hi all,im new to this phone.BB plans price in india is 4-5 times extra than normal data plans..and i dnt hav much to spend on it.i dont need any push email facility as i'm nt a corporate.guys cud u plz help me how to setup normal gprs in this device?looking for a guideline..thank you:)
Can anyone tell me what an MEP unlock code is? My blackberry keeps on asking for that code whenever i put my sim in it. The strange part is, my sim works on a different handsets[nokia...etc], i also tried my sim on another BB and it doesn't work. :(
How do you change your message alert tone on the 8520? Is there a way to speed up the internet with regards to changing settings?
1st of all u need to install opera mini browser in ur bb 8520 and den u can use gprs without bis..
Far, 29 Mar 2011Yes you can use GPRS service without BB service. Dear far...pls tell how to setup gprs service on bb8520 without bis service
ASIF, 30 Mar 2011BB8520 is good or bad mobile fone just say that good smartphone..
this phone has no camera flash, no no for taking picture at night, no 3G.good sound quality.battery life ok.
wheels, 30 Mar 2011can anyone tell me the good and worst sides of this blackbery curve i want to purchase one pls... morePro:
1. Cheapest blackberry with the most loaded features you can get.
2. Very Light (it's made out of plastic)
3. Great internal storage for such cheap price
4. Good speaker! believe me it is actually good for music listening (3.5mm jack, get your fave earphone now and plug it in!)
5. Better battery power (spec-wise, real time use-wise) on CERTAIN OS version (but obviously not the 4.x.x.)
6. Track PAD ! believe me. I am tired of people swearing sh*ts about Bold 9000's trackball and such.
7. OK camera. This cheap blackberry gives you adequate camera function. Video...let's just say I give 6 out of 10.
8. If you use recording that much like me, I actually love how sensitive the microphone is! one time I record a song (voice+ acoustic guitar) and it's done with very minimum noise.
1. It is made out of plastic..so for some guy some where somehow it appears cheap (but it IS cheap)
2. non-upgradable to OS 6. well...would not make sense selling the other more expensive model if they support this...
3. if you consider yourself "hardcore" phone users.... there's a chance you would swear upon this plastic blackberry, but if you just calm down, replacing some keys isn't that expensive actually.. or you know.. don't press the keypad like you do to your pimple might works just fine..
4. OK camera. This is also a bad point because some of you might want to take good picture one day among a year and you cant do it with this phone. but dude, on normal condition, actually the camera works fine, you can keep swearing off the -no auto focus and no flash- factors though.
5. No 3G. BUT i put this on the last..because 3G provider in my country sucks it doesn't even feel like we have one. this one has EDGE and it feels pretty good IMHO.
6. "That's it?!" ... is what you'll likely say 1 week after you get used to this phone. (but also... is what you'll likely say when you pay for the phone at the counter. -this is a pro btw-)
1. Always get the official blackberry handheld, if you're getting the used one, try google on what to check on the machine before you passed the money to the seller.
2. Browse the App World. Trust me, you don't need 1 million apps to run a phone! 10 - 20 is what you will most likely use til the day you throw the phone away for something else.
3. BACKUP your phonebook and messenger data, on the memory card, with PC Suite (or something else they call it), online, and via 3rd party such as Google Sync, Plaxo, etc. I call this being a smart user, whose phone is already smart.
4. When you buy the accessories, choose well. If you spend too much on buying screen protection, silicon case, and something else... I had to say you should consider to use the money to upgrade to a better blackberry device.
Howz the sound quality?? Nd wat video format does it support...? Plz reply , want 2 get 1 in few days..
I have this hand set, it was fine for 2 month, then it began to heat up..smelled like burned smell from battery..i dk why!! and slow down.
Any body had this defect?
wheels, 30 Mar 2011can anyone tell me the good and worst sides of this blackbery curve i want to purchase one pls... moreGo for the 8520 surely you won't regret if the blackberry services exist in your area
nice phone..not very exensive n u can enjoy all blackberry features..
just it has very poor battery life