? even the main cam doesnt work like 15mp. i did set it to fine and max MPs but my zenfone 2 lazer's 5mp front cam quality is still way clearer even if i set it to standard settings. this zenfone 3 max works like power bank and for gaming only. you will not enjoy capturing moments with it.
So far I'm not experiencing any issue with my phone and I'm lovin' it.
Oishie rose, 14 Oct 2016It is nomal for zenfone 3 max battery easily get warm ?? Please answer .. Thank you!specially when it is charging. mine too have the same problem
no notification appears when someone is calling. i need to go first to the log so i can answer the call. help me pls what to do.
Camera quality is just ok not the best in its category compare to others...
jayson, 11 Oct 2016i noticed heating when im charging my zenfone 3 max approximately 42degree celcius. it is norm... moreIt is nomal for zenfone 3 max battery easily get warm ?? Please answer .. Thank you!
mooshy, 06 Sep 2016there's no an apps to play music too.Have you experience sudden reboot?
Am experiencing it with my unit.
.5.2user, 27 Sep 2016Myzenfone max 3 5.2 problem it is always auto rebooting...Same here sudden reboot then stuck on booting.
jayson, 11 Oct 2016i noticed heating when im charging my zenfone 3 max approximately 42degree celcius. it is norm... moreMake it sure that your Wifi, Data and GPS are both off. Sometimes there are some third party applications which running in the background, you need to use some task or app killer. It is advisable to turn off your phone when charging.