avi, 30 Sep 2014Can any one confirm whats the maximum dwnloading speed on reliance 3g?????? M gettin 392 kbps(... moreReliance GSM 3G speed on all mobiles including mine is not more than 300 kbps.What you are claiming on opus is not possible.please think twice before you write people get misguided
Can any one confirm whats the maximum dwnloading speed on reliance 3g?????? M gettin 392 kbps(50KB/sec). I have done all the manual apn settings but still no luck. The same manual setting when done in my optimus g pro speeds upto 5mbps. Pls help
I had an online chat with an Asus Representative... He said that Kitkat is slated to release in the first week of October... Hope the update fixes all battery issues...
Tomazz, 30 Sep 2014Video camera and gaming would obviously heat up the CPU but the rest should not. Now the sc... moreI am not using any case simply the phone bro,display is getting very hot and bacj sude also if i used the phn for 15 to 20 min phn getting heat.what can i do fr that
Tomazz, 30 Sep 2014I have a strange update here… compiled on 23 September 2014 (note that I did NOT update to thi... moreIts kitkat bro. Asus phillipines has confirmed that it will be released on first week of october
I have a strange update here… compiled on 23 September 2014 (note that I did NOT update to this yet) - the version is 18.104.22.168_20140923_7953
The readme for it states the following changes:
1. Fix ANR issue caused by sending data-stall intent by alarmmanager again.
2. Fixed touch can't be used sometimes
3. Fix FM Radio issue that after call and alarm intervention it would not be played continuously
4. Fix Music play bar display issue in Quick Settings
5. Fix the browser no response issue after typing for search
6. Fix Email App zoom in/out issue
7. Fix general Russian string translation and display issue
8. Call Guard
9. auto select the right phone number via the call/Do Not Disturb mode/Reply via Call-in SIM card/Full dual standby with two SIM cards
10. Filter effects for videos
I did not fix the grammar mistakes in the release, but it's supposed to be available on September 25 for loading to FOTA server, and first week October to the downloads site.
What is worth looking at is that the version is 2.19, and not 1.19.
Does this mean it's KitKat? I am not sure. As said, just got my hands on it, and did not install it yet.
But just wanted to let you know.
So how is this phone? Great screen? Vivid? Bright? Sunlight Legibility? Camera? Performance? I heard that the battery backup and speaker are the worst. Can you tell me more about it. Perhaps would updates fix those iissues? Attracted to this phone cause it's specs at a very low price. If its really bad guess i'll save up and buy the grand 2.
jp ajay, 29 Sep 2014Some times the screen is getting black Please take some photos of the issue, a description of it, if possible in what situations it happens, and send it to email@example.com.
kon lao, 30 Sep 2014i have noticed that also, when you full charge the phone, it discharges quickly than charging ... moreInteresting…
I never tried it but this should not cause any harm to Lithium batteries.
jp ajay, 30 Sep 2014Its happening from the day one sir,heat is getting around the flash and upper display.
Softwa... moreVideo camera and gaming would obviously heat up the CPU but the rest should not.
Now the screen will get warm as it's right on top of the CPU and GPU heatsinks. But while it should get warm, it should not get hot.
Are you having it inside a silicon case? Silicon traps heat inside and makes things worse, while bumpers made of hard plastic or polymers generally disperse heat better.
I do remember early after getting the phone that it was experiencing heating issues, but that was addressed some time later with a software update, and since battery life in that particular firmware was dismal, I believe the power management schemes were missing or wrong.
But you're already on 1.18. So there are a couple of ways to get out of this - and please know that on CPU intensive tasks you will see little or no difference, but browsing internet, etc. you should see the phone cool (unless the heatsink detached from the CPU - if that's the case you should contact service centre as soon as possible if these steps don't resolve the issue:
- wait for the next update. If it is a small update, do NOT do OTA update, but load complete firmware instead
- root the phone, downgrade to older official version (I can get you a youtube link for that), which will remove root after it's rebooted, then do NOT OTA update, but get 1.18.40 complete firmware file and manually load it.
I cannot guarantee this will fix the issue because I can't tell whether this is a software update failure, missing power management features; or whether this is hardware failure - detached heatsink from the processors.
manoj kumar, 30 Sep 2014when i have purchased my phone that time green colour light
was blinking but after uses i is ... moreHi,
I was hving the exact issue.Unneccessarily I did couple of times the factory reset and kept on loading the application.Finaly Mr.Thomazz(the final word for Asus here!!!) suggested to install the widget Motorola LED widget from Market.After that everything is going good!!!
when i have purchased my phone that time green colour light
was blinking but after uses i is not blinking.i have reset phone also.
can any one tell me why its not blinking ?
Tomazz, 29 Sep 2014At what times is this happening? When is it getting hot? What are you doing with it at that ti... moreIts happening from the day one sir,heat is getting around the flash and upper display.
Software update is 1.18.40
Heat is coming when i normaly unlock my phone and juzt swiping the screen and all the work i do like game,internet,camera etc.....
I am used this phone about from 1 week...
1. great display...294ppi pixel density....and great viewing angles.
2. Ram 2gb...which very large for me nd always my ram free 1.3 gb.
3. camera quality is awesome in daylight its camera beats the sony xperia sp 8mp...in daylight...but its flash seems to be low as compared to samsung mobile nd front camera is preety nice takes very good pics and able to record 720p videos nd back camera is able to record full HD videos.
4. phone is light in weight but bit taller.
5. now call quality which is very imp...its call quality is pure crystal clear better than sony xperia sp :).
6. the earphone comes with this mobile is of great quality and have thumping bass i am impressed with its earphone quality and sound bcoz i song lover comapareable to walkman of sony.
7. its UI is awesome very intelligent looks like hand picked features.
1. this phone heats up during heavy game play but i am not a hardcore gamer so heating problem not for me....i play subway surfer . when you surfing the net its started heating little bit.
2. Battery also a very imp....on average use call (approx 3 hr. ) , whats app (2.5 hr), music (1.5 hr), games (50 min) and net surfing (1 hr) in one day . i charge it full in morning and use its every day in night my battry becomes 30% this is good for me :).
final verdict is that mobile is excellent in all of sections quality, performance so i recommend this mobile far better than micromax like chinese brand. ASUS IS NOT CHINESE. THIS IS TAIWAN COMPANY.
Tomazz, 29 Sep 2014The highest CE SAR value for the device is 0.53 W/kg.
The limit in EU for the CE certificat... moreYes sir thank you very much for clarifying about SAR Value.
Though it's bit high not above the limit.
Just drop my Z5 in a rubble ground and i'm very surprise that it just receive very minor scratch in the case,screen is still so smooth, why not because its cornilla glass, waiting for the kitkat update, and if this update improve the battery life then i will say that Z5 is one of the best phone to have, all phone has an heating problem and i found thats not an issue, but if kitkat can fix the problem then better, ASUS has made a Good Android Phone, not just excellent but one of the best. Good JOb!!!