Yup, ASUS Support in the US is a complete disaster. I got my ZenFone 6 in Oct 2019. 10 days later I cracked the screen (spooked by a little white puppy in misty cobbled streets of Lake Como).
Contacted ASUS and got kicked around for days trying to get them to email me a quote after sending photos of the cracked screen. I was so annoyed that I decided to get creative and found replacement screen on Amazon/eBay for $30~ . Ended up fixing it myself.
Also, I had purchase protection from AMEX, so they refunded me my $500 - should’ve gotten the top tear $900 model had I known they’d be so generous.
Anyway, the ZenFone 6 has been the easiest phone to fix that I’ve ever had (compared with iPhone 6/6s/7 & HTCs). Parts are widely available and cheap if you’re willing to do a little DIY.
I’m down to my 4th screen, 3rd camera glass (been a little abusive), and 2nd google button (cut the wire accidentally). Apart from the camera flip module being wonky at times, you should be fine with keeping it alive for years to come!
Victim of Zenfone 6, 17 Jun 2021Asus support and service, during 2020 and 2021 after my purchase of a Zenfone 6, was the worst... moreI totally agree my rog damaged only after 2days
Asus laptop even more terrible
Richardpapz, 14 Oct 2020ZenFone 6 has no display problem. I turn it off & charge it at night. when i wake up, i se... moreI took this smartphone to the service center for repair while it was still under warranty, but bad things happened a few months later after being repaired. Suddenly the main camera's Auto focus can't work properly, even manual focus on the main camera can't work.
Now this smartphone is out of warranty, and I have tried several ways to fix the auto focus problem on this smartphone, but the problem is still not resolved.
Are any of you facing the same problem as me? If you can fix it, may I know how you do it?
Victim of Zenfone 6, 17 Jun 2021Asus support and service, during 2020 and 2021 after my purchase of a Zenfone 6, was the worst... moreatleast explain what happened before making any negative comments about the product
Asus support and service, during 2020 and 2021 after my purchase of a Zenfone 6, was the worst I have ever experienced, in any industry and for any product. I will never buy an Asus product again, of any kind. Timeline:
- Jan 2020: I buy a new Zenfone 6.
- Aug 2020: Phone no longer charges, on any charger including Zenfone’s supplied charger. The charging port in the phone is not working.
- Aug 2020: Still under warranty, I mail the Zenfone to the ASUS repair center in Grapevine, Texas. This is an unnecessarily complicated process. For example, Zenfone’s support keeps assuming I purchased a laptop, and tries to communicate with me about laptop repair.
- November 2020: I receive the Zenfone, apparently repaired. (But the data on my phone has been wiped out.)
- March 2021: My Zenfone stops working completely. No power, no blue screen, nothing.
- March 2021: ASUS assures me I will be charged only a diagnostic fee of $85, to have the phone assessed and then repaired.
- March 2021: ASUS then tells me I’m no longer under warranty, which ended in Jan 2021.
- March 2021: ASUS then tells me I am still under warranty, which was extended because of the previous problem with the Zenfone in 2020.
- April 2021: I again mail the Zenfone to the ASUS repair center in Grapevine, Texas.
- April 2021: ASUS then tells me I’m in fact not under warranty any more.
- April 2021: ASUS then tells me actually I am under warranty, which was extended for an additional 3 months.
- April 2021: ASUS then tells me I’m in fact not under warranty, which supposedly expired “2 December 2020”.
- April 2021: ASUS then tells me my warranty in fact expired on “8 March 2021”.
- April 2021: I ask to escalate the issue. (At this point, ASUS Customer Service is already the worst I have experienced, ever, for any product in any industry.)
- April 2021: ASUS maintains that my warranty is expired, but offers me a “20% discount” off their fee to repair the dead phone, which is $289. I ask to get a better deal, given what I’ve had to go through in owning this ASUS product. ASUS tells me they will check with their Corporate dept.
- April 2021: ASUS calls me back, telling me they can take 30% off the fee, to repair the dead phone.
- April 2021: ASUS then sends me an invoice for the full amount of $289, with no discount. Also, the invoice description of the problem is wrong, as it says “Hangs on ASUS logo” (instead the phone does not respond at all). I call ASUS and ask them to correct the invoice.
- April 2021: ASUS then sends me a new invoice for this repair, for an even higher fee of $362. The invoice also states a completely different problem: it includes a $97 item (plus tax) and a $243 item (plus tax) both for “abnormal appearance (deformation/scratches/damage/paint removal/dirt/rough edges)”. I call to tell ASUS it should be lower, as we had discussed. And to tell ASUS my phone was not physically abnormal or damaged in any way, when I had sent it to their repair center. And that this new invoice is completely different from their prior invoice. (At this point, it is becoming apparent to me that what is happening at ASUS here is not merely total incompetence, poor training and poor management, but possibly something worse.)
- April 2021: ASUS contacts me to say they erred, and should have sent me an invoice for $231. I then correct them again, saying no that would be only a 20% discount off the repair fee. ASUS had told me my discount was 30% off (for $216).
- April 2021: During these interactions, I keep having to tell ASUS that my phone is to be repaired at the discounted rate, but nevertheless ASUS keeps sending me e-mails stating that my phone will be sent back to me unless I pay the (undiscounted, incorrect) invoice amount within 5 days of the invoice date. Repeatedly ASUS assures me that my phone will not be sent back to me, that it is on track to be repaired at the rate they had agreed to, and that I will no longer receive these e-mails pressuring me to pay within 5 days. Yet, the e-mails are not stopped, they keep coming.
