I have zenfon5. Suddenly today I am not able to hear any call. Only able to hear by speaker phone...it's just 3 month back I purchased.Anyone know the solution
I have zenfon5. Suddenly today I am not able to hear any call. Only able to hear by speaker phone...it's just 6 month back I purchased.Anyone know the solution.
sorry to make many of u guys unhappy but i thought of sharing this that the zenfone 5 (cg501) available in india is not actually a fake one but in fact another model the zenphone 5 name holds the titile for 3 phones to be accurate presently.....that is the
zenphone 500kl ie the 4g one with snapdragon 400 clocked at 1.2 ghz quad core maby the us variant,
secondly the zenphone cg5o1 ie the one available in india...with 1.6ghz dual core intel z2xx processor(another one also exists with a 2 ghz processor)
thirdly the upcommin one ie the zenphone 502(most probably) with a 1.2 dual core intel cpu nd 1 gig ram(also to be known as zenphone 5 lite)
the ones with the intel processors should sport a higher performance in terms of cpu power
while the snapdragon variants should be nearly equivalent but with better battery management but that is negligible as it is a 4g phone.....
i love this phone a lot even though i currently do not own one......except for the battery life nd speakers.......though resonable for the price....
(the words i said may or maynot have errors so pls forgive for the same if any and ply comment and improve if possible)
to make it simple just like samsung releases us(lte) variants and global/international (3g)variants with wayy different internals ...so has asus....
hope this helps
The Asus Zenfone 5 available on all shopping sites in India with model A501CG not the A500KL.
So, feeling like we are not getting this original product.
I bought it from flipkart and here's my review for A501CG:
1) Superb design: never dreamed of such slick, slim and handsome design under 10K----5/5.
2) Low weight: Despite of bulky in length, it manages to be just 145gm which is just awesome. 5/5.
3) Awesome screen: Screen is fantastic, brightness, color combinations everything is just fab. 5/5.
4) Performance: Multitasking is good, 2GB RAM can be useful. 4/5.
5) Good battery Backup: 2110maH battery lasts for full day(8/9 hours) with necessary stuffs like calling, browsing, chatting. 4/5.
6) Wow ZenUI: ZenUI features many good features like Sharelink, Partylink, PC link, Remote link, awesome wallpapers, nice ringtones, many camera modes, many editing options for photos, Auto micro film. You will never get bored with your phone using ZenUI. 5/5.
1) Performance: Phone lags a little bit while playing some games like Minion Rush. 3/5
2) Poor GPU: Zenfone A501CG comes with PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU, which is very poor. It don't support many of the apps and small games like Riptide GP2, Illusia which run smoothly on Moto G, G2, Moto E, Redmi 1S. This is where gamers will disappoint and being a gaming QA engineer, I totally disappointed. NOTE here that Asus Zenfone 5 with model A500KL(mentioned here on gsmarena) supports Adreno 305 GPU which is present in Moto G2, Redmi 1S . But sadly, we are not getting A500KL. 1/5
3) Camera: Camera is disappointing. Daylight photos are good. But, photos clicked in low light or even in good lights in night are very blurry, pixelated. Images gets blurred even on slight zoom in. Front camera gives feel of poor VGA camera quality and its not of 2MP standard. NOTE here that the chinese phone Redmi 1S scores more on both front and rear cameras compared to Asus Zenfone 5, Moto G2, Samsung Grand 2. Redmi is offering really value for money in just 6K.
My score for camera is 2/5.
4) Device is too long to hold in one hand since it has extended area below and above touchscreen(though lower portion is attractive and looks good). 2/5.
5) Device still runs on Android 4.3 and no update information is confirmed from Asus care team, this is disappointing since now all new devices are coming with Android 4.4 and many are scheduled for Android L. 1/5.
6) The sound coming both in earphones and loudspeaker is cheap or poor. 3/5.
I have returned the device to flipkart since camera and gaming which are important things for me, and I am thankful to Flipkart them as they co-operated very well.
Hope, Asus will launch phones with good GPU in India.
shohan, 05 Dec 2014how can i identyfi original ZENPHONE 5Check(*#06#)...........
Seventh and eight=00
Naren, 04 Dec 2014Will full HD 1080p videos/films play in this phone ???Yep, install MX Player then play tha videos and movies
VIMAL, 24 Nov 2014sir can u plz give suggetion against bettry problem. in one month it get fast lowjust install DU Battery Saver..its helping
Michael Tall, 03 Dec 2014I bought this phone yesterday here in my country (Philippines) then when I used it, I already ... morezenfone 5 4g battery drain so fast..i have install DU Battery saver and its very good apps..you should try it..its helping..
Sujaraj, 20 Nov 2014Zefone is best No heat no hanghow can i identyfi original ZENPHONE 5
Michael Tall, 03 Dec 2014I bought this phone yesterday here in my country (Philippines) then when I used it, I already ... morephil here also dude. where did you bought it? cause on widget city, the a500kl specs aren't exactly like this. false advertising maybe?
I bought this phone yesterday here in my country (Philippines) then when I used it, I already experienced the battery performance it drains too much when you are using wifi or mobile data etc. But one thing I could say it has a better specs. Very fast when it comes to browsing and specially playing high memory games such as dead trigger, shadow gun and need for speed most wanted it didn't lag at all. Camera is quite good both night and day. I will definitely recommend this phone for those who want a high-end as well as a pocket saver phone.
I am planning to use to capture photo in daylight and night time like 10pm. It is because of we worked in construction site ; need to capture photo of night shift working condition. after that I need to whatsapp the photos. May I know is this phone good for clarity?
I bought the Asus Zenfone 5 LTE in early Nov 2014 inspite of adverse comments/opinions like heating while charging, speaking, playing games, texting, surfing the net, low volume of speaker, poor quality of photos taken in the dark and battery ran out very fast. As a retiree my main reason I bought the phone was its cheap price as well as the new and improved features it has over other phones that cost more than twice. I experienced none of the adverse comments since using the
Zen 5 LTE three weeks ago except for the battery which required charging every 20 hours or so. I was quite disappointed with the performance of the battery. However, I resolved the problem after reading an article on the internet on how to increase battery life. It said to fully discharge the battery and then recharge it fully. I did this about a week ago and since then I only charged the battery every two and half days. What a difference it made following the advice of the article. For those owners of the Zen 5 LTE who have problem with battery life, I suggest you follow my example and please share your experience after doing it.
Many thanks. Worth buying this phone as I believe the problems mentioned earlier on were isolated cases. Its cheap and very good.
This phone has a better specification with its price. Do not expect that the battery will last longer because first ASUS did not put battery which is a higher MAH, then as we notice the Memory (2gb RAM) consumed more power because it is high enough compare to other lower end phone. Second is the screen which is 720p @ 294 ppi density it also affect its power to consume higher than what you have been expected. If you are always asking for the better battery consumption you can use powerbank as alternative or solution.
Remember that if you want a fast and high-end phone but in cheaper amount do not expect perfectly. For me this phone is better and impreseve when it comes to its specs. Keep it up ASUS.