hi, just want to ask guys, do you prefer this BB phone for me as a student (highschool)? can this help me in some of my works? thanks guys
what is the rate of this phone this days?
i really want to buy this..
the only problem i have with my phone its the software,when is blackberry upgrading the software?
Babyfacey, 03 Jun 2011i have an 8520 curve, good peice of phone. but have had it about 6 months now and its starting... moreTo speed up your cp just like before, you have to hardware reset the phone by removing the battery while it is in the ON mode operation. Gud luck, I hope it will work for you..God bless you..
i have an 8520 curve, good peice of phone. but have had it about 6 months now and its starting to slow down and crash alot. how do i solve this problem, and make it run quicker again like it was in the begining.
Anonymous, 03 Jun 2011does this set come wid both CDMA n GSM facility??? BB website doesnt list it in the GSm sectio... morethat's different version,8530 for cdma and 8520 gsm,,
both of them is a nice gadget
does this set come wid both CDMA n GSM facility??? BB website doesnt list it in the GSm section of it..
I like the phone's overall features. Its a budget phone where I am getting most applications compared to other costlier one's. So its a good buy for me.
which is better? bb85290 or nokia c3-01?i need your comments asap. thanks!
AnonD-9496, 30 May 2011i meant without subscribing to bb plans and under normal gprs plans can i receive or send mail... moreO2 users just ask your customer service team to add "BlackBerry service" on your account and you can use the Internet email and bbm free of cost using your normal data plan.
Anonymous, 31 May 2011TIPS ON HOW TO SAVE ON 8520's BATT LIFE
1. Turn the brightness down to the lowest level(10)... morei have to disagree with number 5 for blackberry has the usual lithium-ion batteries. draining it will wear it out.
"Li-ion should never be discharged too low, and there are several safeguards to prevent this from happening. The equipment cuts off when the battery discharges to about 3.0V/cell, stopping the current flow. If the discharge continues to about 2.70V/cell or lower, the battery’s protection circuit puts the battery into a sleep mode. This renders the pack unserviceable and a recharge with most chargers is not possible. To prevent a battery from falling asleep, apply a partial charge before a long storage period."
My Name is Fizzy Wizzy and I have this phone and its the best phone in the world what I do like about this is that the vibrator is really powerfull so it comes in handy in other activities too!!!! Also I am curvy too just like the name of the phone :)
shaikat, 26 May 2011If I want to send any file via bloototh on the other mobile every time it requirs a passcode. ... moreyou need to enter any number eg: 123 AND the orther device you connecting to must enter the same as you've entered eg: 123
i like this phone everything is working and i like it but the write protection issue Evey time i try to load stuff on the blackberry media manager it says the disk is write protected please remove write protection or use another disk.How do you remove it on the small sd card the one in the phone because it doesn't have a switch like the adapter its int the phone>please help
TIPS ON HOW TO SAVE ON 8520's BATT LIFE
1. Turn the brightness down to the lowest level(10) the screen is vibrant and bright itself, doesn't really need the help of a backlight unless you stand under direct sunlight.
2. Turn off the "Automatically Dim Backlight" Feature
3. As much as possible, do not put the phone on vibrate. The vibration comes from the battery and it really drains itself out.
4. Of course, close unused apps. Hold down the menu button to open the task manager. When using an app, i.e. Pic Gallery, do not press the END (red) button to immediately go to the home screen as this puts the active app on standby, consuming batt life. Instead, press the BACK key a number of times until you get back to the home screen. Or press the menu button while in an app then scroll down to CLOSE when possible.
5. Drain the battery before charging it when possible. And fully charge it! This enhances the battery cycle.
Kenneth, 27 May 2011what is the blackberry pin for?? and how to release it?? I'm planning to buy this phone. i liv... moreA pin is a unique code which identifies a blackberry.It is used 4 bbm n otha stuff