I am using this cell for 2 yrs now. Here is the review:
1. Calls: Signal is not as strong as Nokia or Sony Ericsson or for that matter even a LG. As a result speaker & mic reception is intermittent unless u have full signal. It also has one irritating feature u can hear your own voice through the speaker. I am talking about the regular speaker/earpeice, this phone DOES NOT have a speakerphone or a built in handsfree.
However there is a 500 phonebook memory.
2. Messaging: Keys are sticky and respone is slow. Keypad fades out after a yr.
Message memory is 40 including saved messages
Preset templates cannot be deleted.
3. It shuts down randomly and all the date/time dictionary setting are reset.
4. Games: Box World - good but boring and irritating sound effects.
Mini Mouse: very very very very easy (ps. I have the perfect score of 3020 and u cannot beat it)
Cherry Boy: Beyond doubt the most challenging game ever in the history of gaming, due to fast monsters slow key response and an even slower OS. I've never been able to complete it stating from lvl 1 and through to lvl 5 (yes, its got only 5 lvls).
5. Data sharing: It does not have GPRS, MMS, or a USB port, bluetooth and IR are simply out of question.
6. Only 5 preset wallpapers, and a single preset theme.
7.Ringtones: U can get only monophonic ringtones by SMS from your friends mobiles & they will play only at half volume, that is if u are able to accomodate them in all of 5 slots that are available in memory.
only 1 or 2 of the 40 preset ring tones are good enough others are rubbish.
Preset ring tones cannot be deleted.
8.I have dropped the phone around 20 times and had to get the mic soldered in twice for which I had to travel around 10 kms to the only service station in the city and had to make 2 trips and 5 calls every time. I did not get a service handset and it took a week for repairs. However both times repairs were done under warranty and free of cost.
9. Battery is working well(surprisingly).
10. The display is brilliant, the best u can get for this price.
11. the keypad and display dont get lit up during an incoming call or a msg. unless u unlock the keypad.
12. And u can lock the phone by holding on to the # key, contrary to an earlies post here.
Verdict: DONT under any cicumstances buy this phone. If u d happen to get it for free sell it and buy the cheapest Sony Ericsson(beyond doubt better than Nokia, and all others manufacturers are useless) u can lay your hands on.
As for me I have somehow persuaded my parents to by me the Sony Ericsson J300i (honestly it a friggin steal at INR 4000 in showroom)
I should talk about the games in the mobile.That's really funny.
1.The Cherry Boy game is strange.Because the monkey's speed is protean...Sometimes they run so fast..
2.The Mini Mouse game is so silly...I got a score of 3018,maybe it's the highest score in the world..
3.Box World is game that always make me depressed.
I bought this phone on May 2004. I planning to go for a high end mobile. Here is my Feedback about it's 2years life time.
1.If you are not laminating your mobile. your key pad will go as plain button. No letters will be there. i'm looking for a key pad last 2 months i couldn't change it anywhere else. just now got the service center address going to check there now.
#10, 1st floor, MAS Tower, Opp.BEML Office,
11th 'A' Cross, 4th Main Road,
Sampangi Ramnagar, Bangalore - 560027
2. And the keypad is also very hard to handle.
3. It will only hold maximum 20 SMSs in its inbox.
4. If you are restarting your phone. your date settings and SMS key style settings will be reset.
5.Some times the Alarm tool is not functioning(may be a mistake in my M100)
6.you are opening a SMS From ICIC BANK, if you get a call simultaneously from your father. The screen will display "ICICI Bank Calling"(it is taking the sms no, instead of displaying the calling Number)
7. There is no option to lock the key pad manually. you have to wait and it will autolock.
8.Then this phone don't have GPRS, MMS, Picture message.
9.It will not play all the downloaded ringtone.
10.There is only 5 slots to store downloaded ring tones.
11.No screen saver feature.
12.You can't use downloaded wall papers.
1. The phone have such a good design.
2. Perfectly suits for rough handling.
3. I may be droped the phone around 20 to 30 times.
4. I like the size of the phone very much.
5. The Battery performance is also fine.
this is a sick phone with virtually no features.i once kept this for charging but then it never worked again,plz don't buy this
Hello i´m from to El Salvador
I can´t serch ring tone or wallpaper for my cellphone and i don´t have cable to conect my cell fhone to computer.
I have been using the BenQ m100 model from last 1.5 year , it is very good with minimum features, the problem i am facing now i want to change my keypad for this mobile , iam not able to get it any where, can any one tell where can i get it in Bangalore
benq is a nice product but i have facing disply problem my phone has verticle line.can u give me suggetion
cell phone download ringtone is very low volume,but cell phone implit volume is high,
ring tone volume is increased, but not increased,so please increase to volume tell me.
I purchased in aprl2005, I have one prolem faced due to ring tone not loaded.so pl.tell me how can i loaded it.
I have a Benq M100, but, it's protect with a password and forget it, ¿how clear this password?, tks
i want download picture message to benqm100 mobile,how can i do that one,and userringtones volume is very when we compare with buil-in ringtones,for i want solution
I am using BenQ100 since one year. One of its most favourat thing of mine is its battery timming. Its realy suites me. I daily received almost two hourse call so i realy like this set. Only a single thing that is now forcing me to sell it is this that now i am looking for some sort of extra features like, Infrared, GPRS etc. There is no facility of downloading Wallpapers and Tones. I think company should upload its software on NET. Overall its a very good set with good colours and tones.
Sombody tell me to download wallpapers,
i have purchased it by jan ,05, it's good but i don't find how to download pictures and ringtons. Please guide me if any body knows it.
I am using BenQ M100 from last 1 year,happy with it.Can anyone tell me how do i download ringtones???
it the worst mobile i have ever used.but i like its shape & i my views on that mobile is that it is most ordinary one.......dont buy it.
I purchased in jan2005, I have been trying for handsfree, if anyone finds, kindly mail me.
this is a god damned cell. even the service center personnels are not at all responsible to give back a cell that i gave them almost one and a half month ago.
Hi, I bought this mobile one month back. It is a nice mobile and cheap in cost. But I dont know how to download the wallpaper and ringtones. And where I can buy Data Cable of this mobile. Any one knows about this please inform me, regards suresh
sir after four month my set create problem , when i receiving calls one noise is coming from the set i cant understand what is this ? so please tell me the soultion.