After a select few Zenfone 6 units in Taiwan got the Android 11 update last week, the firmware is now making its way to global and European variants of the device. Both come with the same 18.0610.2011.107 build number as the prior release with WW prefix indicating the global rollout while the European one bears the EU marking instead.
The new firmware brings the familiar set of Android 11 enhancements including chat bubbles, one-time permissions management, notifications history and improved security. You also get a redesigned ZenUI interface, full-screen gesture controls and third-party launcher support among others. The changelog remains unchanged from the Taiwanese update.
- Upgrade the system to Android 11
- Back up your data before upgrading, and if you want to go back from Android 11 to Android 10, you can do so using an official package, but all your data will be purged.
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Remove private listening, ZenUI Help with one-handed mode.
- The power man function is integrated into the battery settings. Remove the Avast scan engine.
- The desktop removes options such as smart classification, alignment icons, icon suits, and more. Tap the screen space to spread the application icon.
- Import the new ZenUI interface design
- Adjust the quick set-up panel interface and support media control. Remove multi-window portals and add proximity sharing options (manually added)
- The Wi-Fi Auto Download and Install setting for system updates is turned on by default
- Third-party desktop support uses full-screen gestures
Interestingly enough the newer Zenfone 7 is yet to receive Android 11 even in beta form. We’ll be following this development though Asus is surely working on bringing the update soon enough.
I dont receive OTA update. if i download manually from website i will lost my data? last year i manually update android 9->10 and my data was lost.
There's a11 closed beta for it so coming soonish I guess