I like blackberries a lot, but i have never had one, is it worth me paying the money to get one when i wont be using it for business?
Just to let anyone who might be interested know, the blackberry curve 8320 does NOT, REPEAT NOT have GPS. There are lots of review sites with reviews of this phone, and while it is true that it has Blackberry maps, I'm informed that it does not offer live turn by turn directions using GPS. I tried emailing Blackberry themselves for some technical information, but all i got was some smartarse telling me that if i wanted technical info then i would have to subscribe to their technical helpdesk at 50 dollars or some such stupid figure. IF ANYONE HAS A BLACKBERRY CURVE 8320 and IS able to get turn by turn directions using GPS then my mail address is email@example.com, however this information would only be of any use to me if it relates to the UK specification 8320.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
1)how can i download msn messenger to my device?
2)where can i dwnload themes?
3)when using wifi, i must ON the data service? true/false?
Just got the T-Mobile 8320 and used it for about 2 weeks. One of the best Blackberry i have used. I have used many blackberry starting with the 67xx. I'm glade that they gave it a camera and the wifi option. I have used Hotspot@Home and voice grade is good. People that i have talked to can't tell the differece. Would like to know if there is free VOIP for 8320. If you have any suggestions please email me. The display is sharp and has 3.5mm for my headset. Speaker is load enough for meetings. Connection to wireless is easy. Battery life was always awsome, better than alot.. of PDA Phones i have used (Sony,Motorola, HTC, HP, Treo, Iphone) and alot lighter. Over all RIM did a great job on this phone. I know that they came out with 8820 WiFi, but i read that is only for internet use not VOIP. Hope this help.
hi was wondering whether i should buy this phone or go for a blackberry compatible service like the P1i..also wanted to know wat software can be used to make VOIP calls on the blackberry
my friend just gave me a gift,blackberry 8320.
its a very good phone, but when i save the name with +852 then the number, his name appears when i recieve an sms but if the same person calls me, only the number appears on the screen..is there any solution to this? it is an unlocked phone.
I have some questions:
1) Can I install Skype or Yahoo Messenger with Voice on this BB 8320? I want to use it as a VOIP phone in my WLAN or the WLAN in my school. I'm not isterested in the T-Moblie hotspots, because i'm in Romania, and there are many free hotspots where I live.
2) Can I view PDF, Excel, PowerPoint and Word documents on it?
3) Is it true that it can't record video? It can play WMV, MPEG4 and H.263 video. So a video recording application should be also included.
I live in Toronto, just bought Curve 8320, I am with Rogers - anyone know how WIFI works with Rogers, how are you able to use WIFI in stead of Rogers downloads?
hello everyone. for monkey biz? no offense yet it makes sense since its being claimed for biz purpose which lack of 3G/HSDPA capability.pls someone advise if this BB could be installed with Garmin Mobile XT navigation s/w ? appreciate for any inputs.
When browsing, does this curve allow us to stream videos and audios? thanks
LOL, Just returned it 2 days ago, wow had the titanium model to me the pale gold looked to Pimppish for sure and wow what a substandard product, the sound sounds like your hearing through an empty Coke can with water in it, they all say that its for business, funny thing no one says for what kind of business, maybe monkey business for maybe a John telling his call girl where to report only, especially when it cant open a pdf nor a word, or powerpoint files to edit on at all.
Nor can the wifi handle a high degree of security encryption but yet its for business, wow would like to love to know why so many can get so easily fooled by decent marketing skills most of the Public need to realize what is really meant when they say business use. LOL
The only 6 real business phone units out there are only the Nokia E50, E51, E61i, E65, E70, and of course the main dish E90.
If you would prefer to go to another name then its only a company called HTC, and there affiliates that is it.
this is by far the best bb ever,,, and iv used a few, i just got rid oif my iphone and got the bb8320 and im glad, this is a complete package, compact, light, great battery life, good screen, improved video and audio, v.good call sound no signal problems unlike the iphone which i had for a month and a half, i travel alot so this phone is a business travellers genie, specially now that wifi is included unlike the 8800, 8300 and 8310..
i have read all through of your email and looked at the vote. That is totally untrue for BB 8320. This is a Great PDA I have ever seen. I am a Pro PDA user and developped a lot of software for use with PDA. This is a Great unit. I will correct all complaint abiut the features of this phone:
1) First someone said this is cannot call thru Wi-Fi. This is wrong. This one can by purchase the T-Mobile Hotspot @Home and you can call over Wi-Fi wherever you had an internet connection.
2) You said this one cannot be a GPS Device. Wrong. Just go to www.wayfinder.com and buy its GPS software which compatible with this phone and connect it with Nokia GPS Bluetooth Receiver then you will have a Great GPS Unit like all other one
3) You said this one had problem to pair with a Bluetooth Receiver. Wrong. It pairing much easier than a Nokia or Sony-Ericsson Phones. I had 4 bluetooth models stored on my 8320
4) This unit had a Great video and Audio Quality like the ipod Video and can extend the view to bigger than 320x240 size with extremely clear
5) Call quality is excellent and last long battery
HOW MUCH MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR SUCH A NICE NIT WHICH CARRY ALMOST EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR TRAVEL. You guy need to study and practice more on this unit before evaluate to be fair. I hope these information help you to figure out what is the exact meaning of a Great Device should be
Questions guys can someone with knowledge help please?
1) WAP 2.0/xHTML - whats the advantage of this, over simple WAP HTML
2) Does this phone no have Document viewer (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Corel WordPerfect and Adobe PDF)
3) No GPS but has Black berry maps, I dont drive so it seems good enough?
4)can you please compare with Nokia E61i ? Many thanks!
Thank you so much for the insight, guys! I really felt like a dumb blond for a moment.