LE, 20 Aug 2014How's the battery life? does it stay long like 1 whole day with internet browsing and gaming? ... moreTrue. I just observed that the percentage of my battery drains almost every 4-5 mins when my fone is active.
Which memory card shall i use on zenfone5 8gb version ??
I want to buy 32 gb memory card..pls suggest the best one :)
AnonD-296182, 20 Aug 2014yes, the wifi is getting switched on automaticallymine is okay, i manually "open" the wifi connection
AnonD-297317, 22 Aug 2014Asus India has confirmed that they will be rolling out Kitkat update from next week. Can you please name the source?
Check how much hours my phone was on battery...
godd !! that bettry thing pissd me off .. guys plz plz tell me is it worth buying or skip to othr phn .. mainly gonna use for chatng .. music .. videos..n sort of pics and gaming .. not much into gaming though..plz guys do reply .... need ur help..
AnonD-296182, 22 Aug 2014on 2g no issues the issue is with 3g internet thnx :) i hope i wont regrt..
Ali, 28 Jul 2014I am also facing issue with wifi. When it goes to sleep mode or standby mode or screen is off,... moreLook go to that power saver and put it to optimized.. It's currently on ultra power saving mode that's why
Asus India has confirmed that they will be rolling out Kitkat update from next week.
I want to update my phone. How will I know the SKU of my phone? Help Please.
AnonD-297240, 22 Aug 2014if you are eager to buy this shit please think thrice not twice because its sound is worst but... moreHi Manish kumar,
Really!!!!What phone you would recommend, which doesn't shatter on falling. But i think This screen is scratch proof. Tell me what is difference between scratch proof and shatter proof.
AnonD-279813, 22 Aug 2014Discharge completely, then charge 8-12 hours for 3x cycles.
Also download the 1.17.40 updat... morehey tomazz
i didn't charge it for 8 hours in the beginning
i was too excited to use it
can i still do that 8 hour charge thing????
can u explain me
what to do
my battery back up is okay
but what u say abt ur battery acc to that my battery can perfrm a lil better
please guide me
i bought it on 17th july
Genuine Review, 22 Aug 2014When comes to specifications This Phone is very good at the price mentioned by seller, but Maj... moreEvery body knows who the famous seller is. Don't do drama on your writing. I assume that your battery experience is also a drama.
AnonD-279813, 22 Aug 2014That does not sound right. It is draining battery far quicker than I would expect… or a lot qu... moreYes something wrong with Mr Genuine or he may be exaggerating things. It never happened with me.
I am keeping my phone with wifi on continuously from 3.45AM to 5.30PM with auto sync and on optimized mode. But battery never drained that fast. It used to consume 25-35 % battery for that time period. During that period i used to check occasionally if there is any notification of mAILS,MESSAGES. AND of course i used to call for around 15 minutes to my home.
But in Mr genuine case is .......God knows.
TechVB, 05 Aug 2014I have also faced battery issue from starting. But after the firmware update it has been resol... moreAre you sure its solves battery issue. Now how long it stands. with normal usage like
2 hrs - internet usage
30 minutes - call time etc.
btw...how to upgrade firmware?. tnx
can any bady say , can i bye a Asus Zenfone 5 is it ok ....friends what mobile can i bye because i going to by first smart phone is this mobile is ok good (Asus Zenfone 5)???
Genuine Review, 22 Aug 2014When comes to specifications This Phone is very good at the price mentioned by seller, but Maj... moreThat does not sound right. It is draining battery far quicker than I would expect… or a lot quicker than mine does.
So I would ask a few things:
- how do you have power settings set? Is it set to optimal, or power saver or custom, and if custom, what's set in there? I use the middle option which was set as default.
- How strong or weak is your wifi and 3G signal? The lower the signal, the stronger the phone needs to broadcast.
- How bright or dim is the place where you used it? I must admit I am a little bit like a Dracula… prefer curtains closed, but that's because of f%$&^#g iMac's mirror-like screen - if I open the curtains, I can't see anything on the screen. So with my screen set to Auto, in a relatively dim room, I get many times longer video playtime than you did. Obviously if room is bright, or you increase brightness of the screen, battery life would be shorter.
- A bit of a mistake from your side was to only charge it a couple of hours. You should have charged it 8-12 hours on first 3 cycles, else battery would be seriously underperforming. This is not only about Asus. It's about all new NiMH and Li-Ion batteries.
- Despite that, it should not tank so quickly, so is it also possible to check how many apps you have open at the same time, as maybe background processes are killing it?
There's a chart of battery charge, and the percentage that each of the components or apps is using, inside the Settings, under Power. Check it, that might give you some clues.
But I do agree that you should complain about it, as that's not normal.
If you have an option, try to update the firmware to a much more power-humble 1.17.40 WW version, and give it an overnight charge, kill all background apps off, set screen to auto, and give it another test.
Hope it fares well...