BlackBerry has just released the first update for its latest BlackBerry 10 operating system. The only available smartphone powered by the BB10 - the BlackBerry Z10 can get the update over-the-air.
The 10.0.10.85 update weighs in at 150MB and boosts the smartphone performance, battery life, low-light camera capabilities, etc.
Here are the Top 5 changes in the official changelog.
- 3rd Party App Performance - We’ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp.
- Phone, Calendar, and Contacts - Among the top improvements and features are fixes for Gmail calendars on BlackBerry 10. You’ll also find improvements in the BlackBerry Hub for logging calls log and how conversations are handled. We’ve also made general improvements to importing contacts from online sources.
- Camera - We’ve optimized the camera for better photos in low-light situations. You’ll love the difference this makes for photos where you don’t use a flash – like the Time Shift Camera feature.
- Browser and Media - With more and more of you using the gorgeous screen on the BlackBerry Z10 to consume online videos and media, we’ve made a number of improvements to the software in the way the browser handles video playback to provide a fantastic experience.
- Battery Life - The software team has included a number of battery life optimizations with over 60 battery saving improvements since launch to keep you moving. These combined improvements are designed so that you see improvements in battery life and heavy users especially should see a longer average usage per charge cycle.
The update comes shortly after the official BlackBerry 10 launch, so it seems BlackBerry is working hard on constantly improving the new operating system. The next BB10 device - the QWERTY-fied BlackBerry Q10 - is to be released around April.
In case you own a Z10 smartphone and you didn't get the OTA notification, you can manually check for the update from the Software Update settings. The update rolls out gradually, so it might take a few days until it appears for you. Our test Z10 device, for example, is still on the waiting list.Source
commenting after 9 years
In this day of technological advancement, why can't RIM release update to all markets at the same time? This is absurd.
I only have it to be 10.0.10.83 No update anymore :(
Log in I forgot my password Sign up