I bought this Zen 5 8GB on Oct 2014. And i sold it by today Jan 18th 2015.
At first glance, you'll surely impressed by its design and ASUS also well known for its Computer hardware.
But in this Zen 5, it all changed.
Battery is drain fast, rear camera always flicker / black line in certain conditions, and constantly heating.
I also have Lenovo S920 4GB, and its way better than Zen 5. Besides, both are same category but my Lenovo is better than Zen 5.
Anonymous, 18 Jan 2015why my asus zenfone cannot detect while connecting to pc?? please. i always setting my usb deb... moreit's not the mobile problem. it's your computer's problem because of your computer doesn't exist the usb of android because your computer's processor is poor. check your computer processor than tell me later
Anonymous, 18 Jan 2015why my asus zenfone cannot detect while connecting to pc?? please. i always setting my usb deb... moreafter connecting please open the notification.click on connecting to media,computer will show your phone
I don't want to get into details... but this is good phone. Been using Samsung galaxy s series for some time now. This is a welcome break. As many discussed the battery drains out fast.Rest of the phone functions like a charm.
why my asus zenfone cannot detect while connecting to pc?? please. i always setting my usb debugging on. please help
This phone is great but you have to be careful not to drop it. I dropped this phone at 2 feet high and it wont turn kn bt it works. Its all blank screen. I took it back to the store and replaced it with a new one. And also the battery. It only lasts for 5 hours if you listen to music and browse. Its camera is great, i love taking pictures with my zenfone's camera. Its fast and it doesnt lag. Its perfect for my huge hands. Its huge enough to type comfortably. It heats up when you charge it sometimes. But other than that, the phone's great! I love the design, the weight, size, camera, the obly problem is the battery the heating and when you drop it.
Bought this phone last August. A month with it, my review said that it's a solid phone but battery drains fast. 3 months with it, some exiting problems with apps emerged but firmwares fixed it. Kitkat update made it more stable. However, almost 6 months with this phone and it starts shutting off for no apparent reason. At its price, it's a solid buy but it's not without flaws but then again, I don't think any phone has no problems.
phone overheats with just 3-5 minutes on online gaming..
Here is my review of this Zenfone 5 (2gb ram + 1.6ghz) after using it about 2 months.(KITKAT)
- It is great device with an affordable price. Antutu benchmark's result that i got with this phone is 23k. You wont feel any stuttering while swiping in its launcher. It is so smooth. Im not using it for gaming. It will get slightly overheat when playing game.
- Dead Trigger 2 is running fine but sometimes there is slight lag.
- It has a nice ZenUI interface.
- My phone came with android Kitkat pre-installed. So i cant tell any difference with the battery usage.
- Upgradeable to Android Lollipop in this April as schedules by Asus.
- It has nice screen
- You can control color saturation using Splendid app
- Black contrast is not so deep.
- Not really sharp when compared with other phone that has same value of PPI density such as Lenovo S850
- Only last 3 hours with screen on
- You must need a power bank when using this phone.
- Honestly, this phone has bad battery endurance
- ASUS is now doing research to fix this problem. So, we're eagerly waiting for this fix.
- there is no backlight in capacitive button below the screen
- i got problem with yellowish white balance when capturing photos and videos under sunlight. I hope ASUS can fix this.
- Very bad FPS when recording video in low light/indoor
- Front camera is good enough for selfie but it is not wide angle lens. So, less people can enter the pics
- it has low speaker volume
- the speaker is too small
- earpiece speaker is loud enough
USB OTG FUNCTION
- It can detect pendrive, mouse and all other devices such as Printer, Canon EOS
- It cant detect hard drive coz there is no enough power to power up the hard drive. You will need USB otg powered hub(something like that, but i've never tried before)
That's all. It is worth to buy this phone. Thank you.
Please tell me what's the size of KITKAT update size.....
I have an update of 457.57mb..
Is this a kitkat update?
Mila, 17 Jan 2015Asus zen 5 can not video call in viber how?it has no really video call on this phone..
It has no video call. Latest phone but no video call... task!!!my money is wasted..if I know that earlier I will not buy this kind of phone..