Please help me. I lost my CD wiht drivers, and i can't find drivers on web. Can anyone send me drivers to email@example.com
or tell me where to find drivers on net. Thanks
do a search on google and you can find online stores that sells the replacement headsets that you are looking for.
From my understanding, FW58 does not have the Norweigian language and symbols, but I could be wrong
Hi, can anyone tell me where to get a replacement pair of headphones as I have lost the original pair!! Thanks
Does the german firmware file include norwegian system and t9 languages?
Press # and Power at same time, and yes it is again benq siemens on a white screen, but try connect it with your PC now! it should be recognised and upload fw58 again.I had a same problem , so I know what I am talking about :)
Please i bought this phone last 2 days but i'm having difficulty in using my USD.What do i do because whenever i connect the USD cord it shows me something i dont understand please reply me via this e-mail what i can do about this please............
when i try to pres the # key while turning it on it still provides the same benq siemens screen!
PLEASE someone give me advice i tried doing the FW 58 update and it froze halfway throuhg the install and now all i get is a screen that says benq siemens over a white background i tried going through the install again but it doesnt detect the phone HELP HELP!! :(
To put the phone in emergency download mode:
1. Start with the phone turned off.
2. Hold the # key while you turn on the phone.
3. Keep both # key and power button depressed as the phone turns on - this will make the screen turn white. This is the emergency download screen.
4. Download the FW to the phone again.
Thank you erod45 for your replay regarding to my problem, but I do not know how to set my phone to emergency download? and my PC does not recogniese it any more when I connect it via USB cable...
You can set your phone into emergency download and download the FW again. There were some people that had problems like yours when trying to upgrade to the FW. I was fortunate enought to not have any of those problems. BTW, make sure you battery is at least 25% charged, preferably fully charged and take your SIM card and memory card out.
I tried to update 58 firmware,something happend during instalation and my phone does not work any more!So be carefull with that!I tried to fix it in mob. service, but they tell me its dead.When I turn it on, only thing it says is; benq siemens on white background and that is it...
I agree with the previous post that FW58 dramatically increases the menu speed of the phone. I upgraded mine using the 3GSwupFU FW58 BRDhandel version (German verison)and not the Russian Retail version. I noticed that I have a stronger network connection as compared with FW48 as well as longer battery life. I have read in the forums and have noticed that those that upgraded with the Russian retail version had issues with network connection and short battery life. It also seems that the bluetooth is more robust with the FW58 with my BT headset not dropping the connection with the phone as frequently as it did with the FW48. Overall, I think the is a good upgrade for the phone. I have had the upgrade for about a week and haven't notice a bug - yet. :)
Ok, I updated my phone from FW48 to FW 58 at last. With the public service motives :), here is my report:
For learning if there will be a warranty problem, I tried to contact to the national call center (Turkey) a couple of times, but failed (The support service is always busy with "other clients"). Then I decided to be corageous and do the update.
After googling, I downladed ef81fw58.rar from a German site, as I mentioned earlier. Read a couple of forum entries, (but in fact you don't need to read them, everything goes smooth), installed the driver that came in a CD in the phone package and installed 3GSwupFU on my PC. Here is how the installation goes:
Not much to say actually. You simply connect your phone to the PC and run the 3GSwupFU.exe file (file name may be longer). But make sure your phone battery is full before the update. I didn't take my SIM card or MicroSD card out of the phone. The software does everything. It detects your phone and the FW version and displays it. When it says "Ready to Update", you click on the "Update" button and wait for the SW to finish the update(5 minutes or so). It resets the phone 3 or 4 times. Wait until it says the update is finished. Then disconnect your phone. That's it!
After the installation, my SIM records and MicroSD card data were safe, but the phone memory was reset. The theme was also changed. In summary, the phone forgets everything, as if you just bought it. In fact, as a detail, my network and battery icons are ugly now, they were nice before FW58. I didn't need to change the language, it opened in Turkish :)
And about the performance: Perfect! The menu speed is increased dramatically. All menus and submenus appear instantly. Well, I am very very impressed with the improvement in FW58. with FW48 I was thinking like "Nice look, but slow". Now with FW58, perfected! The only exception is the opening (turn on) time. It is still long (~15 seconds). But it is not a big deal I think. How often do we turn on our phones anyway?
I just did the update, so I cant say anything about the new battery life.
That is all I can tell now. Hope it helps someone.
I've been using this phone for two weeks. It came with FW48. In general, I am happy with it, especially its style. For the cons, here are some points that matter to me:
- The Benq support is awful + the web site is just garbage. They dont answer even simple questions that you type in "ask an expert" link on the web. Even the automated response messages arrive hours after your submission.
- The menu looks nice, but is slow. The phone opens in more than 10 seconds. The memory card is accessible a few minutes after you open the phone. I consider jumping to FW58 although it is not official.
- The sound (mp3, etc) is clear. In fact, I am surprised with its clearity, especially in the bass sounds. The earphones are better than the speaker, of course. The max volume is not deafening, but is loud enough to suppress outdoor sounds. Also, the outer speaker is loud enough (my friends are surprised when they learn the music is coming from my phone).
- The media player is a real pain. You can access to your playlists and mp3 files from the outer screen, and listen to music without opening the phone. BUT:
1) Creating a playlist is a real pain. You have to scroll the entire song list to do that. You cannot add a song to a specific list while you are browsing your files. You have to do it through the media player, from a list of ALL your songs in the memory (ok, to be thruthful, let me say it this way: I couldn't find another way to do it in two weeks). I also failed to find a way to import playlists from a PC. Though, my hopes are not ended yet.
2)When your phone is turned off for some reason, puff! all your playlists die although your songs remain the same way.
3) While playing songs in a playlist, you have to pause the current song for jumping to the next song.
4) There is no equalizer, but the sound is nice and I dont feel the lack of an equalizer.
5) It does not play wma files.
6) mp3 playback kills battery life: 3 days with approximately 30 minutes playback per day, UMTS closed. If you don't listen to mp3, it may last longer.
7) No radio (not a big deal for me)
- The fonts are not adjustable. You always feel that the fonts are larger than neccessary, but you can't change their size.
- The web browser is not very useful. Even the smallest font is larger than neccessary.
- When a new SMS arrives, the sender (recorded to my SIM card) name is not displayed on the inbox list, but the phone number is displayed. The default message sound is unnoticable, but you can change it (mp3, etc).
- When you assign your ringtones to something in your memory card, and if the phone fails to read the memory card (This happened once), your ringtones, alarms, etc. silences. I woke up late one morning because of this. Luckily, the built-in memory is large and you can copy such files to the phone's memory.
- The direction buttons are narrow and you can accidentally hit to the select button while you try to move (especially if you have fat fingers like mine :) )
- The video phone button on the keypad is meaningless.
Anyway, that's all for now.