the wechat and whatapps notification will seldom pop out if there are messenge send in....
I bought this model of zenfone 3 about 8 months ago.
- android 6 is stable and best for this phone, android 7 has many issues and asus is not repairing bugs fast enough, I use 6 and battery is ok, no need yet for aggressive Doze in 7
- wifi signal and bandwidth don't have issues as some reviews claim. Connection speed range from 40Mbps to 400Mbps depending on range to the router and router brand. The antenna picks up weak signals like 40m from router outdoor while the router is indoors.
- Best performance for the price, you don't find this snapdragon at this price easily. The phone doesn't heat much in full load.
- The Camera is by far the best deal. Excellent with the camera app from android 6. (in nougat the users complain of many issues). The OIS makes a huge difference in low light and videos.
I have not seen yet tests with expensive phones to take significantly better pictures. You can shoot in almost complete darkness without flash. Laser focus is very fast. Overall it has a better camera than 5-600 euro phones.
- The battery has medium capacity, some say 2600mah is not enough but you can use the phone with the screen ON for almost 10h of browsing, so battery is more than enough when you look at the autonomy in hours not mah. And if you really need power it charges very fast when bellow 70% due to the Li-Ion charging system. In 10-15 minutes you get 300mah-450mah of charge. So doing the math, a coffee break of 20 min gives you a phone range of 3200mah during that day if you really need it :)
AnonD-716860, 19 Nov 2017 sometime i am unable to download app from play store ,, can you tell me what is happening?I read there is some kind of bug at asus forums.. reinstalling play store or a factory reset could fix it..
AnonD-45700, 22 Nov 2017battery review is already given. regarding the headphone quality.... sorry, I am not an audiop... moreAudio quality is actually quite good -with headphones- not that loud but clean, stereo image is not as wide as compared to a dedicated DAC...def good; for more search on headfi forums, cheers
Siddu, 15 Nov 2017Wat about battery file becz it has 2650mah battery.i ply lots of games, earphones and audio cl... morebattery review is already given. regarding the headphone quality.... sorry, I am not an audiophile. but, its not bad
AnonD-714447, 09 Nov 2017have you updating to android N? Is there any problem? if not, what version are you using? ... moreon the same day of purchase, I updated it to android N. absolutely no problem.
nerdluck, 17 Nov 2017It had already been announced back during the Zenfone 4 product family's launch that all Zenfo... more sometime i am unable to download app from play store ,, can you tell me what is happening?
Phinx from PH, 10 Nov 2017I already have this phone for more than 10 months. It still works out pretty good. Did upda... moreIt had already been announced back during the Zenfone 4 product family's launch that all Zenfone 3 devices will be updated to ZenUI 4.0 (much less bloatware than current ZenUI) and Android Oreo.
AnonD-45700, 27 Oct 2017Hai...
This is the first time I am using an Asus mobile. Actually this Zenfone-3(5.2" display... moreWat about battery file becz it has 2650mah battery.i ply lots of games, earphones and audio clarity
I already have this phone for more than 10 months.
It still works out pretty good.
Did update it to Android Nougat and the UI more than two months ago.
Still works out pretty good.
Bloatware still remains, you can delete it you want to anyway.
Apps, like Audio Wizard, before updating, it was 'a' separated app, when I upgraded to Android 7 and UI version, it was integrated in the settings > sound menu.
Battery after update to Android Nougat... Still remains the same, (I'm not a power user).
Camera... Even if you use manual mode, and, do some tweeking, if you zoom the image, it will, still look... Smudgy... Not zooming the image, will be... Fine... (I'm not a photo junky)
Performance... Both before and after the updates... Works out good... Taxing it to much "will indeed" cause skips or slow down.
Listening to music... I'm not much of an audiophile... But... Here are my insights.
1. I do use a different music player, Black player and Audio Beats.. (for me, the typical Google music player sucks.. no privileges to tweek EQ)..
2. Those apps do have equalizer settings.
3. The Audio Wizard app that this phone have... Helps me to refine the sound and tweek the EQ, "on top" of the EQ that those apps have.
To cut the story short... Very Good... That is... If your using earphones, typical ones or in-ears. Using a much more higher impedence cans, is a different story ... If the earphones (specially in-ears) very good, higher impedence cans, do sounds that they will need much more.. Oomph!.
1. Transferring enormously big files, from internal memory to Micro SD,( with single file with a size of 4GB or above) do takes time (more than a minute) and the phone 'does' warm up a bit while doing such.
2. Finger print magnet. Slippery...
3. Since it's body is covered with glass...
You have to use a gel cover or any casing or cover, so the glass body won't get scratched or crack if pressure us applied on the phone.
4. There is No news whether this model will have an update to Oreo or not. (My conviction tells me... There won't be... If there will be... Then... That's good)
Overall... It's pretty good... And "Worthy it".. Specifically for it's price, when I bought it last December 2016. And buying it at this period, it will still be worth it, except, Problems that I mentioned above.
I am using this phone for about 14 months. Performence was great. But few days back I suddenly noticed I can't install any app or game from google playstore. But I have a sppedy net connection and I am uaing internet smoothly in other sites. When I try to install any app from playstore, it keep on showing 'installing' but nothing happens. I have reinstalled the playstore app and tried, but yet it doesn't work. I cleaned up all cache files but no result. Does anyone have solution to my problem?? For further information, I have updated the android version to 7.0 and I update whenever any syatem update is available.
AnonD-45700, 27 Oct 2017Hai...
This is the first time I am using an Asus mobile. Actually this Zenfone-3(5.2" display... morehave you updating to android N? Is there any problem?
if not, what version are you using?
sorry about my english
Dont update to Nougat or you will get any problem. Marshamallow is more stable and low consumption power.
This is the first time I am using an Asus mobile. Actually this Zenfone-3(5.2" display, 3gb RAM, 32gb ROM version) is an amazing mobile when compared with many same priced/same processor mobiles. I am using this since last 3 weeks. My evaluations are as follows.
1. ultra clear display with very good brightness but not comparable with AMOLED displays while using under direct sunlight.
2. Superb speed for operations, wi-fi and data when compared with other mobiles with the same type processor.
3. amazing back and front cameras. back camera with OIS(or EIS?) is very helpful for shaky hand people whil recording videos. GIF format available for video recording.
4. good clear sound through speaker but not very loud like they are claiming.
5. ultra smooth touch.
6. superb UI, even better than MiUI, lot of customizations.
7. very easy to use.
8. getting frequent updates, expecting update'O' soon.
9. Good battery backup. With wi-fi & data on 24hrs(whatsapp & facebook active), lots of calls, I am getting more than a day battery support.
10. screen sharing available.
11. lots of themes available.
12. good network and wi-fi connectivity.
13. JioSIM (VoLte) works perfectly.
14. Excellent call clarity.
15. In built call recorder.
16. good RAM management with superb cleaner.
1. very slippery design.
2. will not show internet/wi-fi speed.
3. lots of bloatware, but you can disable/uninstall which are not needed.
If anyone needs any help, feel free to write.