please can anyone provide the english 1.15 rom? i will pay money for it.
1) Battery life - i charge it overnight. uses it enough during the day, then battery is needs recharging at night again.
2) Freezes/Hangs - maybe usually hangs once a day or maybe even not. version 1.12.. but maybe, its just because its windows.. :D
3) Speakerphone - pretty decent enough
bad points - camera sucks at dark places but acceptable during the day. The led flash simply is insufficient but works great as a flashlight. bad support from benq. signal is a little bit weak but still okay. joystick sticks after 1 yr of use, but could be replaced with the joystick of k750i.
good points - very handy to use. KEYBOARD IS OUTSIDE! Compact Size. Remote Control for your appliances. NO MOVING PARTS! Im so far satisfied with this phone. Couldnt still find a worthy replacement with the same shape and keyboard as this. just hope someone could point to a 1.14 or 1.15 english rom.
i haven't bought the BEnq P50 yet but i am highly considering it in the near future. i just have few concerns that is stopping me from buying the phone. all these are based on the opinions i have read so far..
1. battery life - what good are the features if there is no power to be able to use them. but if the battery will last even for 24hrs on moderate use then i guess i can manage that problem..
2. freezing/phone hanging - is there any solution or explanation to why this happens? if it is because of the many features/applications running all at the same time, then it is understandable. since even computers freezes if it can't handle too much data.
3. speakerphone - i am not really into using speakerphones but i do hope it will not affect the sound quality when playing videos or mp3 or such..
these are the summary of disadvantages i have gathered among the opinions i've read. hopefully these things are just minor hassles or minor problems that i can work it through when i have already purchased a phone. if there are really good advices among you guys out there. i would really appreciate it.
for those who have already used and still using the benq P50. can you share some advantages or good points so that i can finally decide if i will buy this phone or not. i wouldn't want to regret in shedding extra cash for a phone that is not worth it or not even functionally useful. thanks. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
There is a company WORCELL, selling BenQ P50 2500mAh Enhanced Battery (double the original).
Worth a try :)
You will not be able to get 1.14 or 1.15 English ROM online. So no need to search, it is only available at BenQ service center. Of course, your phone must be under local warranty.
Hi, I ve been using a P50 for last 6 months, two major complaints: 1. obviously battery life (can anyone suggest me how to get an extra battery?), 2. sometimes it gets hang, at that moment caller is hearing ring but nothing comes here, no sms, nothing. I got sms after restarting and callers have hard feelings as even i dont have missed call or any other info. Any similar experience or any solution?
sorry for my poor english. I wnan't to download 1.14 or 1.15 english firmware for my benq, if you have this firware plz sent to my e-mail (email@example.com) or give me download link!!! Or share this firmware on rapidshare ( for example) Thank's
please post a current link to the latest english firmware for the P50. Thanks
The latest firmware is 1.15 English. Only able to upgrade at BenQ service center. It improved on signal strength, no "low battery" error and unit much more stable. Never hang since upgrade 1 month ago.
Read my review:
I got a P50 in Oct 2006. So far the battery life is not so good. But they sell a 2600 extended battery I'm thinking about getting. So far I do NOT think there is a 1.14 English ROM version. If anyone has it please post where to get it. Thanks.
I got a sample for free. The build date is from July 2005.
I discovered the following lacks:
-The display refresh rate is much to low. I get eye problems by watching the display long times.
- The battery management is very weak and faulty. The battery level jumps from time to time after soft resetting the device.
- The power consumption is to high if the device is switched off!
- The audio quality and impedance of the headset speakers is really horrible. Take a knife and cut them away and solder good 15 Ohms speakers to the cable. Then you will be really happy!
-GSM hum, WLAN, BT, IR-performance is ok.
In summary (and regarding all the other comments)- this is a 80 percent developement. Does NOT bring enjoyment and Quality to YOU. Don´t buy. Force BenQ to develope 100 percent products.
My recommended sales price for this nice shaped device: $90. Don´t pay more!
There is no English Version of V1.14, it is only available in Chinese
Here's the link
and if you don't trust me, you can visit
the BenQ Taiwan tech support web forum, it's in Chinese thou
If you know Chinese, you better do the upgrade
1) increase signal strength
2) avoid some error like, removing the battery - hard reset
3) increase somehow the battery life, i would say 20% more.
Hope this help you all
the hour it goes 1 second just in 2-3 seconds what can be the reason please help!!!
Bought in Feb 06. Have taken it to the service center about 7 times until. Service guys are very good, but this phone is not worth the cost. Come to think of it, this is not worthy at all. It either does not switch on, freezes, sms is received with random user number from the contact, battery very weak. In short, would happily recommend Nokia 1100, which is better than P50.
you cant take a phone out of the box n expect it to have a great battery life. there's something called battery conditioning, where u FULLY charge and discharge the battery about 10 times. make ur judgements about battery life after this!
which softs are realy usefull for p50? And how can I sync with bluetooth?
i just bought the phone yesterday and the battery drains so fast. it did not even last for a day. and wats the backup batt all about? is there anything i can do to extend the batt life? pls. help