my experience with zenfone 5 : Calls made are immediately faced with some issues.
Sim immediately gets cut off, with no signal (no bar on signal strength, gets a cross) but the other end (recipient's Phone) still rings !
takes about 10 secs for the signal to return.
Make a call and the issue starts all over again.
What's wrong and how to remedy this issue? Its only a 6 days old phone, it was normal for the first few days.
Apology for the inconvenience, please follow below process to downgrade your Facebook App and everything will back to normal.
Downgrading to the previous version of Facebook
1. Go to the application list, hold the Facebook app to uninstall
2. Go to "Settings > Security" and enable "Unknown sources: allow the installation of applications from sources other than the Play Store"
3. Turn off automatic updates in the Google Play app to prevent Facebook being automatically updated to the version that caused issues on some ASUS devices. (Settings > Auto-update apps > Do not auto-update apps)
4. Open your browser and go to the following URL: http://www.asus.com/zentalk/tw/data/Facebook.apk (short URL: http://goo.gl/9hkujH) to download the installation file for the previous version of the Facebook app (v10.0.0.28.27). ASUS engineers have confirmed that this version of the Facebook app works without issue
5. After you've downloaded the file, start the installation
6. Log into the app as normal
*received officially from asus technical team
im having problems with viber.. a lot of echo and interference..
Zenfone 5 battery life totally sucks..cant even last half a day for normal usage..
can I Know what The Good Thing And The Bad Thing About This Phone..Anyone??
For those who unable to use fb on zenfone5, you can download the fb apps by clicking the link below instead of playstore :
The fb apps will automatically installed and just follow the next simple instruction. Remember to allow 'unknown source' on your phone setting before you do this.
why release if still there is a problem or incomplete program? that make us worried you know. thanks
anyone using 2ghz spec? facebook not function due pre-install apps (cannot remove)..cant playing videos..scrolling page fb/browser not smooth
use old version facebook because new fb not yet compatible with zenfone 5.. same goes to other apps.. just be patience waiting for them to update their apps
Facebook crash due to the new update that do not support Intel chip. uninstall it and re-download the APK file can solve the issue. have a check on asus malaysia facebook page 1st. Anyway have to say the asus malaysia have fast response on it. xD
Same here fb force closed..how to disable permision every time open whatsapp,browser etc... (read contact permission )
my facebook keeps crashing after launch, my clash of clans wont launch, clock also keeps on crashing, cant use some features on clean master and cant even upload any vines and it says your device cant support it which the android is 4.3 and these features was supported on my last phone which have 4.1.2 android.
Brand new zenfone5 for less than a week.Now cannot login in Facebook.Can someone fix it
Facebook can't open after recent System update. Message says "Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped. (Report) (OK)".
kevin, 22 Jun 2014the phone not stop vibrating...after i switched off then only it stop...what the hell...anyone... moreMybe u got the defected ones..mine is fine..i just bought it yesterday..so far it has been pretty good..except for facebook force closed after the new update..which i think will be solved after this upcoming update..