try to playback your mp3 with google play music. is nice with head phone. if you want to play with speaker, turn off the equalizer and the sound will go wider, louder. if theres still not loud enough. live it in to the empty can, bowl or boxes to gain reflection (prefer hard material). it will go a lot louder.
don't buy this phone it sucks i have one i give it to my mom since i have a new phone but the touchscreen sucks and when you put a tempered glass the screen turns black what a shame also the camera won't focus properly it's a crappy phone
Anak Permata, 30 Dec 2017 How about the speaker it's loud and not noisy .I would like to use it while I working,I don't... moreI can describe it as averagely loud but not sharp. Bass/Drum sound (unless Heavy Metal or Techno songs) not heard much if you're 1.5 - 2 meters away. If you're used to phone with better speaker you might be disappointed.
Hope this comment helps.
talkiess, 29 Nov 2017Here is my updated review after using it almost 1.5 years. Pro: 1. Rarely hang. The only p... more How about the speaker it's loud and not noisy .I would like to use it while I working,I don't like to use headphones
talkiess, 11 Jul 2016I already used it for 1 month for calls, social media and some internet surfing.
Pro: Surp... moreHere is my updated review after using it almost 1.5 years.
1. Rarely hang. The only problem was using Firefox prior Quantum (ver. 56 and below) always forced close. (Fyi: I never install games on my phone)
2. For low end smartphone, the UI is super responsive
3. It's can be handle with one hand pretty easily due to curvy at back.
4. WiFi Tethering is good but with HSDPA speed don't expect much for streaming 1080p.
5. Battery can still hold more the 1 day from full charged with Whatsapp, Blackberry (job requirement), Twitter, browsing using Chrome and/or Firefox and Spotify-ing regularly.
1. Camera is horrible both front and back. Mine is 5 MP version. For 2010's era mobile phone it should be better.
2. Touchscreen responsiveness. Unlike other phone, this phone need clean screen and non-sweaty hands but you will used to it eventually.
Here's a tip: Wipe your fingertip before using this phone, doesn't need super clean just to make it dry.
3. Power button on top and volume button at back, was a big deal when first month using it.
4. LED only for charging function. No lights for apps notification.
5. Heavy and thick, bulky inside pocket. Still a big deal sometimes.
6. Stock keyboard little bit small as I stated on my previous review. Switch to GBoard as it can adjust height.
First of all this is a very cheap, even for low end smartphone. But, for the price, performance (except camera), and build quality it is best for your buck. I've planned to use it as my 2nd phone for another 2-3 years.
The front camera for selfie not very good.. Ugly i don't like it
Asus new user, 17 May 2017I wastedvmy money to buy this phone , I thought that buying Asus phone instead of Samsung phon... moreYou are blaming asus because you expect more with this super cheap and the cheapest type of asus mobile phone?how funny.go buy Samsung j1 you will find it not good too although it more pricey...u should save your money and get their flagship Asus Zenfone 3 and 4 are beast enough with decent price.
just bought it for my mum..work smooth for internet and youtube surfing and basic stuff..camera not that nice but i dont complain. overall light weight and fine budget phone for basic user
Using this phone for around 3 months. As a budget phone it is good enough to give power to your daily tasks.
Cons: 1. Led only works for charging.
2. No earphones inside box.
3. Front camera & back camera has a lot of noise. (Though noise reduces when using the volume button as shutter)
4. Video recording is poor. If you select high res, you'll get lower fps & If you want high fps, you have to select low res.
5. When the phone starts playing multiple video at the same time or loads multiple gif at a time it becomes hot and restarts. (Suppose after visiting a few xvideos page where the thumbnail keeps changing)
6. The display is not full black. Gives me the feel of a mirror.
Pros: 1. No frequent hang issue.
2. Very good ram management. I use fb, youtube, whatsapp, chrome, brain focus all the time.
3. The UI is very good and not laggy at all.
4. The phone feels very slim to hand instead of the specs saying its around 11mm.
5. Nothing more to say, Just an awesome budget phone.
new, 29 Mar 2017is there a double tap to wake and sleep?thanksyes it has. look for the setting of touch gesture :)
I wastedvmy money to buy this phone , I thought that buying Asus phone instead of Samsung phone would be great , the camera is very bad but if you used another camera app like camera fv-5 it will be a little bit better , I just want to know how this camera is 5mp !!! It seems like VGA !! , and speaker sound is very pure and nice but not too loud , screen is good , battery life is good , performance is great with multitasking and games
Just don't buy it if you need good camera and loud speaker sound
I'm so sad cause I bought this bad phone and I will not buy Asus products in the future anymore ...
i have samsung j1 ace neo 2016..and go 4.5 cant beat it...this is budget phone..so it may have few weak side..so stop complaining and save ur money for better phone...
This phone is great i have no problem with this phone, long battery life, camera is good good for gaming *casual games* good for text and calls. But the problem is the speaker the speakr sucks so bad.