kalam, 17 Mar 2016You can go to asus site,
and download the update and update it manually.
I did the same and ... morehi kalam,
how are you
can u tell me the process to upgrade zenfone 5 manually or online
I tried the steps which was mentioned in zentalk and its not working.
Thanks in advance
have a good one, until than
when can i upgrade my zenfone 5 kitkat to lolipop
also provide me the link if its upgrdadeable
Thanks in advance
I am using asus zefone 5 kitkat 4.4.2.
Is there any working stylus for this phone?
If yes, which one?
Can I upgrade my phone?
I've been using this phone since July 2014, and compared to it's competitors (in the similar price range) this phone beats them all. It saddens me why many people here are trashing this phone. So I will review a few of those common aspects from my personal experience with this phone:
1. Battery Life: If it's just for chatting, phone calls and casual browsing then the battery will easily last a full day. I will admit though that playing games (especially 3D) will drain the battery in like 2 hours. During the first few months using this phone, I also experienced battery drain when I wasn't opening any apps, but after I disabled those useless apps and bloatware the battery became alot more reliable. With a capacity of 2050mah, don't expect outstanding battery life. (Shame on you who expect more from a budget phone).
2. Heating Issues: YES, I've also suffered from this. But again, after disabling background apps the heating issues subsided. Sometimes the phone will heat up when charging and still don't know why, but if it does, just unplug it, wait for it to cool down and then charge it again. It won't heat up after that. Another way is to restart your phone to kill off those running background apps.
3. Lagging: Absolutely no lag during the first year of usage. It actually became faster after disabling all those useless apps. It will lag a bit if ram usage is up to 70% but that's perfectly normal. Only these past few month have I experienced some lag even though there's still 1gb of free ram, but still VERY acceptable. As far as overall performance goes, this phone beats any other phone in it's class (AT THAT TIME PEOPLE, don't compare it the one's that came out late 2015 and above). Maybe people are forgetting that it uses a dual core processor.. (which is still very powerful due it's Hyper-Threading tech).
Auto Restart Issues: Yes, once every few days it will restart on it's own, either when I'm playing a game on it or sometimes out of the blue it will restart itself (but never when i'm calling). I actually like this, it saves me the trouble of restarting my phone once a week to kill of those unwanted background apps. But for those who suffer from multiple restarts each day, the only reason I can think of is a corrupt file or it didn't install itself correctly.
Durability: May I remind you that this is a budget phone, so it's durability can only go so far. This is why every time I drop my phone I pray that it won't come to it's end. And thankfully, after multiple, almost 1 meter high drops on solid concrete and asphalt, my phone is still okay. For those who dropped their phone at shorter distances, you have my sympathy. Maybe it was unlucky enough to affect a key component in your phone. :(
Camera: Now this is what gets my gears grinding. For those who are trashing it's camera, it ponders me what you guy's are comparing it with. I will say I still somewhat not too satisfied with indoor pictures. Sometimes I'll get a lucky shot, but mostly meh because of the noise. Outdoor pictures, on the other hand, are great! Very clean and clear images. If it doesn't satisfy you, don't be lazy and try fiddling around with the camera settings. I for one have compared it with samsung's and lenovo's 8mp cameras and my vote is still with asus (ties with Xiaomi). A personal tip, before updating the camera, do please read the reviews on play store. If the majority of the reviews are rants and complains then I will not update it until otherwise.
- Screen responsiveness is great, even after dropping my phone.
- Signal reception is acceptable.
- Auto brightness works great
- Loud speaker is meh, but I prefer using earphones anyways.
- No problems connecting to PC.
To sum it all up, I am very satisfied with Asus and this phone. If you want long battery life and superb camera shots, don't buy a budget phone people. As for lagging and heating issues, try disabling the useless Bloatware. It will do wonders :D
Have been using this phone since October 2014. Main issue is battery. I have to charge it at least 2 times in a day. Performance wise the phone is decent for the prize. For about INR 10000, this was one of the best options in the Indian market. Internal memory available for use is just about 5GB which is quite less if you want to install and use a number of apps. I routinely have to clean my internal memory to download an app. Phone sometimes shuts off while I'm on a call which is quite frustrating. It has started heating a bit also. Camera is decent. Screen is fine. After putting a tempered glass and a cover, the device becomes very well protected. In fact my phone has fallen down at least about 20 times and just recently I got a large crack on the screen although the phone and screen are still working. RAM usage is very high even though I don't play any games. About 75-80% of my RAM is constantly in use. ASUS has put a lot of bloatware which is a pain in the ass. Who needs the EMAIL app of ASUS which is practically useless. Anyways I upgraded to this phone from Moto E and now I'll be upgrading to OP3 or the new Nexus in the coming months.
very very bad
I regret to buy it
Battery decreases very rapidly, especially when using the Internet and can not be removed
Camera pictures ugly and unbalanced as if soaked in water
Affected by the water even if it is a small amount
Accessories are not available
I bought this mobile with more expectations.. But the quality is not good... Lot of problems.. Problems in sim network etc... Don't choose this one
KM, 06 Jul 2016-Pros: cheap and light, suitable for normal usage, clean AI.
-Cons: fast heat(especially FB),... morePlease make sure to enable the USB debugging in Developers option
if you don't have developers option yet, please tap the build version 3 to 5 times to become a developer then enable the USB debugging option.. ^^
One of the worst mobile. Please don't choose this mobile. For 100% charging, we have to put more time charging. When I used two SIMs it didn't work properly then I removed one SIM. When I used internet more time heat generated and charging decreased very fastly.
Sreejith , 30 Jun 2016Waste of money .. I had bought a phone and within one month its speaker damaged and i get it ... moreThis kind of people. Well gorilla glass meant to be scratch resistance not unbreakable resistance. The phone is great. I traded my ipad mini for this phone. Yea the battery sucks but ya know why powerbank exist so.
Why does zenfone 5 does't work Wechat from playstore after upgrade to android 4.4.2 version???