AnonD-289600, 15 Sep 2014i need your opinions guys, which do you think is better, li-ion or li-po batteries? Which one ... moreActually, I think I owe you a complete answer.
There are only Lithium Ion cells available commercially. The true Lithium Polymer cells only exist in labs, where technology is maturing.
The Li-Po is in general used for Lithium Ion cells without a hard casing, instead being "housed" in a flat polymer film. This makes the cells slightly flexible, a lot thinner and lighter than those that are housed in proper shells.
LiPo batteries can expand and thus lose capacity and/or ability to be charged or discharged, and that usually happens due to overheating of the battery, bad charging or discharging control or short circuit. Since there's no hard case around the cells, batteries inflate like a balloon.
All Li-Po batteries will inflate over time, and as they lose capacity it's time to replace them. Those in hard shell will also inflate, but since shell is keeping them in shape, you may not notice this on the outside, until shell cracks from pressure.
So, if it is possible, can we put this Li-Ion vs. Li-Po discussion to rest, please? Both are identical technology, same chemicals, all pose identical risks and have identical advantages.
The true Li-Po (currently non-existent commercially) will bring advantage of chemicals being solidified, thus adding stability to compounds, and (hopefully) preventing internal damage and resulting overheat or fire caused by uncontrolled reaction inside the battery due to their direct exposure to each other.
if the battery is non-removable, what if the fone is not working, what to do?
ADJSL, 15 Sep 2014mobile kept idle through Flip cover close by selecting Flip cover mode enable or kept idle thr... moreFlip Cover mode burns more power as it's constantly using the proximity sensor to see if cover is open or closed, even when the screen is off, so it can turn on when you open the cover.
MIS, 15 Sep 2014Dear Mr. Tomazz
1. Zen 5 is how good in signal reception i mean in poor signal areas and har... moreYour answers:
1. Where I am using the phone, reception is excellent, so I can only answer on few occasions where I was in areas of lousy signal. It has 1 line higher signal usually than Samsung Note 3, and the same as iPhone 5S.
2. Yes, Intel CPU is more power hungry than Snapdragon, but not all of it is due to architecture. Some of it is also due to Jelly Bean OS not having any optimisations for power throttling of the Atom CPUs. This will change with KitKat. That said, I do not think Atom will be as power efficient as ARM architecture even after optimisations. On the other hand, while Atom might not excel on the benchmark tests, it is better performer than ARM at same speed/CPU core.
3. I have not had any issues with clarity except on the default firmware which came preloaded on my phone and was for the lack of stronger word "awful".
4. Camera is in the upper half of 8 megapixel offerings, and while it obviously can't compare with the likes of Samsung S5 or Oppo Find 7 in terms of details at good light, it does shred more or less all of them in very low light. I was a big critic of the Asus low light mode (as I compared it with DSRL camera), but after comparing it with the rest of the phones around… it's actually bloody good, even if limited to 1.5 (16:9) or 2 (4:3) megapixels.
I cannot comment on Moto G2, as I do not know it. However about A500KL - I have it on the desk in front of me and what I can say is this:
- it has 1 SIM slot rather than 2 slots of A501CG
- it has a quad core 1.2 GHz Snapdragon vs. dual core Atom 1.6 GHz HT of 501CG
- both feel snappy in the ZenUI, and I could not say that I felt any difference between them although I expected 500KL to have advantage due to KitKat and quad core CPU
- on 3G the 500KL battery lasts longer than on 501CG, on LTE the battery life is nothing to write home about… unless you want to send a complaint (used 2100 MHz TrueMove H 4G)
- despite expecting better picture quality since 500KL has a Sony sensor, the advantage of it is 0. Images look virtually identical in terms of noise and details.
- screen is the same… except it has a shortcut to camera at the top of the screen. Still trying to find out how to turn it off as it's ugly
- signal quality is the same, but you can't turn off 3G to use only 2G. Option is only to turn off LTE.
- audio volume and sound quality on both is the same. I could not tell the difference with my old ears.
- on the outside they look the same, they work more or less the same, the same accessories are in the box and same back covers/cases fit both models. The only difference is that the LTE one has LTE written on the box, and no Intel logo at the back of the plate. Otherwise you'd be hard pressed to tell which is which.
The LTE version costs 40% more than the 3G dual SIM version. Both are 2GB RAM, 16 GB eMMC.
mobile kept idle through Flip cover close by selecting Flip cover mode enable or kept idle through on / off switch. is there any difference at power saving point of view ?
can any one help please.
My phone is not reading my sd card. anybody else is the same problem? any suggestion please.
i need your opinions guys, which do you think is better, li-ion or li-po batteries? Which one is more safe? Somebody said, one of those batteries tend to expand and shorten battery perfomance. And i saw, that li-po discharges faster, so i'm thinking, that's why zenfones drain faster. What do you think?
Dear Mr. Tomazz
1. Zen 5 is how good in signal reception i mean in poor signal areas and hard to reach places;
2.Whether Intel is a power hungry processor than Snapdragon, the dual-core and quad-core is more obvious or not much observed.
3. How is the call clarity of the mobile in poor signal areas,
4. What about the Camera clarity of the mobile during night and snapping during low light.
I would like to buy a new Android set, Whether you suggest me to go for this. I am confused with this model and Moto G2 and also with LTE version Zen 5 A500KL since it will come with Snapdragon.
Should I buy Asus zenfone 5(8gb)?plz rpy
My phone is not reading my sd card. is anyone else the same issue? suggestion pls. thankyou.
Adarsh, 14 Sep 2014My phone got restarted with no reason.Why would it be.Somebody please reply.Tomazz ...;expecti... moreThis can be hardware or software fault.
Hardware fault would mean an issue with the RAM modules, or an overheating CPU.
Software issue would be the corrupt OS partition or a mess caused by badly written app.
First do a factory reset, and upgrade to last firmware. Do not install apps yet.
If the system is working fine, start adding apps one by one. If same issues happen after installing a particular app, then you would know that app is an issue.
However it is likely that you install all apps and don't get the issue, then it was likely the corrupt OS partition.
If even without any apps installed the phone is still restarting, contact Asus for options on repair/replacement as it's likely a hardware fault on RAM module.
sri, 14 Sep 2014my zenfone5 is also not connecting to PC/laptops via. usb cable, on idle it automatically rest... moreMake sure the phone is set to MTP.
Use a different USB cable and/or different USB port.
Your computer's OS must support MTP.
If your computer is a Mac, download Android File Transfer.
If your computer is Windows 7 (which supports MTP), and you tried different cable and different USB port, then open Control Panel, System, Device Manager, and remove a Multimedia Device (your phone) from the list by deleting it.
Plug the phone in again and it should reinstall the drivers.
On my server (www.mega-networks.asia/ZenFone) you will find a folder Tools, where you can download the ASUS Android USB drivers for your computer from. The USB drivers should allow you to replace the Windows built-in MTP drivers for Android multimedia device.
I hope this helps.
Andy, 14 Sep 2014Since battery is not removable, what to do if its not working properly ?Hold power button for 10 seconds.
I bought my Zenfone 5 yesterday and it was recognized on the pc when I transferred all my files from my other device. This morning, it's no long recognized via USB. Please help! Any advised what to do with the phone to get USB connected aside from trickle charge? Thanks.
Since battery is not removable, what to do if its not working properly ?
my zenfone5 is also not connecting to PC/laptops via. usb cable, on idle it automatically restarts.
My phone got restarted with no reason.Why would it be.Somebody please reply.Tomazz ...;expecting a soon reply from you.
Hai.. how to i use font style in yg zenfone 5.. can u tel me??