Ginzon, 17 Nov 2014Rooting means u get all right over your phone. You can do many things including screwing up yo... moreThx for the reply .. I think I better don't root the phone . My device is kitkat version ... :)
Asus Zenfone 5 A501CG a Delightful Value for Money phone.
I was looking for a phone for my work and personal use, to check e-mail mostly, occasionally FB and other social activities like Google +, Maps, Music, LinkedIn and YouTube etc…
I keep Wi-Fi Turned on 24/7 and mobile data as well, in case Wi-Fi Signals are not there. It’s a DUAL SIM phone, but I am using only one SIM as of now with 8GB Micro SD card.
I was using Nexus 4 before this and therefore wanted something to match it at-least technically. I did a lot of research on phones and wanted it to be Value for Money and came across ASUS ZENFONE 5. I am a huge fan of ASUS since last 14 years and used lot of computer hardware from the company, so I had no doubt in capability of ASUS to create a phone for these time. GSMARENA ratings are 8.2, 8.2, 8.2, which is amazing…
Incorrect feedback about phone when you see review videos on Youtube or anywhere else
1) Battery – It has a decent battery backup which gives me a full day of use with phone calls, Wi-Fi on 24/7. So no issues with battery. There are some tweaks which I did to maximize it, which are listed below:
a.Turned off the GPS, as I don’t use it much unless travelling on highways
b.Kept the Brightness little below mid and in Auto Mode
c.Turn the Vibration off, as I don’t need it much in a phone
2)KITKAT update to version 4.4.2 : Simply done on first day of purchase, only issue was Keyboard not working, which can be easily resolved by selecting ASUS Keyboard as default Keyboard.
• Amazing looks, slim and sleek, metal spirals below diffract light amazingly
• Screen does not looks like glass and icons look perfect, thanks to IPS display
• 2 GB RAM, nothing less will do for me after GOOGLE NEXUS 4
• Great Camera and in-built Apps Like Micro Film
• ZEN UI, very refreshing after stock Android use on Nexus 4
• BRAND ASUS is always delivered great quality
• Gorilla Glass 3 feels sturdy
• Change the back cover and you have a new color of phone in its original Avatar
• Removable back cover can feel a little squeaky after using non open able Nexus 4, nothing major
• Difficult to Open Back Panel
• Lack of Original Accessories on Flipkart. No Back Panel Replacement or ASUS original back covers available
Go BUY IT, any user with some tweaking can use this phone and it will be difficult to get away from ZEN UI once you start using it. Just Makes your Life EASY!! GO FOR IT…
In case you have any questions, feel free to ask questions or write back.
I copied the entire downloaded zip folder of the KK update (220.127.116.11) on my SD card just to utilise it later as I had downloaded the file on my office's PC and didnot want to keep it there for long.
Nd now my handset is showing notification stating "System update file detected. Touch to start the system update".
Is this normal?
Can i update to KK now?
Tomazz, 14 Nov 2014Download this file and unzip it once (there's another ZIP file in it, do NOT unzip that one): ... moreHi.
I am facing 2 problems.
1) Unable to paste any of the files downloaded for manual update to KK (18.104.22.168). Also plz let me know which file to paste in ROOT folder and how? I got the below files after downloading the update file (Approx.721 MB) for manual update:
2) I am unable to perform a hard reset on my hansdet. I did exactly as advised to first turn off my handset, then press power and volume down keys together and hold them to enter a dos lookalike screen.
But here, my handset is not at all responding to pressing and holding power and volume down keys. The screen remains black and does not respond in any manner. It dosen't even vibrate.
Kindly help me to solve these issues.
P.S. Might seem idiotic questions, but sorry, don't have any idea on this.
@amitkk, thanks for the advice. The incomming call quality improved after reducing the volume, but I still find the quality as substandard.
Can you or anybody else please post a call sample?
It will help me and many others know the true sound quality of the phone and whether their phones are faulty or fine.
Another question, can greenify stop google play services n location access?
I purchased this mobile nearly 3 months back. Now its earpiece receiver is not working. Is it expected with ASUS Zenfone 5. How to correct it?
can anybody tell me is flip to silent mode given in this phone?
Proximity sensor given but is that above function given or not?
jjj, 18 Nov 2014The latest update is ok... the battery backup is really good now...what do you mean by latest update
jjj, 18 Nov 2014The latest update is ok... the battery backup is really good now...my battery backup is poor i feel is it true in case of asus zenfone 5 8gb.
Ginzon, 14 Nov 2014You have 22.214.171.124 so you can directly jump to 126.96.36.199. I've done that all working smooth,... moreHi Ginzon,
Thanks for reply.
So there is no need to incrementally update. We can update to latest version directly
"Remember do a full os load not OTA"
This means download the full update from Asus website and then update it ..right
jjj, 18 Nov 2014The latest update is ok... the battery backup is really good now...Hi....
How did you update to latest version :
2) Manual download from Asus website
Naresh, 18 Nov 2014After latest update, keyboard is not working. Pls helpooo
Is it recommended to disable the google play services? What will be the consequences?