- May 2021: ASUS sends me another invoice for the incorrect, higher amount ($362) and the incorrect problem: “abnormal appearance (deformation/scratches/damage/paint removal/dirt/rough edges)”.
- May 2021: I contact ASUS, escalate the issue, and ASUS tells me they will have someone contact me in 24-48 hours. 24-48 hours pass by, with no call from ASUS. Meanwhile, ASUS continues to send me invoices, and a payment deadline, for the incorrect rate of $362.
- May 2021: I contact ASUS again, escalate the issue. ASUS assures me that they will stop sending me e-mails asking for payment of $362, and will contact me about correcting it.
- May 2021: ASUS “Proactive Care” sends me an e-mail stating that an internal failure to correct the invoice “has triggered the return of your device unrepaired”. The e-mail also states that once I receive my unrepaired Zenfone, I can re-create the return, ship the phone BACK to ASUS (at no shipping cost to me) and “continue this process”. (I’m thinking, Uh… no thanks.)
- May 2021: Sure enough, I then receive the Zenfone, returned to my home by ASUS. Unrepaired and dead.
To all: enjoy your ASUS experience.
maspandu, 19 Apr 2021This phone is full package. Great cam, front cam, great battery life, great performance. But y... moreWhat screen size do you consider normal? 6.4" is a big screen to me. The biggest phones out there are basically tablets: 7".
Samar , 29 May 2021Amazing phone. Period. Unfortunately Asus messed up with its default launcher on Android 11. T... moreIt's one of the reasons I chose not to update to Android 11 on it. I saw they at least specified it in the change log.
Varun, 30 May 2021I'm using this phone since October 2019. Everything was smooth and fully satisfied with t... moreWhat's your Android version and build number? I'm on Android 10 and my battery lasts between 10 - 13 days. I don't use the phone much,but still...7h?! Something is draining the battery fast on your device. Is power saving on?
Have you checked the battery usage graph to see the list of apps that use most battery?
I had this issue at first on Android 9 and I was very disappointed with the phone but ASUS fixed it with an update.
I'm probably not going to update to Android 11 since they removed quite a few features for no good reason.
Varun, 30 May 2021I'm using this phone since October 2019. Everything was smooth and fully satisfied with t... moreSame issue here. At the start the phone would last for 3 days or so. Now I'm lucky if I manage more than 24 hours. Ok, I do have a couple of hours screentime every day and using it dual sim, but still...
I'm using this phone since October 2019. Everything was smooth and fully satisfied with the performance. But for last two days battery is draining fast. 100% get trained in 7 hrs. Even though Wifi, mobile network are not connected, battery is getting drain very fast. What might be the reason?
Amazing phone. Period. Unfortunately Asus messed up with its default launcher on Android 11. There is no option to select icon packs anymore.
This phone is full package. Great cam, front cam, great battery life, great performance. But yet so boring sometimes, idk maybe it has small screen or the UI is not so good. Smaller screen means less immersive for me. But when I switch to $200 xiaomi, i'm so grateful using zenfone 6.
Dont know what to call it. Task text? is hanging like way too long and is taking space. Like if a try to upload a picutre directly from phone to the net i get like "picture could not be uploaded" that text info is haning like annoyingly long time. How do i fix this? startig to pi..me off alot. Android 11 issue? or just my phone.
To answer myself:
I just figured how lol :)
Android 11 update is full of bugs. First, the native Asus launcher constantly regains Home definition, stealing the configuration from third party launchers. Constantly, I go home only to face Asus launcher instead of Action (happens with Nova as well). Second, I constantly have to wait two seconds or so after choosing a recent application for it to come to foreground, while before it was instantaneous. The battery is also lasting way less than before, even after many days now. Also, Asus does not respect the icons of applications in the recents panel, choosing a very weird thick white border with its own icon theme, creating a jarring inconsistent appearance to the overall Android looks. It is hideous and completely in bad taste, tacky and reminds me of an ugly skin from 2010. Stop messing with the appearance of Android if you are a layman creating tacky appearances with bad taste. I regret not buying a Pixel, but then again all my previous 4 Pixel/Nexus devices failed very early (Pixel mic, 5X bootloop, 5 power button, Nexus S front camera), so at this point I'm just full of this BS. I'm waiting next month to buy an IPhone. I'm full of Android BS.
Is it just me or the screen is not so bright? To compare i use my old htc u11 and it looks like htc is easily brighter .50% looks good on htc but not on Z6 . I have to adjust the light to almost full on asus to get a decent bright screen. I just bought the phone secondhand .It's barely used and 2months old from the shop.
At least i think the phone can match my u11 when it comes to sound. I mean i do listen to music more than i pretend to be a "photographer" .
Also is there a tap to wakeup function? like htc :)
Should i update the phone to android 11?
Hello fellow 6z enthusiasts! Now that the phone is out of warranty, how to safely remove useless Google apps, facebook messenger, etc.? I still do not want to compromise security of my 6z. Thanks.
Kosh, 15 Dec 2020Hello, sometimes my Zenfone 6 is "losing" incoming sms messages. They just do not ap... moreThis happened with me once. Restarting the phone fixed it for me.
While scrolling sometimes the display changes color arbitarily, from normal white tone to warm tone. I have turned off all automatic display settings but still happens sometimes. Does anyone have a fix to this? Thanks.