This ohone change from 4g to 3g very frequently like what the f is going on? Full bars in 4g then suddenly change to 3g? Common stupid asus. I buy this phone to play mobile legends which i cant because of very frequent change in network so stupid. I beetter bought s9 from their i can control rf band signals by typing*#2263# in this phone i cant do that
If you are in the US, the only version you are able to purchase through the "official" way (and possibly the only version that will be fully functional in the US) is 6GB+64GB. The top tier 8GB+256GB version, which is the one I'm planning to get, can work in the US. But as far as I know, it won't work in 4G LTE in the US, so the max you can get is 3.5G on GSM carriers like AT&T. Nothing too crazy, just want people to know this before getting your hands on one from AliExpress.
hash, 27 Sep 2018Received firmaare update from 96.80 to 96.111Yes, I also updated to this version.
Same Android 8.0.0 version, Android security patch updated to 5 August 2018.
The information is not accurate in "Main camera" field.
Main camera can record unlimited 4k@60 fps. Plse update
vede, 25 Sep 2018wow, really impressive. how much average u get? i mean SOT for every day.cca. 6 hours
AnonM, 25 Sep 2018This one happen on all smartphone, not just this ASUS Zenfone 5Z. I got used before with diffe... moresimply ur phone forced to work more harder and ofc it need more energy (battery)
Anybody know why i cant exit my 5z's calling screen during a incoming phone call? Is it somekind of a safety feature? Tried looking from the settings, but couldn't find anything in the matter.
Teddy G, 24 Sep 2018Well IÂ’m not really an expert in this subject. But from what I noticed the battery life / SOT... moreThis one happen on all smartphone, not just this ASUS Zenfone 5Z. I got used before with different brand such as Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei, all have this battery drain if stay at bad reception area. You might blame this is smartphone issue, I would say this is overall a cellphone technology issue, where it force the phone using more energy to connect with the cell tower, be it 4G or 3G, it will drain battery on low reception area. You will find similar issue solved if stayed with good WiFi connection. Yes, if your area 4G is weak, and 3G is strong, probably stay with 3G will has better battery life, because has good 3G reception.
Onodera Kosaki, 23 Sep 2018Is it bad if it looking for 4g LTE agressively?Well IÂ’m not really an expert in this subject. But from what I noticed the battery life / SOT increased by a huge margin the moment I started to leave the phone on 3g mode. Perhaps if your area has good coverage for 4G, then my issue should not present itself to you.
This is the overall great package if really don't want the overly cut corner Pocophone F1, don't want the non-expandable memory and no 3.5mm jack Xiaomi Mi8, and don't want the over hyped Oneplus 6 that is without Micro SD slot, and sold more expensive just because it has near stock Android experience, which should be cheaper.
In my country, the 128GB version of Zenfone 5z is sold much cheaper than an Oneplus 6 128GB.
Overall, the phone meet all the expectation at very low price. No overheat, no battery drain. Even FM radio is present.
The only problem I faced after using 2 months usage is sometime the ZenMotion gesture, double tap to wake doesn't work. Others are non issues, phone stay high performance all the time. It really one of the best silence performer of the year, ASUS dare to cut the price down to compete with China brand (ASUS is from Taiwan). For me, it only lack of water resistant and wireless charging, which really not important to me. More premium feature lacking is an AMOLED screen. Other than that, it is just as good as those expensive smartphone out there that cost almost twice. As always, skeptical buyer and hater will pinpoint it's weakness comparing to much higher priced alternative brand.
vede, 22 Sep 2018need a honestly answer bout battery ability? how good it is?However I can pretty much fill up the battery test results exactly according to GSMarena's script.
(It became a standard where I work too ,to determimd APC (Avarage power consumption) of the phone and code apps accordingly.
According to my tests I managed to squeeze out 84h of endurance,about 19:50h of talk time in 3G, 10:21h of browsing, about 11:09h of Video playback, and a decent 7 hours of gaming.on a SINGLE CHARGE.
Charging rates in 30 minutes pumped in a quite generous 43%, however that's not a lot.
tec9, 19 Sep 2018no nfc? such a shame where from got you this?!
all ! the series 5 Zenfones have NFC built in.
(ZF 5 and even the cheaper 5Q/Lite offer that)
This is overall a very good phone. And at this price point, the few shortcomings don't matter. Been using this phone for two months now and ive noted the following things:-
1) The UI is pretty snappy and the SD845 surely helps here. UI is clean foe the most part and quite fast. Update has added gesture support, so you get a proper full screen experience.
2) The camera is great. Amazing in low light too. Also the second wide angle lens on the rear can take some lovely landscape shots. This is one of the main reasons i chose this over the 1+6 as the second lens on the 1+6's rear is just a dept sensor ( not even telephoto as they had previously). I mean... its a waste of a lens, IMO.
3) Charging is super quick with the charger provided in the box. I think its Qualcomm QC 3.0 with 18w charger. The max temp recorded while charging hit 42 deg C on my unit.
4) The screen visibility outdoors is quite good and having an edge to edge display is something else. Very slight chin on this phone... but you hardly notice after a few days, same for the notch.
5) The phone uses the earpiece to give a stereo effect. While not amazing, there definitely is good volume due to this. It also has an outdoor mode where the sound increases but there is loss in dept.
6) They provide a headset and a clear tpu case in the box, which is a always welcome.
7) The base variant of this is like 5k cheaper than the 1+6 when i purchased this phone. That bit sold me on this over the 1+6.
Some things i didn't like:-
1) The display brightness even at the lowest is quite bright, strains your eyes at night. Blue light filter doesn't help much.
2) The phone hunts for 4G network very aggressively. For the first two weeks i was get crappy battery life, avg of 3h50m SOT. I tried everything to improve this nothing helped. My last solution was to keep the phone in 2G/3G auto mode. Guess what, with my same usage while on 4G, the SOT increased to 5h40m. That's almost 2 hours!!!!! The best recorded is 6h43m, but this happened only once. So now it just stays in 2G/3G auto. Also i use dual sims both being by the same service provider.
3) This i knew before getting the phone, you cannot use this phone without a case unless you plan to wipe of the fingerprints every 15 mins. But without a case it does look magnificent.
I am happy with this purchase, I would recommend anyone with the INR 30K budget to get this. You will not be sorry.