Siddiq, 23 Jan 2016How can i update jellybean to lolipopFrom JellyBean, update to KitKat first. Then update again to Lollipop. Firmware can be downloaded at Asus Website. Or, if u are an advanced user, you can straight forward update to Lollipop using ADB.
Upol, 07 Jan 2016Thank you. Your tricks worked. Just swipe two times right side of menu you will get a screen shot easy
Nidhish, 24 Jan 2016Which firmware should I upgrade (the best firmware of lollipop)any one tell me ,plzzWW_18.104.22.168
Lora, 22 Jan 2016How to take screen shot at zenfone 5?hold power button and voulme down at same time.
Anonymous, 02 Jan 2016Upgrade your firmware to lollipop. GLWhich firmware should I upgrade (the best firmware of lollipop)any one tell me ,plzz
Here's some tip to improve the battery based on my experience:
1. Don't install battery savering or booster apps. Those apps drains the battery instead of saving. Upgrade to Lollipop and you get a battery saver as well as booster and auto start manager intergrated to the system.
2. Don't set the screen brightness to max. Set the screen brightness as low as you are comfortable with.
3. Turn on data only when you need it. Since data really consumes a huge amount of battery.
4. If you will be using that app in the next 10 minutes again, minimize it instead of closing since its easier for the processor to just load the app from the ram instead of opening it from scratch. With less processor usage comes less battery usage :)
5. Disable unnecessary apps from the auto start up.
6. If you will not use the app for more than an hour, close it instead of minimizing to conserve ram and prevent the app from continuously running in the background.
Those tips worked for me and my zenfone 5 lasted for a whole day or half a day with data turned on.
upol, 11 Dec 2015my zenfone 5's battery life sucks, what will i do to increase it ? if i use my phone for 30 mi... moreThat's really weird. I have to admit, the battery is not that good but draining 50% in just 30 minutes is just unbelievable. Make sure that you don't have battery draining apps installed (specially those so called boosters and battery saver apps) on your phone and turn off the data, wifi and Bluetooth when your not using it.
Mine can last a day without using data and simply using it for light usage. And about half a day when I keep data on and frequently open facebook and browser. While about 2-4 hours with heavy gaming and wifi on.
I noticed that the camera quality (specially the front cam) has been deteriorating lately after they updated it. I wouldn't recommend this for those who likes taking photos since Asus just screwed up the camera app big time. The old pixel master camera app was more better quality wise :(
gud phne am using it from more than a year ..... gud hardware, software,firmware.............great customization.............
upol, 11 Dec 2015how do i get auto start manager ?? i dont have it built inUpgrade your firmware to lollipop. GL
Just check the SIM card, make sure its not a cut SIM.
Update your firmware firmware version.
check with alternate SIM
Also check with your network provider
my zenfone 5 has this issue of loss of network connectivity for hours and after 3 or 4 hrs, and continuous search for networks, finally, i get my carrier network for a few minutes, and then again the same. I am from India and my carrier is Vodafone. Is this a firmware or hardware issue ?
my zenfone5a501cg is dropped last night during capturing photos of my friend birthday celebrations and it fell down from a height half meter when i asked the asus service center he demands 4700rs but in ebay they gives 1500RS below is it suitable mobile help me to find a asus zenfone 5 a501cg touch screen at budget price plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,
upol, 11 Dec 2015how do i get auto start manager ?? i dont have it built inYou need to update your phone's firmware
Anonymous, 27 Nov 2015Hi Prawesh, It works for 7-8 hours and 3days on standby approx. Please follow below step... moreI did all,but battery backup is not improved,when i use net browseing,battery backup very poor maximum 1 hour,i dont suggest to buy this phone due to worse battery performence.