blackberrian, 03 Mar 2010to my friends JRF n safoo and other gemini users,
dude,i have facing another issues here fo... moretryin answer ur question:
1) i dont use gemini for FB etc cz its kinda battery squeezin,,,
2) bout battery drainin phenomenon theres 2 things; 1. in every boot up effort theres some power consume spikes to 'ignite' the set instrument; 2) after a long time of handset uptime, theres a miss calculation of battery activity cz its all bout power 'particle' in the battery that cant be accurately measured.
3) im not sure can answer this cz im not jrf/safoo guy LoL
to my friends JRF n safoo and other gemini users,
dude,i have facing another issues here folks..help me man..i just dont know how but it seems we r facing issues one after another..ok,forget about the blinking stuff..
1) now,my gemini seems like it doesnt link 100% directly to my FB..when i had a notifications frm my FB basically it will push to my email n then i just check it from messages(instead of checking on my email client)..when i click the FB msges,normally it will goes direct to the chat,rite? but now,when i opened the msges it will showed me the text written n a link to it(which b4 dis the link doesnt exist)..then,if i want to read all the texts i need to click on the link..it will asked whether i want to open either from the opera or native browser..this is sucks dude! it is like u open ur FB mssges from ur email by using a laptop..arghh,wtf is going on..i re-install back by FB n then rebooted it..the problem still there my friends..y is that ha?do u hv this kind of issues lately bro?
2) another thing that i dont ever like when turn off or reboot my device is,the battery is definitely drained..for instance,b4 turn off,the battery is 30 %,after that it will be 20%..this thing has caused a question marks in my head since i own a hp(10 years ago)..it just not happen to BB but to all hp as well..y on earth when u turn off/reboot the device,the battery must be draining ha?i though it will save the battery n the battery level will stay same like b4..but,anyway the best thing when rebooted ur device is,it is like a cleaning process that gave u back ur unused memory..increase the memory space whether internal or mmc..
3)to JRF n safoo plz check for me plz regarding this issues
blackberrian, 03 Mar 2010yes,it is damn awesome n handsome dude..dude,who said this gemini cant transfer files via blue... morei think there should no mean security to make data transfer a bit complicated, RIM should consider user friendly setup n automatic set.... in fact, there r nothing to fear of security if ppl know the way of their data transfer.... Even by normal set like nokia SE htc iphone etc... Anyway RIM still updating their technology,,,,,
Anonymous, 03 Mar 2010great phone....its size and sleek looks make it one of the most handsome phones on the market ... moreyes,it is damn awesome n handsome dude..dude,who said this gemini cant transfer files via bluetooth?says who??u can transfer n receive songs,pictures n so on via bluetooth..ok,for security reason that is y it is designed that way n a bit complicated using the bluetooth compared to others..however this prob will no longer be a problem if u always play with it n has own it for a while..to use the bluetooth,first open ur menu > manage connections > tick the B.T (n make sure that other device also on the B.T) >scroll down to B.T options (if u had paired ur device before,it will shows the name of the device..delete it make sure that the box is empty..then exit n go to set up B.T..i think u r able to continue ur self then..then go to media>menu>receive using bluetooth..u just dont know how thats y u said like that..but if u know how to use it,then i will said simply bye2 the nokia,se or others except iphone..hahahaha
Amazing phone... really good screen....music is decent...camera is really good for kodak moments considering its a 2 mp... bluetooth is a slight issue...but you can transfer files if u go to multimedia menu and select receive using bluetooth option... if u want a business cell with multimedia in a budget...This is it
great phone....its size and sleek looks make it one of the most handsome phones on the market
the downside is that why does the phone have a bluetooth feature if you cant receive files from a bb or any other phone?..another issue is that you can't change the screensaver..which is a clockface you have to live with.Other than these flaws everything else works perfectly...Sweet phone but if you like exchanging music and photos via bluetooth this phone definitely is a no no
swaroop, 02 Mar 2010i was trying to transfer certain files from a nokia phone to my new curve 8520 through bluetoo... moresecurity issues, which become blackberry concern to protect user's system(data n stability) so its kind of hard to sync a BB w/ a non BB even by bluetooth cmiiw
i was trying to transfer certain files from a nokia phone to my new curve 8520 through bluetooth but in vain . i got very impatient that i just couldnt do a simple thing ... it is not happening from a blackberry to a blackberry .. plz help if someone know how to do it \\ i've tried everything
Phumlani, 01 Mar 2010Hi, all..plz help me with getiing started with instant messaging. The contacts i had tried add... morehi..
actually for u to get starting n enjoy the BB's IM,u need to have the internet service..if u dont have the internet connection how come u will get through to chat via the IM! to do that,u need to have the BIS (blackberry internet service)..which is mean the data package especially for BB..w/out BIS ur device cant functions like it should be..kindly contacts ur carrier regarding this matter to know what will they charge u per month..after u hv subscribes the BIS,u r fully covered with the internet connection 24/7..then only u can enjoy using ur BB n get all the features that u as a BB user supposed to have in ur device..for instance,u can online via ym all the time,set ur FB n get all the notifications from it from time to time,set ur emails n then get the push email to ur device n so on..with wifi u still can get online BUT in the limited area only(u need to be at the wifi hotspot only)..but,as far as i know even if u can connected via wifi instead of BIS,i doubt that u cant get all the benefits like u suppose to have if u a BIS subscriber..my advice,sign up for the BIS n then u r problem free..no hassle n peaceful in mind..although u need to pay more for that,but u can get all the benefits..BB is definitely not the same like others..
blackberrian, 28 Feb 2010hahaha..see i told already what,in my previous post bro..b4 dis we r busy with our lives n thi... moreHaha yeah it appears to be this way. I can swear that the LED should blink but some people just say that it doesn't. I guess we just have to wait and see if someone can "fix" this :)
Hi, all..plz help me with getiing started with instant messaging. The contacts i had tried adding say pending. I bought my phone cash and not on contract, could this be the reason by any chance? Please help!!!
can somebody help me find a native pdf reader for my 8520. i havent subcribed to BB BIS and i was told that if email attachments come in pdfs they will be opened automatically. however, if i transferred pdf files from my laptop for example, i couldnt open it in my BB 8520. tried searching for a pdf reader application online but to no avail. help would be much appreciated. thanks guys!
JRF, 28 Feb 2010Ok, this is wierd. This morning I recieved a phone call and the LED was blinking while it was ... morehahahahahaha!
You & blackberrian r funny!
anyway thanks for the support :)
PS. Blackberrian - i also did not like the message option of the call log for Missed Calls (i.e. to have it in message inbox). So i left Missed Call as is.
wonderwoman, 28 Feb 2010Bout the answer you gave to mj.. is this BIS service usa only?Yeah, BIS is everywhere. But there are a few countries that don't support it yet. You can check that with your carrier :)
wonderwoman, 28 Feb 2010Bout the answer you gave to mj.. is this BIS service usa only?nope..it was referred to all around the world..