Saichand, 30 Jul 2014There is no sensor key in bb 9900. All keys are buttons(including call, menu, back, and power).I love blackberry 9900
Bonita, 11 Jul 2014I have a bold 9900 my touchscreen is not working is there a shortcut to accept There is no sensor key in bb 9900. All keys are buttons(including call, menu, back, and power).
I cannot believe I upgraded to this. What a mistake. Various problems but the one that really bites is there is no autofocus on the camera. It is useless for photos.
The least reliable phone what I ever had.
- "Battery level to low for radio use" after 10 hour with light use. 12 hour if I did not used it at all(!!!) and sometimes only 4 hour if I used it heavily (for example I made 2 longer phone calls (not hours just minutes!) and used the internet for a hour). If you just switched it off and put it away after a day its needs to be recharge as well (what the hell?)
- Did you mute the phone? No problem, a youtube video will start with full sound anyway.
- Starting with an error message: "Uncaught exception: Object already exists". The community answer: reinstall the system... ...I did it it remained the same.
- Slow and the apps freeze frequently. Especially the browser which drop the pages all the time.
- Sync with online accounts (gmail, calendar and contacts for example) is only if you have data plan with BB BIS or BES.
- It's call numbers sometimes randomly (I put an app to interfere with these callings but come on!)
- Its just cant handle a lot of webpage.
- Most of my emails (around 60%) is not shown on this phone.
- It don't have offline maps on it at all (don't come with the useless trackbudy. Most of the time that program not even works) so you need data plan + strong service signal and battery level if you would like to navigate with this. When the "Battery level to low for radio use" you will be lost.
- The apps usually came with shitload of spam. Some of them spamming you even if you don't run it at all. They send you popup messages, emails...etc even if you not in that app.
- The apps also generate data traffic even if they suppose to do nothing on the web (thanks for the good you can denied them to do if you know how to do).
- The apps are really expensive. However most of them poorly developed and designed.
- Most of the free apps are trial and you only able to use them a day or one times or something like that. After you have to buy them. Apps like barcode scanner...etc. Did I mentioned the apps are really expensive?
- There is themes for the phone interface what can make the phone totally useless if you use folders on your homescreen (most of the themes cant handle the folders). Yes even expensive themes do that. So you buy something then you feel you put sellotape on your expensive gear.
- Every single install (even a simple cardgame) make a systemreboot.
- The phone rebooting painfully slow.
- The camera has no autofocus. Therefore its makes a lot of times scanning a barcode almost impossible.
Most of the problem the community say: I should reinstall the software... hell no more!
The community always blame the third parties. Most of my other gear can work together flawlessly only the BB devices making dramas all the time (Bold, Torch, Playbook...I have loads of problem with them all the time)
My opinion: this phone is nice how its looks.
Its work well with data plan+BIS.
Its not an efficient and reliable phone I hardly can us it as a serious business phone.
zamarni, 08 Jul 2014hello my blackberry bold 5 signal low battery and went off and i charged it but its not caming... moreMine went off any never came back up.
blackberry Bold 9900 is nothing but crap.
Not a bad phone at all, though it lacks decent software as many other BBs. The camera is really bad, pictures are oversaturated (too many red overall, it is not able to determine the correct white balance even in good light conditions) and blurred. Nighttime the camera is useless. The communication is quite OK however and that's why I use a phone. I like the rounded edges and the fact that it's tough and manufactured well (it felt down many times, my kids even drop it sometimes but there's no even a scratch anywhere). Overall I'm satisfied but I could imagine much better software support, why am I having a smart phone if I am not able to use its features?
AM failiNg to doWnLoad music on this phone it says error when Am doin whts the probleM?
I have a bold 9900 my touchscreen is not working is there a shortcut to accept
Someone can tell me if the "CALL" and the "STOP CALL" buttons are physical or sensors ?
I am using a 9900 - my mobile were crashed last month and I lost all my contacts and datas - however, i connected to Internet, i am falling to access yahoo mail, pls advise
Anonymous, 08 Jul 2014try to go to the nearest technician in your placeso the problem is in my handset right? theres no setting for turning off and on of the touch screen?
I cannot use my the touch screen of my handset, how it will work? or the problem is on my phone? or theres a setting? etc.. HELP ! TNX in advance
Dear All, I have Problem of Hanging BB9900, Sofware are 7.1 , what to with it ? Help me. Azizullah1@gmail.con
hello my blackberry bold 5 signal low battery and went off and i charged it but its not caming on can someone help me please??????
darrenbold, 03 Jul 2014In this day and age of samsung galaxies and iphones leading the market,I have a blackberry bol... moreI have recently bought my blackberry 9900 bold and never looked back one single moment my phone fell twice on the tar road face to the ground but magicly this phone never got a scrath on the screen due to the build in screen guard and super tough screen yeah it aint as fast as the blackberry Z10 on the internet or as big but the keyboard and touch screen makes up for it in more ways than one so if you can get your hands on this phone I recommend you should make the effort of buying it it's really worth it